Monday, August 18, 2008

What I do with Water

I was just walking by one fine afternoon, under the extreme Malaysian harsh sun, and I chanced upon quite an ugly looking fountain.

THE ORDINARY LOOKING FOUNTAIN



I gave it a second look.

And my hands started to get itchy again, hence I took out my ever-ready Ollie with the pancake lens mounted on it, and started snapping away.

WATER LOOKING TO THE SKY



THERE WERE THREE OF THEM




This was one of my very few times using Shutter Priority shooting mode, and for obvious reasons, to maximize the fastest shutter speed the camera could possibly accomplish. For my Olympus E410, it was only 1/4000 second, which was just sufficient to freeze the rapid motion of the running water in very fluid movements.

WATER BEADS



I wanted to go closer but I refrained from doing so, since the water was splattering everywhere, and my Ollie is no waterproof. But if I had the tele lens with me, I could have taken more dramatic shots. Always try to get as close as possible to your subjects, and fill the frame.

BENDING LIQUID



There you go, super-fast shutter pictures. Seems like I have been pushing and stretching my Ollie to every limits it can possibly produce. Hmmm, this sounds familiar. Is this a good or bad thing?


12 comments:

  1. hey jasonmumbles,
    u just have to rub it in dun u?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good jooob robin.. playing with water.. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. robin i think u ought to buy a telephoto lens so u can get closer to the action without getting wet/hurt/burnt LOL

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey allen,
    ahahaha come play with me !!

    hey marcus,
    I have one, I cant bring it all the time its too huge and heavy !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. Come come.. weeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.. So nice~~ I've yet to try mine @.@

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey allen,
    yes yes !!

    hey ahlost,
    aahahh kuching also quite hard to find water to play with..

    ReplyDelete
  8. can play with garden hose.. or sprinkler in the garden.. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey allen
    im staying on a flat, no garden, no water hose !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. toilet hose oso can.. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey allen,
    toilet susah lah, not enough lighting for fast shutter !!

    ReplyDelete