Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Dim Sum Morning


On last Sunday, I had a privilege to join a fellow blogger, Chong (click) for a round of KL Dim Sum at Sri Petaling. Early, very early did I rise that morning, and met up with the really awesome blogger/photographer at an ungodly 7.15am.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



I do not know why, in contrary to what people see and think of me, I am not exactly, a people person. But I guess sometimes, after being with my only self for so long, it does get kind of depressing somehow, and getting out there meeting cool people would be really refreshing.

Hence the dim sum session. Great food over lengthy conversations about photography (what do you guys expect?), work, life and what nots.

I know for some unimaginable reasons, quite a number of friends I do know, can only attribute KL to one sole good thing, having a night life, and the teh tarik/mamak sessions. I have yet to truly discover the joy in that, heck, I am trying to stay away from supper these days. Waking up early every day, working full time, coming home with whole body drained of energy, I find very little time lfet to do anything much in maintaining my non-existent fitness. Therefore, the least I could do, is trying not to overeat.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



But Dim Sum is innocent. And waking up early may not exactly be the best thing to do in the whole world, the thought of going back to bed after dim sum, is not so bad after all. Hmmmm....

The joy of eating heaps, and sleeping heaps. Life could have been so good, minus all the dramas, and traumas.

10 comments:

  1. how come the dim sum in KL not traditional as in served in a wooden basket?

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey marcus,
    thats because u almost cannot find anything traditional here in KL !! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what... I slept the whole day right after that session. LOL. But nevertheless, I shall look forward to more ungodly hour breakfast near future. Hehe.

    As for 'people person', you'll be that sooner or later. I'll give u a few more months coz living in KL will change your personality (the way you think and talk) drastically. :D

    annonymous @ marcus : Those are authentic HK style. You can get those in big restaurants and hotels. Smaller joints don't really serve that way anymore. They don't bother to cleaning up those baskets anyway. Hence, it is cheaper and less...... tastier. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey chong,
    ahahaha, more ungodly hour breakfasts LOL sounds really good.
    I think marcus is referring to the dim sum in perth, ahaahaa..
    i do think the dim sum in KL isnt so bad, yeah its not that authentic (no baskets) but hey, you pay really cheap for those you get at the kopitiams.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wah you two go makan din ajak!!
    Sob sob....

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey jian,
    Chong lives nearby my place mar, where u live?? ahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol..everytime when i see Dim Sum... at the other side of it, i see the word "no-no"...simply because i know i couldn't afford those Dim Sumssssss......**grieving***

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey johnson,
    yeah they are kind of pricey but its a Chinese culture...
    well, you cant afford it yet, when u are earning money im sure you would love dim sum for one of those relaxing breakfast mornings with your buddies !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your picture pwn Chong's. Haha. Next time, we can eat breakfast together when I have my holidays in KL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey jason,
    I thought his pics were quite good too.
    Ahahhahaha so when is your next half day trip to KL?

    ReplyDelete