Sunday, July 11, 2010

Weekend Adventures


My weekend has been rather extraordinary. I spent it away from the heart of KL, had the opportunity to taste and enjoy new food, and best of all, being privileged to witness, and capture the happiest moments of Moon and Ann’s wedding day.


Kids are the most vulnerable, and popularly victimized photography subjects in wedding.

I was the photographer for the actual day wedding event, which was held at Klang, the hometown of Ann. Since the groom’s side intended to leave the house to groom’s side at early 7am, I stayed over Klang for the night to have a fresh morning start. It was one of the most hectic wedding jobs I have encountered, but also at the same time, the most entertaining and fulfilling one. I enjoyed myself thoroughly throughout the entire morning session and the dinner as well, and I just cannot describe the magic of wedding photography. The ability to see, and reproduce happiness through photography work is quite powerful and sentimental at the same time.

Restaurant food. The downside of being a photographer instead of an invited guest, is the limited, if no chance to eat. Oh well, for food lover like me this is a bummer.


On Sunday morning, before I depart back to KL, Moon and Ann were so kind to bring me out to sample the infamous Bak Kut Teh in Klang. Although I have been in KL for approximately two years now, it is quite a sad fact to admit that I have never tried Klang Bak Kut Teh before !!! I was told that there were hundreds of places selling Bak Kut Teh of all varieties all around Klang area. In order to survive the Bak Kut Teh business here, the standard of the Bak Kut Teh must be above average, or else people would have opted for the next shop 20 seconds walk down the road. Therefore, anywhere you go to in Klang, you are bound to bump into really delicious Bak Kut Teh, arguably the best available in the whole nation.

BAK KUT TEH OMG OMG OMG OMGGGGGG !!!

Soup Version

Dry version. I really like this version.

"U-Char-Kueh" to go along with soup.

I am not exactly a Bak Kut Teh frequenter, and it is not exactly a popular dish from where I come from come: Kuching. However, the Bak Kut Teh in Klang won me over on my first mouthful. We ordered two versions, the dry and soup. The soup version tasted different from anything I have tried before. The aroma and taste was not overwhelming, but very pleasant and just strong enough to beg for more. The meat was well cooked and very tender. However, what I really loved was the dry version. I have never tried dried Bak Kut Teh before in my life, and to me this was quite a unique dish. You just have to take my word for it, and I can tell you it is absolutely tasty. It does live up to its reputation, and I can now understand why there are crazy people who would drive almost an hour to Klang just to have that bowl of Bak Kut Teh to satisfy their cravings.



For more photos from the morning session on the actual day wedding, please kindly head over to my portfolio page:
http://simplyrobinphotography.blogspot.com/2010/07/kee-tong-pui-moon-actual-day-wedding.html
The photos from the night dinner in Klang will be updated soon.

I have to thank Moon and Ann again, for letting me photograph their biggest day. On top of that, they still made time for breakfast and catching up with me. I truly enjoyed myself tremendously over this weekend, and I wish only the best of health, wealth and luck to both Moon and Ann.

No comments:

Post a Comment