Sunday, May 03, 2009

Krispy Kreme @ Times Square, KL


I know I have quite a number of pending entries from my Kuching adventures awaiting to be shared with you beautiful guys out there, most notably the fashion shows at the Spring and my visit to Jong's Crocodile Farm, but I have just got to slot this particular entry in somehow !! I have been away from KL for a week, and when I returned, I found out that the mother of all donuts, Krispy Kreme has been opened !!

*click* image to see its awesomeness



I was doing my usual directionless strolling around the city area and chanced upon the Krispy Kreme at Times Square. At first I thought it was not exactly opened yet since the place did not seem crowded from the outside. But there were people inside, so I just entered, and much to my surprise, it was already opened for business. I thought the line would have been crazy, like what happened when Big Apple and Donuts opened in the Spring, Kuching, but probably it was more of my luck or something, hence I took the opportunity to get myself half a dozen of those lovely donuts. So much of watching the sugar intake, blerrghh !!

*click* image to see its awesomeness

*click* image to see its awesomeness

*click* image to see its awesomeness



This was not my first encounter with Krispy Kreme. Though we did not have it in Perth, but often friends returning from Melbourne would brought home Krispy Kreme donuts as souvenirs. Everyone loved it, no one has ever come to me and said otherwise. My encounter was more than a year ago, and I could not exactly recall the taste. Nevertheless, I did remember I was "wow"ed by what only donuts could do.

The line was not very long, and I needed not to wait for more than a couple of minutes to the front of counter, and made my selection of donuts. Like usual, I would select the sweetest of the bunch, anything to do with nuts and chocolate would make it to my list.

*click* image to see its awesomeness

*click* image to see its awesomeness

*click* image to see its awesomeness



Probably I was just too tired having just returned from Kuching the evening before, and finished my lunch an hour or so earlier, the donuts somehow did not manage to "wow" me. It was good though, do not get me wrong, just not keeping me digging for more. Nevertheless, this should not be anything conclusive coming from me, considering the fact that I was not a donut fan to begin with. I do think they were pretty nice, maybe I should go for it again with emptier stomach and better appetite next time. After all it is conveniently located at Times Square, would have been the perfect place to chill out with a glass of drink.

*click* image to see its awesomeness

*click* image to see its awesomeness



Any of you have tried the newly opened Krispy Kreme in KL yet?

Do tell !!