Thursday, February 26, 2009

Bend It All


The photos taken in this entry are dated back as far as... half a year ago. It was during the previous Matta Fair at PWTC, almost the same time I have just got my E-520. There were various stage performances, and one of the most breath-stopping was none other than this particular ballet/gymnastic demonstration done by very young dancers. They were from Genting group of performers and it was a rare opportunity for me to get this close to them and fire away my camera freely.

*click* image to see its awesomeness


*click* image to see its awesomeness


*click* image to see its awesomeness



Obviously I did not have a flash unit back then, thus all shots were performed without aid of additional lighting. Nevertheless, I find the color (original) shots to be very unsatisfactory, mainly due to the contrasting and distracting bright red background. Eliminating the colour was the only way to truly bring out the focus on the two performers. Thus, I converted them to sepia (a form of black and white, but with a hint of warmth) and boosted up the contrast and exposure levels to give the simplistic yet strong feeling out of the frame. I want their bright suits (man, super tight too) to stand out from the background.

*click* image to see its awesomeness


*click* image to see its awesomeness


*click* image to see its awesomeness




I have got to love my tele lens. The pictures were mostly taken with full zoom at 150mm, and even so the sharpness stayed faithful. I could not ask more for a budget lens.

*click* image to see its awesomeness



Note: Grains were intended to enhance the "classic" feel.

Alright, do cut me some slack for updating on the fly. Will resume my normal tone of blogging once I get this mind of mine sorted out.

4 comments:

  1. ahh.. bent and split..
    haha.. ahem..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey robin, what happen to the old flash unit now? no news from you and CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kiki,
    It died. Full Stop.

    ReplyDelete