Wednesday, March 03, 2010

It is Bitter Bitter...


An extract of a poem by Stephen Crane, which inspired Stephen King whom adapted it to part of his earlier works, The Eyes of the Dragon. That book was one of my favourites.



The original lines went as follows:

"In the desert
I saw a creature, naked, bestial,
who, squatting upon the ground,
Held his heart in his hands,
And ate of it.
I said, "Is it good, friend?"
"It is bitter bitter," he answered;
"But I like it
Because it is bitter,
And because it is my heart."


So if you ask me how have I been, can I answer you, "It is bitter bitter? But I like it, because it is my life?"

7 comments:

  1. Let's sing Bon Jovi's song out loud now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that you have a portfolio now. Cool...

    Yet another non-related comment. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey daniel,
    It is my life !! ahahha

    Hey Chong,
    LOL... the portfolio is so noob !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chong : Of course lah, people professional photographer, must have portfolio to show clients. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jason,
    Noob here lah !! Didnt see how noob those photos are? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Robin, I pretty much agree with you. I too have thoughts like this that come across my mind all the time. I think it really depends on individual perspective. But one thing for sure is.. a good picture imo is one that tells a story. Doesn't matter how the viewer perceives it.. but how strong it felt to him/her. Btw.. waa..nice pics again!

    ReplyDelete