Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Night Lights


During the recent Raya holidays, obviously I took advantage of the extra time I had in hands for a few rounds of trigger happy moments. I have been wanting to do night shoots, capturing the glorious sparkling lights of the city lights. I guess I do not feel that keen on venturing out at the dark hours, walking around with my Ollie, after what had happened to me not too long ago. I have to always, always tell myself the world is cruel, and has never been really a safe place to live in. There are vultures out there who can just take away anything from you, anytime. Being careful has been enough to be safe.

KLCC TOWERS @ NIGHT

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us




Good thing I have come to know Chong, who was also craving for a few dosage of night shoothing. Armed with our cameras, tripods, we travelled to Titiwangsa Lake, and KLCC itself to snap a few cool shots of this giant KL city. Do head over to Chong's blog and check out the photos he has taken, I believe they were pretty awesome !!

FROM A DISTANCE

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us




I have always been a fan of night landscape/scenes, but unfortunately, have not had that much shooting sessions on this particular session yet. And obviously, nowhere near that good either. Nevertheless, the fun factor has always been there, and every single time I did night shooting, the feeling of actually being there watching the lights being gathered into the camera, and viewing the captured lights in the output photos are just spectacularly amazing. The mood and emotion of the dark sky added immense depth into the pictures, bringing the warmth out from the lights.

TWO TOWERS

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



Note: No matter how I try to compose I could not manage to fit everything into one frame. Darn, I do need the Ultra Wide Angle lens for serious landscape shooting, no kidding.

Somehow I am getting the feeling that those pictures were lacking something. composition wise I do believe they could have been taken from better angles. Nevertheless, I shall be more ruthlessly daring in exploring different options and alternatives when it comes to landscape composition. It has been my greatest interest to shoot landscape/scenery be it night and day, but ironically it is also my worse performance in the mentioned category. There will be a next time, and there I will see what I can do to fix the shots in future encounters.

KL TOWER

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



From where the windows in the room of the apartment where I am staying now, I could see the KLCC, though it seems really tiny, being viewed from such a far distance.

Somehow, I am starting to see the beauty of this giant city already. Will I ever fall in love to this new place? Lets just take one step at a time, and cross the bridge when we come to it.

16 comments:

  1. Hey allen,
    Wtf LOL... i only get like average a couple of comments... ahahhaaa being 1st matters meh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i'm being so cruel... u kno what you need robin ! 7-14 7-14 7-14 7-14.... muahah

    okok.. let me be more sympathetic.. get a 9-18 for rm2.1 k, orite ? :p halr the price of the former, and you can mount filters on it. if i put my bucks on it, i could aave up for a 35-100 much sooner. opportunities just flyyy by... :s

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey brandon,
    that is not gonna happen LOL I was hoping for the 9-18 to be less than RM1k since it was in the budget category. Sadness indeed.
    Anyway I will be sticking to my faithful kit lens for a long long time. ahahah no more cash to spend man, totally dried up at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wah... come on loh... its an ultra wide lens, and its half the price of the 7-14. i expect that even if it sells second hand, it'll be around 450-500 usd. if you can get one below rm1 k, you're reallly lucky..

    i'm not sure how long you can 'tahan' staying with your kit lenses. i told myself the same thing, and 8 months later, i see what i've got and shake my head. sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey brandon,
    aaahhaha.. i don't always take landscape here in KL, nothing much unless I am still in perth thats a different story.
    it is the question of whether i can afford the equipments or not lar. If I can of course i would upgrade, but the way I see how things go, dun think can anytime soon aahhaah

    ReplyDelete
  6. 30 secs of wait equivalent to 30 secs of donating blood to bloody mosquitoes. Haha.

    Oh yeah, thanks for the birthday wishes. Didn't manage to reply coz I was out for the night. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey chong,
    no worries !! I bet u must be out partying and getting drunk LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was out for a long dinner. Not that drunk yet. Still managed to drive home. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey gallivanter,
    thanks mate !!

    hey chong,
    I knew it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol..

    Whenever i see Petronas Twin Towers, i see two gigantic Jagungs behind the image. Don't you think so? :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey johnson,
    ok.. that is something I have never ever thought of before LOL !!! Jagung indeed..

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG?!! It has Jagung nickname written all over -_-"

    Just like the Menara Telekom whereby people call it Banana Leaf

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey chong,
    tall, bright shining jagung LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice pics man... keep up the good and innovative work.. peace bro..

    ReplyDelete