Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Pasta Zanmai Quickie


Side Note: All photos in this entry were taken with Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ8

Last Friday night, right after work, off we (Andrew, Ben and me) flew to Mid Valley to catch "Sorcerer's Apprentice". Before entering the cinema, we had our dinner at Pasta Zanmai, which was surprisingly vacant for a Friday evening.

My trusty Panasonic Lumix LZ8 was with me, and I happily went into photo-trance and spent a few minutes snapping photos before indulging myself into some real good Japanese food.



Some seafood pizza

Terriyaki Chicken

Unagi

Tempura

*insert some Japanese words of your choice

The ambient lighting was terribly dim and unfavorable. All photos taken at ISO400 with Aperture Priority, no flash, at shutter speed of 1/8sec to 1/20sec hand held. The IS did a wonderful job preventing the blur. Also, this is something compact cameras do well, with the one button switch to macro mode, enabling really awesome close-up shots which is extremely useful for food photography. The white balance of the camera came out rather horrible, and I have put some effort in correcting the colours.

Nonetheless, for a budget compact camera, I was satisfied with the output.

So can your *insert ridiculously expensive camera phone of your choice* take photographs half as good as my cheap compact camera? I still do not get the hype of camera phones. So far, they are ALL crap cameras mercilessly crammed into phones. Maybe one day (God knows when) camera phones will be able to produce semi-decent photographs, but definitely NOT today.

I do think the food taste rather good, but on the pricey side.

Good food, so-so movie, great companions, one hell of an awesome Friday night, I must say.

4 comments:

  1. Always wanted to try but didn't manage to. Don't know why. LOL.

    Eh, no need to say you used Pana camera la. Your shots still god-like. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey chong,
    I thought the shots here are pretty sub-standard. But it has got to be better than what camera phones can do la ahahaha...
    Come come come lets go Pasta Zanmai..

    ReplyDelete
  3. either your camera made the food looks super tempting... or it's really that tempting.. lol.. I'm hungry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shirleen,
    It was just a cheap, budget camera !! The food was good. ahahah

    ReplyDelete