Saturday, May 16, 2009

Bloggers @ Bing!


Considering all things moody and depressing, I did find everything turning out unexpectedly smooth and easy recently. Sure, the funeral and other major issues have been taken care of, but knowing me all this time, I never go away without a complaint or two.

I guess, it was at times like this when family, relatives and friends from God knows where would all pop out of nowhere and flock together before, during and after the funeral. There are people that I meet only once a year, some I have last seen a decade or more ago, and worse still, a few that I do not think I have seen each other before, for instance, my dad's childhood friends. It was refreshing seeing that people do pay their last respect to my father, but having only me and mum just could not cut the numbers out properly !!

*click* image to see its awesomeness


*click* image to see its awesomeness

*click* image to see its awesomeness



I find myself entertaining people from different generations, people that I do not know, and speak of alien tongues which do not exist in my language menu listings. It was hard enough smiling to people whom you do not know that well, or do not know at all, but it was even more tormenting to impossibly dig out something for the sake of "being polite" and tying not to be the ignorant, and self-contained kid who would not converse with people who have the heart to come visit the funeral. It sucked out every single drop of energy off my body completely dry, and at the end of these days, I could just lie down on my bed and wish I could stay that way motionless and thoughtless forever.

Owh, and there were also those vultures and devils that we wish we could do the funeral without. Those foul mouths, sometimes I could just grab the coffin nails and pin it in their eyes instead.

*click* image to see its awesomeness


*click* image to see its awesomeness


*click* image to see its awesomeness




I may have sounded like it was a huge pain to do what I had to do for the past few days, but it was already over, and I am truly glad and proud of the way I handled things. This, called for a time out.

I was chatting with Frankie online, and he told me that he would be free one fine night. I suggested a quick meet-up with him and other bloggers. As eficient as Frankie always is, he made some quick calls and organized a full on gathering session at Bing! Padungan, the place where we had our first few Kuching blogger gatherings a couple of years ago. Yes I am old, I admit it.

*click* image to see its awesomeness


*click* image to see its awesomeness


*click* image to see its awesomeness



The previous week I was home in Kuching, I did not find some really important bloggers, such as Georgette and Ann. This time, since I was back in Kuching again I took the opportunity to make amends with those two awesome bloggers. It was nice seeing them again, and finding out what happens in their lives. I felt really terribly not making time to look for them previously, but of course, I usually would try all I can to patch things up.

It was a night I just needed to get things off my mind a little. Seeing friendly and smiley faces were really helping me a great deal in such difficult times. Encouraging and supportive words come flowing from genuine caring people, some that I have known for years, and I gathered bit by bit the strength that I can find in those people to walk on. And I am making real good progress.

*click* image to see its awesomeness


*click* image to see its awesomeness


*click* image to see its awesomeness



The pictures do not come out as satisfactorily as I have hoped for, but I guess I should not complain, considering the very little ambient light provided in the setting. Flash was bounced off the side wall, which was not helping much in maintaining an even exposure. On the other hand, the side bounce somehow added depth and 3-dimensional look to the people, having shadow forming from one direction. A ceiling bounce would have been preferable but it was painted black !!

So yeah, to all who made it to the gathering, I give you all thanks !! I really needed to be around with people that I do actually know. And this little getaway was just what I needed to remind myself of who I am, and put me right back on track with life.

Bloggers List (in random order):

1) Robin
2) Frankie
3) Ann and Jee
4) Georgette
5) M-senses
6) Calvin
7) Brandon Eu
8) Mike Cheng
9) Allen

Cheers guys !!

6 comments:

  1. wow.. same place same bloggers... lol. why not different bing? haha.. good to see that you're alright already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey chun chow,
    nostalgic mar ahhaha..
    yeh im ok no worries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you're doing something to get off your mind of things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey melanie,
    ahahaha yeah, gotta get moving on somehow, no?

    ReplyDelete
  5. robin..im glad to meet u again.
    thanks for the pics....
    hope to see u again soon.
    take good care.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey frankie,
    yeah really nice to see you again too !!

    ReplyDelete