Thursday, August 27, 2009

Century Egg


This is one case of love it, or hate it scenario, but I am finding myself deeply in love with the century egg lately. I have not had much of those high cholesterol unhealthy preserved eggs when I was young, probably because it was not amongst the favourite family food. I finally rediscovered the unique taste and texture of the century egg being served abundantly as the toppings for the irresistible porridge at any dim sum places back in Perth. It goes reaaaaallly well with porridge I tell you.

*click* image to see its awesomeness




No, do not worry, I am not overstuffing myself with the century egg. I found quite a generous portion being served as a part of a rice box set from this Taiwanese food chain at Times Square. I do find the box set quite interesting, though a little pricey for my usual expenditure for food on ordinary days. I heard their oyster mee suah is really good. Will definitely give it a try some time soon.

*click* image to see its awesomeness




It does seem that I have not fully utilized my kit lens, 14-42mm for quite some time already. Chong, an avid food photographer has recently inspired me on going fully wide angle on my shots. So I tried out taking the photo of food at widest angle 14mm, and boy, the photo came out really great !!

Weekend is coming soon. It is a long one, and I intend to make full use of it. Can't wait already !!

13 comments:

  1. I where got inspired you?! I copied ur style la.

    So technically speaking, u r copying ur own style. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey chong,
    it was your idea to go full wide. I normally used 25mm, and if i use kit lens I would zoom in. So yeah, it came from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. century egg rocks! funny how i only grew to love such odd food when i was away from spore! century eggs...chicken feet...yeah!


    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey marcus,
    i guess we have become more open to food other than the ones we are comfortable with at our home place once we went out from the country eh? I miss chilli mussels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fine fine. It's from me. I'm just altering & trying some of your techniques :P

    It's looks different. It feels different.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey chong,
    lets go japanese some time! I miss some gud sashimi man

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey chong,
    LOL.. good good. Then we shall do food photography together gether... bring your DSLR ah !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've lost motivation to take photos at the moment. No mood or what so ever. But you're welcome to hog the food as long as you like with the condition of returning it to me after you're done taking photos of my food. Besides, I feel (ultra) inferior while taking photos when you're around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm, that looks good! What is that dish called?

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey chong,
    aiyoo like that no fun lah. eh what lah inferior... i just mentioned that I stole your idea !!

    hey atlasya,
    It is simply titled rice box set I think. What is in the set.. I could not remember.. ahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  11. aiseh...you make me hungry in this fasting month...

    -roger-

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey wannaza,
    Oops, sorry didnt mean to !!

    ReplyDelete