Thursday, October 14, 2010

Olympus E-5, AGAIN !!


Update:
I have received a few questions, doubts and curious remarks from readers asking if the uder-reviews I have posted here were paid advertisements from Olympus. My answer is NO, it was NOT a paid advertisement. Olympus Malaysia approached me with the loaned unit of E-5, and I had VERY limited time with it for 3 days only, and I did the shooting and review on my blog out of my own time, effort passion and love for Olympus. I did not expect anything in return. Nonetheless, the overwhelming positive response from everyone, everywhere is more than enough of a reward anyone could ask for !! I hope this clears up some misunderstandings.


I have to thank you ALL beautiful readers so, so much for putting in so many kind words in my previous entries pertaining to Olympus E-5 reviews !! Olympus Malaysia has heard your comments, and they have decided to give me the Olympus E-5 for one more run this coming weekend. If it was not for the overwhelming response in the forums everywhere in the world and the massive amount of comments to my review write-ups, this certainly would not happen.


A father's love. Olympus E-520 with 40-150mm F3.5-4.5

I shall be doing the same thing as I have done before, to fully concentrate on shooting. I will have the opportunity to bring the Olympus E-5 out of Kuala Lumpur this time, into other states, hence I am thrilled at the photo opportunities this weekend promises. I can only pray for fine and beautiful weather to add the finishing touch. I cannot wait !!

I will spend most of my time shooting, and making photographs happen throughout the weekend. The soonest I will be able to post anything up here would be on Sunday night (Malaysian time), and definitely I will be breaking down my user-experienced oriented review into multiple parts. Do come back and see what more this Olympus E-5 is capable of doing for us.

It has been a great pleasure and fulfilling experience using the Olympus E-5, and sharing my thoughts and photographs with all of you. I sincerely thank all of you for your superbly inspiring feedback and unexpectedly generous encouragements. I will do my best, with the Olympus E-5, this weekend.

Cheers !!

24 comments:

  1. Hi Robin! I'm an happy French owner of an Olympus E-620, and i'm longing for buying the new E-5...since i've read your review and seen your pictures. You really have the eye of an artist, you know! Can't wait for your next pictures and comments! Best Regards from France!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Greg !!
    Whoah, all the way from France !! Thank you so much for commenting.
    I am still a very "fresh" artist, and I am so new to photography. Nonetheless, I think the most important thing is to enjoy using the camera, and enjoy photography.
    I will be doing more extensive shooting this time, bringing the camera to more places. Cannot wait for the weekend !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chong,
    not really. Kinda turned Jason down on his Kuantan offer. Felt bad LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robin.
    Thank you, for your rewiew of E-5
    I love Olympus and are owner of Olympus E-510.
    It is now, time for upgrade, maybe an E-5. Can't wait for your next pictures and comments! Maybe you can showe more pictures at high ISO, 1600 to 3200 ISO in low light.

    Best Regards from Finn in Denmark

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Finn from Denmark,
    Thank you so much for your kind comments. Indeed, E-5 is a HUGE step upwards from E-510.
    I will be shooting a lot outdoors, under broad daylight, as well as night time. I will surely do a specific entry for extreme high ISO setting.
    Thank you for your support. I will try my best to update my blog soonest possible after the the weekend shooting. Stay tuned !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Olympus should lend an E-5 to me. I am sure they would like to see some great shots from the west of Ireland :-)

    Seriously though... looking forward to seeing some more of what you can do with one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Phil Burns,
    Thanks. Perhaps you should try to contact Olympus Ireland? Maybe they would loan you one, who knows right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Robin.Hope the weekend brings you fine weather.Can't wait for further info' on the E3.
    Many thanks for doing such a great review.Lovely to see someone,actually go & shoot pic's,instead of reading dry stats.Keep up the good work.Cheers,John.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Robin,

    I'm glad you get another go with E-5. Now, let your pictures do the talking! Happy shooting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,
    Thanks so much for your support. I am hoping for clear, deep beautiful blue skies for this weekend. Going to do some scenery shots.

    Hey Dennis,
    thanks !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John,
    Thanks so much for your support. I am hoping for clear, deep beautiful blue skies for this weekend. Going to do some scenery shots.

    Hey Dennis,
    thanks !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Olympus Malaysia and HQ in Japan realized that because of your talent in photography alot of skeptics became believers of the new E-5. Like I said before, it might not be at par to todays specs you've proven to the world how excellent this camera is. I hope you get this one for keeps and not just for the weekend. You deserve it. Keep shooting and show the world how awesome the E-5 really is!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Eric,
    Thanks so much for your kind comments. I really hope they would give me the E-5 too !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i pray for thunderstorm, rain and wat nought for u and the e-5 so we can see wat the e-5 can do in extreme weather conditions. haha..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Anonymous,
    I am sure the E-5 will survive the thunderstorm, but I may not !!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Robin,

    just wanted to let you know that German Olympus owners are reading this as well. I have an E-520, like you, and yes, I'm really interested in the E-5 - that's why I came here in the first place.

    But the more I read, the more interesting I found your site - even when you took your Panasonic out for some street shooting.

    Oh, and btw - I have some relatives in Malaysia; my wife is from there.

    cheers, and thanks,
    Wolfgang

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Wolfgang,
    You have had quite a reputation, even here in Malaysia. My friends (Olympus users) know of you and your beautiful work !! It is an honour having you here.
    What a surprise, you wife is a Malaysian !! Then she must know very well the places I have been to, and shown in my blog.
    I am still loving my E-520. I shoot with compact cameras sometimes, to remind myself that it is not the camera that matters, but the photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi,remember to do the continuous AF test ya..thanks and have a nice time with such leng lui camera.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Robin,

    Nice to hear that you will have some more time with the E-5. I am looking forward to see some more beautifull shots with the E-5 from you. As an E-620 user, your review of the E-5 has been very interesting to follow. I think Olympus has done a really nice product. Hopefully Olympus Malaysia will let you keep the unit:-)

    Greetings from Staffan in Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Anonymous,
    My type of shooting does not require continous AF, hence it is best you refer to other reviews.

    Hey Staffan,
    I have come home from my short trip with plenty of photographs to share. Do stay tuned, I will be posting them up really soon. Thanks !!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Robin.

    I found a (pdf) page, from a guy in Austria - for those able to read german - http://weinzettl.info/Olympus_E-5_hochaufloesend.pdf who is referring to your blog (must be - quote "Bericht aus Malaysia gelesen hatte" - in english something like - "had read report from Malaysia).
    He has the same approach to the camera-test as you - namely let us see, how it performs in action.

    One of his conclusions is like yours, that the 50mm f/2.0 is focusing much faster.

    Best regards from Denmark
    Mogens

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Mogens,
    Thanks so much for the info, I really appreciate it !!
    I have no idea how they managed to solve the slow AF and sometimes hunting/refused to focus 50mm on E-5. Nonetheless, it is good news.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Everything is very open with a clear description
    of the issues. It was definitely informative.
    Your website is useful. Thanks for sharing!

    My page ... Biotech Services

    ReplyDelete