Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spring Summer?


It has been quite a rough week for me, so many things happened in such short duration of time, and I guess I feel pretty drained physically and emotionally now. I do not remember when was the last time I felt this tired before, and every inch of my body screams sleep sleep sleep and sleep only.

BALLOON???

*click* image to see its awesomeness




MELON HEAD

*click* image to see its awesomeness




GREEN APPLE

*click* image to see its awesomeness



Hence I got off work early today, planned to just head home, take an exceptionally lengthy warm shower scrubbing and scrubbing myself off and not much later after that I imagine myself drinking something warm and hit the oh-so-inviting bed. As I just got into my room, I received a text from Allen, a fellow friend and kaki-photog who came all the way from Kuching and sought for my companionship for the night. Sometimes, all it takes to forget everything else, is to hang out with a friend. And better, while at it, throw some photography work into it too.

BLACK AND WHITE for SPRING/SUMMER

*click* image to see its awesomeness



SHADES OF GREY

*click* image to see its awesomeness



*click* image to see its awesomeness



*click* image to see its awesomeness



*click* image to see its awesomeness



*click* image to see its awesomeness



I took a quick shower instead, and readied my equipments, rushing to Sungai Wang to join Allen in shooting one of the most unconventional fashion shows I have come across. It was one part of the Spring Summer fashion event of some sort. This was the showcase of some make-up arts presented in a fashion show runway style. Therefore, the outfit/apparels were not the main concern here, but the attention was mainly concentrated on the styling of make-up solely. Nevertheless, to complement the theme of Spring and Summer, and the make-up styles being performed there, I have to say that the choice of costumes seem a bit, interesting to say the least.

TEDDY EMO

*click* image to see its awesomeness



CELLOTAPE???

*click* image to see its awesomeness



STEEL CAGE

*click* image to see its awesomeness





Though I have temporarily forgotten the miseries I was put through, but I cannot ignore the fact that my body was not at its best, hence I was shooting under a semi-lethargic mode. I knew I have gotten some of the exposures wrong, and I knew it was because of the center-weighted metering that averaged the dark area too much, and I knew that using spot metering could solve the problem, but I was too lazy to even push that shortcut metering option button. Yes that was how lazy I was, and I did not expect much from this session anyway.

The lighting, though bright enough to cover the stage, was overwhelming with harshness and unevenness. Using flash could mitigate this problem, but then again I was not in my usual hardworking self.

THE HOSTESS

*click* image to see its awesomeness




THE GROUPS

*click* image to see its awesomeness




THE MAKE-UP ARTISTS

*click* image to see its awesomeness




THE MAKE-UP TOP WINNERS

*click* image to see its awesomeness




Note: Somehow they were looking at me and Allen for this shot. gosh that guy is cute

THE JOY

*click* image to see its awesomeness



Note: I like this picture better, portraying strong genuine sense of contentment.


The outcome of the pictures may not be what I had hoped to be, but I did enjoy myself there tremendously. It was a good start of the weekend, throwing everything previously away, and just concentrate on doing something that I do love to do. And shooting together with a friend, sharing jokes and exchanging opinions and laughters was something refreshing. I have been shooting alone for too long I think, and having people around me these days would do me good.

After the event, we had a quick bite at Wendy's, Times Square. It was Allen's first time there. I think he liked it.

ALLEN from www.allenang.com/blog



WENDY's

*click* image to see its awesomeness



*click* image to see its awesomeness




This weekend is going to be swamped with Fashion Shows. I just hope the ones I am attending would be more than just the ordinary ones I have been going to for the past year. Something different, or grander is always welcome.

Now, please allow me to tend to my needful rest.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely fashion show!... so extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey neo,
    thanks !! "extraordinary" indeed

    ReplyDelete
  3. if the Joker (in Batman) has a girlfriend, she would look like any one of those models.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You suck, Robin4/18/2009 03:55:00 PM

    Horrendous! I swear the girls will never ever want to put on such make up on a date. The hostess looks like a dead fish with not enough sleep. I would probably fall asleep by just looking at her face.

    I shall remain anonymous, just in case someone decides to flame me. LOL.

    My name should pretty much tell you who am I. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow it is truly unusual! some of the models look scary!

    looking forward to your upcoming entries on future fashion shows!

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey ian,
    nah, i think joker's taste would be much more sophisticated and more fun looking than this.

    hey marcus,
    ahahaa thanks !! and scary indeed. Will be posting the fashion shows up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey anonymous-who-called-me-suck,
    You do realize i can expose your identity anytime i choose.
    Well darling, what you can't see and appreciate does not give you the right to make it into something despicable. This applies to a lot of things other than this fashion show too, u know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The beef patty looks rather flat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey chong,
    but its still a quarter pound worth of beef !

    ReplyDelete