Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sudden Fashion Show


I woke up to a bright weekend morning, and as I was browsing through my recent blog entries, I find that there is one constant element missing these days: chicks. The previous time I went fashion show frenzy was in April, during the KL fashion week when all the major shopping malls participated in hosting fashion shows to promote the spring summer fashion.

That was.. centuries ago !!

*click* image to see its awesomeness

*click* image to see its awesomeness

*click* image to see its awesomeness

*click* image to see its awesomeness



I initially planned to go spider hunting, or anything bugs related so I could make use of my beloved macro lens. As I was already out of the house, towards the direction for macro adventure, I decided to make a change of plans and randonly pick a shopping mall. My instinct told me that there should be a fashion show happening somewhere out there, and though i did not come up with positive response through my online research, i still trusted my guts and ventured to Pavilion. On the other hand, I have not done much walking around in any malls lately, which I used to do to empty my mind off some useless junk as I wander aimlessly.

*click* image to see its awesomeness

*click* image to see its awesomeness

*click* image to see its awesomeness

*click* image to see its awesomeness



I arrived at Pavilion around noon, and much to my dismay I discovered the only event happening there was some Indonesia Tourism Festival. Therefore, I decided to take the escalator up to the shopping lots, but I was frozen in tracks when I heard the announcer mentioned: "Do not go away, our next activity coming up would be the Indonesian Cultural Fashion Show!!" There and then, I think I got the huge W.T.F. sign popping out of my head. Seriously, what are the chances, I wanted the fashion show and it happened, at the right place and the right time !!

Much luck, no?

*click* image to see its awesomeness

*click* image to see its awesomeness

*click* image to see its awesomeness



The fashion show this time was not a grand one, but it was executed very professionally, and the show managed to spiced up the otherwise very dead environment of the whole festival. During the intervals of the shows, there were slots of cultural dance performance from native Indonesia, and the crowd was immensely entertained !! The traditional costumes looked great, and the dances were superb. Back to the fashion bit, there was nothing much to shout about really, but I dare say I found a few of the models very pretty.

*click* image to see its awesomeness

*click* image to see its awesomeness

*click* image to see its awesomeness



All shots in this entry were performed with an external flash unit. I was quite pleased with the skin tone results, and the highlights were properly controlled this time. I did not arrive early, hence I did not secure very good location to shoot from. Therefore, the background appeared to be very cluttered and messy. That aside, I still quite like this session, and the models seem to "glow" in a certain quality.

*click* image to see its awesomeness

*click* image to see its awesomeness

*click* image to see its awesomeness




Indonesia does seem like a nice place to visit. Oh well, I have got to save up a bit, there are so many places I want to travel too. Perth is on the top of my priority now, and as soon as the unexpectedly traumatizing H1N1 clears up, and having enough cash in hand, I might actually start spreading out my wings again.

As for now, I cannot fly too far. The broken wings are mending, but they are getting better and better, day by day.

8 comments:

  1. i think your blog is lacking camwhoring and photos of perth! LOL let's store up our purchasing power so when this whole h1n1 is over we can blow it all on perth together robin! we must must make it happen ok?

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey marcus,
    LOL... true.. I have not taken any picture of perth with my OLLIE !!!! OMGGG MUST GO THERE MUST GO PERTH MUST MUST MUST

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg so true! your ollie has not been used in perth yet! we cannot allow that can we?

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey marcus,
    so true !! garrhhh... im afraid my trip to perth will be a more photography based trip though LOLLLL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, that's called luck.

    But as your shots, it's called 1337 skillz!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey chong,
    ahaha thanks dude. But come to think of it, if there was no luck to begin with, then there were no shots at all !! they all work in the same circle. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Broken wings are mending".. sounds like you're broken hearted pula..

    But yeah, i think if you are talking about girls here, I personally like the one with her hair tied and pulled to the back in this post. The 3rd photo I think.

    -cyrildason.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey cdason,
    ahaha yeah heart broken is one of the many things that clipped my wings.
    Yeap, that 3rd pic girl is quite pretty !!

    ReplyDelete