Monday, April 20, 2009

Mid Valley Fashion Week: Padini


I have started my shooting spree on Fashion Shows, which happened continuously at both places back to back at Mid Valley and the Gardens over the weekend. I spent the entire afternoon till late evening on both days trying to cover as much as I could.

*click* image to see its awesomeness



*click* image to see its awesomeness



*click* image to see its awesomeness




*click* image to see its awesomeness





Little did I know my limited memory, and single charged battery cells (each day) on camera could last me through all the sessions without even showing signs on weakening !! That was more than 800 shots per day, covering 5-6 sessions one day, averaging 150 shots per session, and I guess I should be getting easy on the battery or else it would really give up on me soon. On the plus side of things, I know I could shoot events for over 600 shots comfortably now.

*click* image to see its awesomeness



*click* image to see its awesomeness



*click* image to see its awesomeness



*click* image to see its awesomeness



*click* image to see its awesomeness



*click* image to see its awesomeness



*click* image to see its awesomeness



I have covered three Fashion Shows out of the seven listed for the entire day at Mid Valley on Saturday, and the first one I managed to catch at 3pm was by Padini. This particular session sports a very toned down, casual wears that screams spring and summer fashion. Oddly, the theme of the fashion week at Mid Valley has nothing to do with spring or summer.

Nevertheless, the catwalk down the runway was performed in a rather informal, yet fun and more relaxing manner where smiles and laughing expressions can be evidently shown on the models as opposed to the boringly emotionless facial tones on ordinary days.

Something cheerful and bright are always good, no?

*click* image to see its awesomeness



*click* image to see its awesomeness



*click* image to see its awesomeness



I know I have an external flash unit now, but somehow looking at the brightly lit stage I have decided not to use it for the whole of Saturday. I thought that I could do better with the natural lighting conditions. Somehow, the next day I pushed myself to plant that flash unit on my camera and give it a try. My oh my, little did I expect the results was seriously improved beyond my expectations !! Yes, in summary the flash unit, though an extremely budget and low end model was somehow performing well better than I thought it would. More details on this as I move along to the Sunday fashion shows. For this entry, no flash was used.

*click* image to see its awesomeness



*click* image to see its awesomeness



*click* image to see its awesomeness



*click* image to see its awesomeness



*click* image to see its awesomeness




I met Fattien and his merry gang on this particular day, and tagged them along for shooting for almost all sessions. I think I had never done any photography shooting as rigurous as this one, and at the end of the day I got home with aches all over my body and felt extremely exhausted. So much for weekends for relaxing and recharging the biological battery before work starts the following week. I think I just drained even more juice out of my system. Nevertheless, it was not that often the fashion shows of such grand scale was being organized and presented free to the public, hence summing everything up, I would say it was time and effort well spent.

*click* image to see its awesomeness



*click* image to see its awesomeness



*click* image to see its awesomeness




I shall have my comments on the pictures in the following entries. Do take note that from now on, the entries will all be filled with fashion shows only. I hope this would not affect your reading pleasure in any way, but fashion shows have become something that I grow to love. There is just something about the loud music pumping and gorgeously sexy models walking down with style down the runway, showing off their beauty. It gets my heart beating faster, and I felt the pure rush. It feels even better when the shots (only some of them lah, many still need lots of work) come out really beautiful. Thus, I really feel the need to blog and share this experience here.

More fashion stuff coming up. Do say something if you see anything you like or dislike in the photos !!

12 comments:

  1. Did you manage to steal 'anything' for me as per my request?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey chong,
    but i was so sweet and innocent !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Zeus. Dewd you posted really fast man... Plus you complained you were tired yesterday XD.

    PS... Lovely cleavage shots XD My friends couldn't shoot in Mid as they didn't manage to get good places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey eugene,
    LOL !! oii.. zues is a dwarf in dota lah ahahah...
    yeah, i have had the pictures ready on saturday nite, hence not much effort was needed to do this entry on sunday nite, but yeah i was flat tired. Gosh...
    eh u should be shooting with us lahh...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg! Padini Aesthetics.. one of my favorite brand tho never bought one before LOL..

    Cant wait for your flashed photo as you said they are better than these all @@

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey miao,
    soon, soon, i will post it up ahahaha...
    wait till mega sales then go sapu those cloths. im sure they have good discounts

    ReplyDelete
  7. shutter god! :D lol!
    zues!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey allen,
    wtf no not u too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow,... out of this world! Love the slight cleavage! Tell me what sort of settings u used?

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey neo,
    thanks, the exif is stated below the enlarged view, click the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. these batch were much better. At least.. they smile in front of the camera :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey shinky,
    but the models arent supposed to be smiling in a real professional catwalk. Nevertheless, this one was rather casual LOL

    ReplyDelete