Saturday, March 28, 2009

DCIM 2009: Day 1


So I have locked myself in my room over a week for the fear of the God forsaken chicken pox which the doctor thought I had. The blisters/lesions that define chicken pox never showed up, hence I paid another visit to the doctor on Thursday. Surprise, surprise, it was not chicken pox at all, and this time, the doctor said I am having measles, which explains the rash all over my body.

I do not know what to believe anymore. But the important thing is, the fever is completely gone, so are the muscle and joint pains. I feel completely ok now, save the minor fading rashes that would find their way off soon enough. Everything seems normal, and the only problem that has been plaguing me till now was sort of a "cabin fever" !!!

I could not stand grounding myself inside my room for so many days consecutively, I think I almost went insane. Since my signs of recovery was soundly steady and rapid, I ought to reward myself after all those tortures I went through.

*click* image to see its awesomeness



*click* image to see its awesomeness



*click* image to see its awesomeness




This weekend at Mid Valley Convention Center, the Velocity Media and Digital Camera Magazie Malaysia jointly organized a rather huge photography event, DCIM 2009 (Digital Camera, Imaging and Media). I broke out of my room and ventured to Mid Valley to see what the hoo haas were all about. Not to my surprise, the layout of the event was similar to what you would expect from KLPF (Kuala Lumpur Photography Festival), with camera giants and accesories manufacturers coming together to showcase the latest products to the public.

Interestingly, Sony and Olympus did not turn up in the event. Now we should start to wonder what happened.

The highlight of the event was none other than the Velocity Angel Search 2009. The first round of showdown featured the 12 model contestant finalists, doing quite a lengthy catwalks and posing on stage for the public. By saying the public, I actually mean photographers, since 99% of the people surrounding the stage held at least one freaking DSLR with humongous lenses. The event was after all, a photography event. Photographers making up the audience number somehow cut down the cheering and applauding rate. Everyone was just too busy getting that shot of that pose !!

*click* image to see its awesomeness



*click* image to see its awesomeness



*click* image to see its awesomeness



What do I honestly think of the models? Most of them, too skinny. Gosh, you should see how THIN they were. It does not seem healthy at all bearing just skins and bones. I know being skinny has its advantages, creating an overall taller profile which is desirable for modelling, but I just could not stand seeing models soooooo skinny. God knows what they have been eating !!! I do not know you guys, but I am not one for skin and bones.

There are many familiar faces that have been around, if you care enough to dig my previous fashion encounters plastered all over this blog not too long ago.

*click* image to see its awesomeness



*click* image to see its awesomeness



*click* image to see its awesomeness



*click* image to see its awesomeness



I do feel that my pictures do not do justice to convey the beauty of the contestants. Blame it on the lousy location I was standing on, and I was there almost an hour early to secure that spot. When I arrived, there were more than a dozen other photographers standing by already. I was blocked by two photographers in front of me, hence the absence of full body shots. I find half body and upper body shots worked well from where I was shooting from, thus I attacked those shots and I did them most.

I refrained myself from using the flash. Part of me felt that the lighting provided was bright enough, and filling in flash would just kill the mood if not executed properly.

So you guys think that this is the end? I do intend to camp there for the following two events on Saturday and Sunday respectively. And maybe I can capture better shots these times.

*click* image to see its awesomeness



*click* image to see its awesomeness



*click* image to see its awesomeness



And if any of you happen to pass by Mid Valley or having a look-see at the DCIM, do give me a holla !! I will be floating around. I would definitely love to see some nice faces after being trapped in my room for God knows how long. Some human interactions would do me some good.

Thats all for now, but I will be back with MORE pictures.

7 comments:

  1. More more more..!
    owning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was there on Friday mid morning. Spent less than 10 mins and I left coz I found nothing interesting about it. And layout was pretty horrible/messy, if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey chong,
    theres actually less stuff to explore compared to KLPF, and yeah was there primarily for the velocity angels ahahah..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!
    All so hot and juicy~! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey shinky,
    you should be shooting them with your LX3 man !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. TOKO PUSAT /ASIA ELETRONIK
    MenawarKan Produk asli dan bergaransi :
    Harga Promo Stok barang terbatas Brng Bisa Nego Buruaaann
    ALAMAT TOKO.Jl.Kh.Hasim Asarhi no.125 sentral jkarta10150.
    HP. PIN BB:24C19401
    HUB:0853-2822-2842
    Hasyim Ashari Jakarta Pusat
    Kami Melayani pengiriman di seluruh indonesia melalui via TIKI/JNE

    Kamera DSLR CANON EOS 1100D Kit
    APS-C Digital SLR, 12.2 Megapixel, LiveView, 2.7″ TFT LCD, SD/SDHC Card Slot, include EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
    Harga Rp. 2.200.000
    Kamera DSLR CANON EOS 500D Body
    APS-C Digital SLR, 15.1 Megapixel, LiveView, Full HD 1080, SD/SDHC Card Slot, 3.0″ TFT LCD, Body Only
    Harga Rp. 2.559.000
    Kamera DSLR CANON EOS 550D Body
    APS-C Digital SLR, 18.7 Megapixel, LiveView, Full HD 1080, SD/ SDHC/ SDXC Card Slot, 3.0″ TFT LCD, Body Only
    Harga Rp. 2.700.000

    Kamera DSLR CANON EOS 550D Kit1
    APS-C Digital SLR, 18.7 Megapixel, LiveView, Full HD 1080, SD/ SDHC/ SDXC Card Slot, 3.0″ TFT LCD, include EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
    Harga Rp. 2.964.000
    Kamera DSLR CANON EOS 600D Body
    APS-C Digital SLR, 18 Megapixel, LiveView, Full HD 1080, SD/SDHC Card Slot, 3.0″ TFT LCD, Body Only
    Harga Rp. 3.087.000
    Kamera DSLR CANON EOS 600D Kit1
    APS-C Digital SLR, 18 Megapixel, LiveView, Full HD 1080, SD/SDHC Card Slot, 3.0″ TFT LCD with EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 II IS
    Harga Rp. 3.300.000
    Kamera DSLR CANON EOS 550D Kit2
    APS-C Digital SLR, 18.7 Megapixel, LiveView, Full HD 1080, SD/ SDHC/ SDXC Card Slot, 3.0″ TFT LCD, include EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
    Harga Rp. 3.750.000
    Kamera DSLR CANON EOS 60D Body
    APS-C Digital SLR, 18.0 Megapixel, 3.0″ TFT Vari-angle LCD, SD/SDHC Card Slot, Body Only
    Harga Rp. 3.828.000
    Kamera DSLR CANON EOS 60D Kit1
    APS-C Digital SLR, 18.0 Megapixel, 3.0″ TFT Vari-angle LCD, SD/SDHC Card Slot, include EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
    Harga Rp. 4.239.000
    Kamera DSLR CANON EOS 600D Kit2
    APS-C Digital SLR, 18 Megapixel, LiveView, Full HD 1080, SD/SDHC Card Slot, 3.0″ TFT LCD, with EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS
    Harga Rp. 4.323.000
    Kamera DSLR CANON EOS 60D Kit2
    APS-C Digital SLR, 18.0 Megapixel, 3.0″ TFT Vari-angle LCD, SD/SDHC Card Slot, include EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
    Harga Rp. 4.500.000
    Kamera DSLR CANON EOS 60D Kit3
    APS-C Digital SLR, 18.0 Megapixel, 3.0″ TFT Vari-angle LCD, SD/SDHC Card Slot, include EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
    Harga Rp. 6.210.000
    Kamera DSLR CANON EOS 7D Body
    APS-C Digital SLR, 18.7 Megapixel, LiveView, Full HD 1080, CF Card Slot, 3.0″ TFT LCD, Body Only
    Harga Rp. 6.750.000
    Kamera DSLR CANON EOS 7D Kit1
    APS-C Digital SLR, 18.7 Megapixel, LiveView, Full HD 1080, CF Card Slot, 3.0″ TFT LCD, include EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
    Harga Rp. 7.514.000
    Kamera DSLR CANON EOS 5D Mark II Body
    Full Frame Digital SLR, 21.1 Megapixel, LiveView, Full HD 1080, CF Card Slot, 3.0″ TFT LCD, Body Only
    Harga Rp. 8.508.000
    Kamera DSLR CANON EOS 7D Kit2
    APS-C Digital SLR, 18.7 Megapixel, LiveView, Full HD 1080, CF Card Slot, 3.0″ TFT LCD, include EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
    Harga Rp. 8.709.000
    Kamera DSLR CANON EOS 5D Mark II Kit
    Full Frame Digital SLR, 21.1 Megapixel, LiveView, Full HD 1080, CF Card Slot, 3.0″ TFT LCD, include EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
    Harga Rp. 13.319.000
    Kamera DSLR CANON 5D Mark III Body
    Full Frame Digital SLR, 22.3 Megapixels, LiveView, Full HD 1080, CF Card Slot, 3.2″ TFT Color LCD
    Harga Rp. 11.097.000
    Kamera DSLR CANON EOS 5D Mark III KIT
    Full Frame Digital SLR, 22.3 Megapixels, LiveView, Full HD 1080, CF Card Slot, 3.2″ TFT Color LCD, Include EF 24-105L IS USM
    Harga Rp. 17.000.000
    Kamera DSLR CANON EOS 1Ds Mark III Body
    Full Frame Digital SLR, 21.1 Megapixel, LiveView, CF Card Slot, 3.0″ TFT LCD, Body Only
    Harga Rp. 29.250.000

    ReplyDelete