Thursday, July 02, 2009

Frankie, Pizza and Spaghetti

I still remembered clearly the first time I met Frankie, and he told me that he liked what he saw on my blog, especially the pictures I produced with my old Kodak compact camera. I visited his blog and found that he too, was another rare species out there other than me who would squeeze every single bit of potential out of a mere compact point and shoot camera. With his humble Nikon Coolpix 3200, I have seen him taking better pictures than some of other local photo-bloggers who proudly use DSLRs.

*click* image to see its awesomeness



We believe that there are more elements that make up a good photograph, rather than the tools and gears. We also believe that before using a DSLR, we should at least master our compact cameras first and get to know some basics of photography. Then I also remember us saying that, “Nah, DSLR is just a luxury, we are happy with compacts and wont go for DSLR anytime soon.”

And today, we are both shooting with DSLRs. How ironic!!

Just a couple of days ago, he made a trip to Kuala Lumpur, and of course, a catching up session was in place. We had dinner at Papa John’s at Times Square which was newly opened a few months back. I was craving for Italian food, and you can partly blame this on my Perth-emo moments. Papa John's was situated just next to Krispy Kreme and we opted to sit at the outdoor area where we can savour the fresh KL air. You know how fresh KL air is right?

*click* image to see its awesomeness

*click* image to see its awesomeness


We were ushered to our seats, and so we started our catching up session while waiting for the menu. On normal occasions, I would have expected the menu to be provided upon seating. It was already 15 minutes and we still have not had our menu yet, so I requested for the menu from one of the not-so-busy looking waiters. And so we waited and waited and another 15 minutes have gone by, and still no menu !! This was just unacceptable, 30 minutes in a restaurant, just waiting for the menu !!

I stormed to the more higher-ranked looking staff (different dress code, assuming he could be the supervisor or manager) and voiced up my displeased thoughts. Shortly the menu came, along with repeated apologies. They said that they were shorthanded for that night. Yes, shorthanded, but I think you will only need less than 10 seconds to grab a few sets of menu and pass it along to us. We had our orders so freaking late, now we know they were shorthanded, and we had to wait for God knows how long for the food to arrive. What a dining experience.

*click* image to see its awesomeness

*click* image to see its awesomeness


The food came of course, and thankfully, the food was good. I liked their Spaghetti Alfredo very much. The pizza we ordered, some chicken Papa was quite good too, with generous amount of cheese and toppings. Oh and I also liked their breadstick, which was really crunchy from the outside and soft from the inside, being dipped into the Bolognese sauce. I would have given the place a really high rating considering the quality of their food, but I have to say they need to seriously work on their services. You do not leave your newly arrived patrons unattended for 30 minutes. That was, not cool. For crying out loud, even any simple kopitiam knows this rule !!

I envied Frankie’s holiday, he has got almost everything planned out so nicely. His trip included visits to Seremban and Malacca, and you know what? Hectic may his schedule be, but he managed to squeeze in plenty of sleeping hours. Not fair. I wonder when can I have some time off and just not worry about anything for that short period of time. These days I have been working on weekends which did not leave me with much of my own free time at all. Not that I fret about work, but I do treasure time to myself.

*click* image to see its awesomeness



It was really nice catching up with Frankie, and getting to know his friend Lee better. Gosh, that particular night made me go crazy about Italian food !! I deeply miss my Spaghetti Carbonara from Tiamo…

12 comments:

  1. robin...thank u very much for the wonderful time n meal...

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh... bro, next time when i am in town, please bring me there. the pizza looks..... *drool*

    ReplyDelete
  3. How's the pizza?

    I've been looking for restaurants that serve good pizzas. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey funkye,
    glad u had a great time in KL !! U should come more often ahahha..

    hey louis,
    sure thing !! Lemme know when u are in town.

    Hey Chong,
    It was hell better than Pizza Hut. I have only tried one flavour, gotta try other crusts and toppings then I can tell you what I really think. But so far so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey u know whats the best pizza? broadway pizzaaaaaaaaaaa! meat lovers!

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  6. me wanna try.. must... pwn them! LOL!
    sinful though.. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wana go too! I'll be in KL most probably August 15-17. Or sometime there. For my convo. Calvin may be going too. Hehehe, maybe Louis is also going. Meet up?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey marcus,
    Damned true mate. Nothing beats meat lovers from broadway !!

    hey allen,
    come come KL again !!! we go pwn the.

    Hey M,
    OMG yes yes !! Lets meet up !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yupes, santa louis is coming to town in Aug. :P for my sis' convo (which also happens to be M's convo too)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey louis,
    I see. I believe that weekend there is KLPF also... you might want to check that out dude.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds good to me. i will be bunking at my fren's on the first nite then join my family at one of the hotels. will let u know when i come to town.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey louis,
    sure thing, just lemme know when the time comes !!

    ReplyDelete