Saturday, September 20, 2008

Random Stage Stuff


I was not exactly aiming for anything this afternoon being out from my place, strolling around rather directionless until I somehow ended up at the Sungai Wang area. The time I arrived some time in the afternoon, there was this online e-magazine radio show thingy happening where local artists were performing. Like I know what they were saying, or singing, or who they were in the first place.

But some cute faces were on stage, and that was good enough reason for me to whip out my gear and started snapping away. Sorry no elaborate explanations, since I had not the slightest clue what the event was all about. I am a proud, and innocent banana, so forgive me.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



Pictures come out slightly noisy, I toned down the in-camera noise filter setting to see the effects it would impose on my JPEG shots. Yes you Canon, Nikon and Sony fanatics, Olympus cameras give you FULL control over noise filtering, and you can even choose to turn them completely OFF. The details captured in the pictures are stunning, but overall they come out a bit too noisy. I can easily "clean" them off by editing, but just want to demonstrate what the filtering option would do to the pictures. So I left the noise intact, which was not that bad if you ask me, considering the amount of details the shots could salvage.

I wanted to stay for the entire programme, and even catch the evening charity fashion concert thing, which I would be as clueless as the previous event, but I have received a text from Chun Chow for a tennis plan in the late afternoon. So yeah, I left the performance halfway through, and off I rushed back for a round of stroking balls.

Gosh, I miss tennis.

Gotta play more.

5 comments:

  1. robin! why do u call yourself a banana? do u know in spore its not a good thing to be called one? LOL

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey marcus,
    oh no, is that true??? but its quite a common and ok thing here though ahahaha.. there was even this one famous blogger that calls herself a banana, but unfortunately she stopped blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL really? well its not really a seriously bad thing to be called one. basically if u are called a banana, u are yellow outside and white inside as in u are trying to be a white guy when u are just a chinese guy.

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey marcus,
    aahaha, yeah thats kind of the same definition here, but mostly a person is referred to as banana here because he/she cant read/write chinese, but instead has good command of English.
    My Mandarin is very poor so I am considered one ahahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  5. same! haha i dunno how many times i have been called that!

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete