Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Frederick's Convocation


A dear friend from hometown Kuching who has been studying in MMU Malacca, just had his convocation ceremony last Sunday at MMU Cyberjaya. Phhewww.. did you noticed I have just connected three places in one sentence? Lame I know, but never mind, it was one great celebration for Frederick with his family and friends who travelled from Kuching and Malacca just to be there for his graduation. I was really glad to be there, and share the joy of obtaining that one piece of scroll, no matter how much unspeakable misery and torture we all had to endure during our university days.

GRADUANDS STORMING OUT FROM THE HALL



It was my first visit to MMU Cyberjaya, and it does seem like a really nice place to study in. I especially love the modern feel the buildings are portraying, in contrast to the very ancient traditional ambiance my previous university was offerring. Not that I was complaining about my university, but being in such a place that seems historical to some extent, gets you really depressed and emotional at times of extreme stress, particularly when final exams were coming close.

FRED AND RENEE



How sweet !! Both Fred and Renee graduated on the same day !!

MMU MALACCA GANG



The dear friends who travelled all the way from Malacca for Fred !!

WITH CHUN CHOW AND WENDY



Finally some familiar faces that you guys have seen countless times in this blog !!



I guess the reason why I went to so many convocation ceremonies back in the days of my uni, not of my own of course, but for my friends, was simply because there was good food served. Being a typical Australian university, we get unlimited supply of good finger food, juice and wine. I mean, we would just pop up and say our "Hey !! Congratulations man !! Finally you are a graduate now !!", and after the abrupt and probably less than a minute exchange of words, we would parade on to the food tables and attack full on. Yes, I admit I am truly Asian, and proud to be one. Oh did I mention the free flow of wine?

ME HOLDING A FLOWER



FRED, ME and OLLIE



See how tiny the Ollie is, with the pancake lens?

This was however, my first time witnessing an aftermath of the convocation ceremony, when friends and family would gather at the open area around the graduation hall. This is one time when countless faces radiate the blinding light of happiness all over the places, and I was somehow anticipating a few people with tears of joy, but unfortunately being so boringly Malaysian as we were, I saw none of such drama. I used to see people jumping up and down, screaming of great joy, and hugging their friends in tears back in my university days. People are more expressive elsewhere, but I guess smile and gentle laughters should suffice in our society.

Frederick has always been a great friend to me, and he has been there for me too many times to count when I was in need of his help. He is probably one of the few persons in my life that has truly impacted me in certain ways, for the better.

FRED LOOKING TO THE SKY TOGETHER WITH ME



Therefore, to you Frederick, with a sincere heart, congratulations man !!! You have performed very impressively well, not only in your studies, but in almost everything else, and I do believe, and look forward to the person that you will become one day.

11 comments:

  1. i see my juniorsssssss... and i see pancake.. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey allen,
    aahahaha u old bird already !!!
    Of course, the pancake !! damned cute man...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe.. nevermind the pancake.. i'm satisfied with my mooncake.. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey allen,
    LOL.. but there are mooncakes that are thinner than pancakes !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. finally some camwhoring! LOL

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey marcus,
    aaahahah... yeah its been a while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looking to the sky meh? no la.. looking at lengluis at the side!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey chunchow,
    LOL that day the sky damned cloudy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Fred, from suituapui. Ur journey has just begun. Good luck and all the best in the years ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  10. my neighbour/ex schoolmates in some of the pics...

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey mrbherng,
    whoah... who who??

    ReplyDelete