Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Breakfast Person


I admit, I am not one breakfast guy. I just could not imagine anyone could eat anything at all after waking up. Getting off bed, usually I would feel a little woozy, and though I do thirst for something to drink, but I do not have appetite to down anything else other than liquid. I know people do tell that breakfast is for some mystical reasons the most important meal of the day, but heck, I have not had one for millions of years.

*click* image to see its awesomeness




Even my years spent in Perth, with all those scary looking long sausages, the sinful bacons and french toasts, if I do consume those set of breakfast, it could have become my lunch.

During my recent trip to Muar however, my friends and I decided to try out one of the famous old kopitiam transformed into luxurious cafe, for which I have not remembered the name. Not that I have not tried those kind of food before, but hey, having it once in a while with the right company of friends can be quite refreshing.

TOWER OF TOASTS

*click* image to see its awesomeness



SOFT BOILED

*click* image to see its awesomeness



ELEPHANT BEANS

*click* image to see its awesomeness



The elephant bean coffee was quite interesting. It was my first time trying it, and I do find it very different from any coffee I have tasted before. The flavour was aggressively more full-bodied, and a perfect match to go with the breakfast food.

At that time, I was still hogging on to the Zuiko 11-22mm F2.8-3.5 lens, and it did wonders under low light situation. As observed, it did well for close up shots on the food too.

Anyone out there who is not a fan of breakfast? Or perhaps, I am the weird one standing out of the crowd.

21 comments:

  1. its a long time since I've had a decent breakfast. I usually wake up in time for lunch , lol

    damn.. i miss kolo mee, but some kaya toast and soft boiled wouldn't be that bad either.

    cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey brandon,
    when I do go back to Kuching, I do not mind waking up early just for kolo mee or laksa. Maximizing my opportunities of having more kuching food during my very limited trip home !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a breakfast person too, unless I stayed up the whole night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey jasonmumbles,
    Glad to know !! We do have something in common after all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's 434 if i'm not mistaken.. hehehe... :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey moli,
    the name of the place u mean? Hmm.. weird number.

    ReplyDelete
  7. traditional toast with kaya is amazing! i'll have that for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner!

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey marcus,
    whoah did not know you were such a huge fan of traditional toasts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it is the best! i prefer the green kaya but i think the most important thing is that the toast has to be sliced into half

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey marcus,
    green kaya is nice, because of the pandan content !! Sliced into half? Having more surface being toasted eh?

    ReplyDelete
  11. robin! i just had kaya toast today for tea! shiok!

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey marcus,
    ahaha.. I shall find mine too LOLL.. maybe soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Breakfast is important dude!

    Wow the 11-22mm Wide lens! Must ajak u out for yum cha jor.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey anston,
    yes the 11-22 lens! But unfortunately its not mine haha
    but yes lets go yum cha anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i m sm1 who cnt skip my breakfas...haha, i wil hungry automatic everyday wen wake up,is a routine....lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey anonymous,
    LOL.. I do not have appetite when I wake up. But yeah... I guess different people functions differently. Please kindly state your name the next time you comment ya.

    Hey Allen,
    Late breakfast is good !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i am d anonymous,adeline...

    ReplyDelete
  18. hey adeline,
    thanks !! I really appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete
  19. welcome..i like ur blog v photos taken by u vr much...adeline*

    ReplyDelete
  20. hey adeline,
    thanks !! I am glad you like the photos!!

    ReplyDelete