Sunday, December 07, 2008

Christmas Fashion Show @ Mid Valley


It was quite an interesting day as I was finally able to have the chance to catch up with two of my old mates, Hak Jeng who is currently working in KL and Jason Lau, who just came back from Melbourne for a long holiday recently. I have not met both of them possibly for almost two years now thanks to me skipping Chinese New Year 2008. I felt a little guilty though, I should have made some time to look for Hak Jeng, but yeah, I guess I was just trapped in my own miserable world. It was great seeing both of those wonderful people again, and to find out whats happening in everyone's lives. And I was glad to find out everyone was doing good.







As we were eating walking and chatting our ways at Mid Valley, we came across a fashion show happening right at the Center Court stage set up with Christmas Decorations. Right on the spot, I whipped out my Ollie, and barged as front as I could into the crowd and started snapping away merrily. It was rather an interesting sight, there were so many other photographers around that time, and even the crowd was flooding with passing by shoppers curious enough to check out the event there.






At the first glance, the stage area was fully decorated with Christmas theme, and all the clutters do not exactly compliment the models very well in shooting conditions, eg too much distractions. It was hard enough to isolate the models from the distracting backgrounds, but somehow, after viewing the results, I do say that the backdrop provided a Christmas-sy feel, warm and fuzzy tone to the whole batch of photos. And the twinkling lights added holiday mood. In the end, I do think they come out quite alright !! Though I would have, like usual prefer plain and simpler background to work with fashion shootings to bring out the focus.





After covering fashion shows after fashion shows over the past months, I have come to recognize some of the models from my previous encounters. It is good to be able to find the familiar faces, and it just starts to show that I am becoming a regular already. Well, it was not like I planned for this session anyway, I kind of bumped into the event and I happened to bring my gears along. So why not snap a few pictures and share it with you lovely people out there right? It does seem somehow that I was deliberately taking pictures of girls from time to time, but honestly they just sort of, well, happened !!!





The stage lighting, like usual was a nightmare to work with. No spot lights on the models, just a faint limelight following the models around, casting very uneven shadows all over the body and face. Not helping me at all, especially when I am not having an external flash unit at the moment. I was shooting at high ISO, and the noise has become an issue like usual. I have set the white balance to a warmer feel, to emphasize on the season mood. I mean, come on, a perfectly white-balanced shot is getting really boring !!! Adding a little cast would create an entirely different atmosphere I would say.

Alright guys, so here you are, another regular dosage of girls for your eyes to feast on.

12 comments:

  1. i wonder if they recognise u too as a regular in the front row with your ollie!

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey marcus,
    I doubt they do, ahahahaha, if they did, they would give me some eye contact !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are just playing hard to get! LOL

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! When was this? I was there last Sunday. But din't see it at all..

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey shinky,
    yeah it was on saturday and sunday, i was there sunday afternoon. You did not walk pass the center court?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I passed by But alot of people taking photos of themselves there... Lolx.. No models or super models walking by...

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey shinky,
    the fashion shows were at 1pm, 3pm, 5pm and 7pm.. ahahahah... u must have been really lucky to miss all of them !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah I sure damn lucky. Even when I bought Toto Mega also not that lucky lolx!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey shinky,
    ahahaha man i wish can win toto too, very poor these days...
    well, dun worry mate, the fashion show isnt that grand anyway, there were better ones out there. Nothing that special about this one so yeah, no regrets.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the 2nd pic !! Can see tons of people from her sunny

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey ahlost,
    ahahha of all the things you only see the sunny LOL...
    yalor that day so many people ah... mega sales... and christmas month.. crazy time in KL shopping places.

    ReplyDelete