Yes, you heard that God Damned right. I have just bought a new phone.
Actually before this, I do not actually own a phone. Since that incident-that-we-shall-not-speak-of-again, I have not got myself a replacement and up till now, I have been using a spare phone provided by Chun Chow.
As I was doing my usual
MY NEW PHONE
IT IS A PHILIPS. SCREW NOKIA AND SE
I talked to a friend through MSN. Here was how it went, and somehow it summarized everything about the phone.
Friend: Philips huh? So what can the phone do?
Me: Well, make calls, and SMS?
Friend: Yes yes, but besides that?
Me: Ermm.. like what?
Friend: How is the bluetooth? Got 3G? Can connect to Wifi?
Me: No bluetooth. No.. none of the above...
Friend: Ohh... Can it play MP3?
Friend: The camera, how many megapixels?
Me: No camera..
Me: It is pretty basic. Got it for RM98.
Friend: The FUCK. Is that even a phone???
Friend: You know Robin, you are ridiculously, hopelessly, helplessly weird.
Me: I know.
Surf the internet? I have got my own trusty Lappie.
Listen to MP3? I have the M:Robe (click), which functions pretty well still.
Camera? Hello? Do I have a camera?
So why do I need all those things in one phone? Would they not be redundant, and is it necessary for me to fork out that much cash for everything that I have already owned?
Well sue me for not being crazy over phones like any normal guy would. I mean come on, a phone is a phone, if it makes calls and does texts, then it has served its purpose well enough.
IT LOOKS GOOD. IT FEELS RIGHT IN HAND.
Why I bought this phone?
1) I do not have a phone now. I need a replacement.
2) It has the basic functions of calls and texts. More than enough for me.
3) It does not have all the whistles and bells like other phones which I would not use anyway. I like it easy and simple.
4) It looks good, and feels damned good in hand too.
5) I like the slim, small, and light weight (less than 60g, with battery !! WTFFFF) design. I love it black too.
6) It is damned cheap. RM98. Cant ask for a better deal.
7) It is an original Philips product, and I have a long trust and following of Philips as a reliable brand.
8) All simplicities aside, this phone has an incredible battery life that lasts stunningly up to 10 days. No kidding. It means I only have to charge it three times a month !!
I AM LOVING IT.
I guess this particular phone is quite an interesting choice, because it does show who I really am. I cut all the crap, and go straight to the point most of the time. I enjoy simplicity, and I find joy in keeping things to the basics. Life is complicated enough, lets not make it any worse.
I am so loving my new phone.