Side Note: Most pictures featured in this entry were taken with my limping Kodak C875. Yes, it has enough life to produce those few shots.
So I now have an E-520, after the E-410 was taken away from me.
OLYMPUS EVOLT E-520
Why Olympus? After trying around various brands of entry level DSLRs, I have come to a conclusion, what Olympus offers is impossible to beat. After using the previous E-410, I have come to really love Olympus DSLRs even more.
1) Built in Body Image Stabilization. Throw in any lens, even the old Film SLR lenses, you get Optical I.S.
2) Flexible Customization options.
3) Useful Live View, perfect for manual focus previews.
4) The famous Olympus Colors.
5) Superb Kit Lens built and quality, designed specifically for digital.
6) Great straight to JPEG shots. JPEG engine best of its class.
7) Best value for money entry level DSLR.
8) Super Sonic Wave Filter, most effective dust reduction system. Best in class.
SUPPLIED LENS HOOD
9) Extremely feature-packed for an entry level, bracketing options, mirror lock-up, customizable noise filter, etc.
10) Direct Shortcut buttons, accessing frequently used options: ISO, AF, Metering, White Balance and even a specific function assigned button.
11) It looks sleek. Sexiest in its class.
12) Superbly fast shooting performance. 3.5 Frames per second continuous shooting speed, best in class.
13) Impressive memory read/write speed, again, best in class.
14) Awesome standard kit lens, considered the top of its category, featuring internal focusing, manual focus by wire, ED element, and even comes with petal shaped lens hood.
15) It is an Olympus, of course.
WITH LOVE, FROM JAPAN
Ok, Canon, Nikon and Sony.. come and flame me already.