Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas is Near


I have not done night shooting in quite a while, and I was starting to sense that my tripod is rusting off by itself due to lack of usage. Finishing the week off early, looking right forward to the long weekend, I could wait no longer and storm out the door with my gears and the tripod to the city after work. The sky was looking quite alright when I stepped out of the door, but when I arrived at my destination, the downpour came unexpected, and to my horror it rained continuously for subsequent hours !!!

*click* image for larger view

*click* image for larger view



Just when I thought I could give it another attempt on sunset shooting in the city scape, I guess luck will never be on my side whenever I want to take pictures during golden hour. It just has got to rain every single time I try !! And when the rain stops, it is freaking dark already. Nonetheless I did not let that stop me, and went on snapping whatever I could find, just to scratch the itch. It is an opening for the weekend's shutter therapy session, so I figured out I had nothing to lose but just grab in a few more shots before heading home.

*click* image for larger view

*click* image for larger view



All the shopping malls have been garnished with Christmas festivity theme, and the mood is very welcoming in this season. You get to see all sorts of human mutations at varying degenerative levels running around posing in front of camera phones, and making the ever popular peace signs. It is the time for shopping spree, and I guess what, I am just too broke at the moment to even buy a new towel to replace my current one which has been decorated with multiple holes of various sizes. Heck, even my stockings have got holes too !!! Life does seem cruel when your pocket is at its emptiest moments.

*click* image for larger view

*click* image for larger view




I have initially intended to return to Kuching to celebrate Christmas and my upcoming birthday with my family, but again, with such tight financial conditions, and not having any annual leave left were not very helpful at all. I have given up Christmas with my family for so many years now, and celebrating it alone again is becoming a routine for me. I am not really complaining really, but we all wish for better things, don't we?

And then I can predict that someone would come to me and dare to say "Air Asia ticket so cheap what, why not fly back to Kuching?". Sometimes I do wonder if I am a saint, for not chewing the head of those people off instantly.

*click* image for larger view

*click* image for larger view



So what am I going to do for this year's Christmas since I will be all alone in KL? I have no plans yet. Perhaps, this is the time of the year to lay down my camera and do something else. I am not sure, but I believe I will come up with something. After all, there are not that many things that I can do that does not involve that much cash, are there?

Anyone out there free for a Christmas emo-ing session? Do let me know. Maybe we can hangout or something.

4 comments:

  1. u could come down to spore? hehehe

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey marcus,
    not this christmas, ahahaha.. perhaps sometime next year

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Christmas falls on Friday which also means...... :P

    I like the KLCC pic, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey chong,
    good point, good point.
    KLCC pic u like, because it is the same reason as friday?

    ReplyDelete