Saturday, August 16, 2008

Fashion Fusion @ Times Square


It was a long Friday working day, and right after getting off work, I decided to take the LRT to the opposite direction, away from the place I stay, towards the city for the night scene of KL life. Nothing fancy really, all I intended originally was just to have a decent walk around, maybe get a few stuff if the bargain is really good, and just to clear off some things from my mind. I made a stop at Times Square, since it has been a while I last visited that place. Not exactly the best place for shopping or window shopping, but it is just convenient to walk from the LRT stop, so I figured, why not?

FROM ANOTHER CAMERA




So I was walking into the main entrance of Times Square, and suddenly I saw a flock of humans gathering at the center stage at the lower ground floor, and the loudspeakers blasting music with very lively and up-to-tempo beats. And there was the stage being set-up in the famous T-shape, typical for only one event, a fashion show !! Being curious like a cat like usual, I meow-ed out loud walked closer, and noticed that the entire ground for the fashion event has been barricaded, and entry from the people walking by was strictly restricted by securities personals, mostly middle aged aunties carrying too much weight around their bellies, and sulked like they have been drinking vinegar the whole day.

LOOKING FROM WHERE I STAND



So I went right into the registration counter, and asked the two giggling girls a few questions...

Robin: Is this fashion show open to the public?
Giggling girl: *giggles giggles* Ermm.. no.. it is a private function.. *giggles...
Robin: Owhh.. then if it is a private WTFFFFF why is it held in such an open public space????
Giggling girl: Ermmm.. dunno? *giggles
Robin: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I was denied an entry into the "private" event, which everyone else could freaking view outside their barricades anyway, or from top levels looking down onto the stage. So I decided to grab a quick dinner and rushed back to the stage, at just minutes before the show would begin. I chose a spot right at the extreme side of the stage, not the most auspicious position, since I was veiwing the parade motion from the far side.

The front edge of the posing stops portion of the stage was located within the boundaries of the "private" event, which I could not have any access to. Nevertheless, there was nothing to complain about, I just happened to be there and discovered this fashion show at such last minute, so it was all about quick thinking and being spontaneous.

BRIGHT YELLOW



I only carried my pancake lens with me, since I did not anticipate there would be any intensive shooting required for my originally planned jalan jalan session. Since I did not have any other lens, I was stuck with my pancakes. In a way, it was an obvious disadvantage, because you will need a long zoom lens to bring you closer to the models, especially shooting from where I was standing. On the other hand, the spot I was standing not the was not really the best one to begin with, hence it would not matter even if I have better lenses or other equipments because I could not make the best possible compositions. Nevertheless, if I did not even have a pancake lens, I would not have brought out my Ollie with me (imagine dragging such heavy and huge bag to work), in turn, a harsher reality, I would not even be able to shoot any pictures at all.

WALKING RIGHT TOWARDS ME





This Fashion Show was organized, and hosted by VOIR fashion line, a newly opened branch somewhere in the Times Square shopping mall itself, thus the whole event is something like an official launch for the company. They have quite a lot of models, some even not Malaysian. The fashion being displayed ranged from casual looking outfits to career themed apparels. It was unfortunate though, no swimwear or bikini shows, like the ones I have been so used to watching in Perth. Oh Malaysia why do you have to be soooooo restrictive when it comes to showing even just a little bit of that extra skin?

Since I was using the pancake lens, I could not zoom, being stuck with a fixed focal distance. It was not the ideal focal length, at 25mm (50mm equivalent) since I was standing very far from the center. But there were times the models would walk to my side of the stage, and that was when I could snap closer shots of them. Also worth noting that, since I could not zoom in closer, it means that whatever you see on the picture, is almost relatively similar with the frame that I was seeing through my naked eye.

CAREER THEME




This time around, the fashion show lacks the oomph that I was usually getting on previos shows. The rush that would make your heartbeat pound harder as the models parade along the walkway, but I guess that was mainly due to the fact that the cloths were all very ordinary looking, and the setup of the entire event did not portray any grand or larger than life kind of image.

I noticed that the audience who were inside the "private" event, were served food, and drinks. They can opt for wine if I am not mistaken, since the staff were pouring red liquid out of bottles into the wine glasses, so I assumed it was wine. Something I could not blardy understand though, in the span of 20 minutes, three glasses fell onto the floor and the shattering sound cut through the air causing dramatic gasps from the people everywhere. I mean, come on man, how difficult can it be holding a glass of wine without dropping and breaking it in public? One time, excusable, but it happened three separate times !!!! Glass and clumsy aunties with hands resembling their feet are never a match I guess.

LEGS SHOW



This was the first time I encountered some random unanticipated event happening right in front of me, and having my convenient Ollie with Pancakes lens made it easy to be carried with me, thus I was able to record it, and share them with you guys.

Cheers for the pancakes !!

28 comments:

  1. bro.. how many fashion shows have you been to already? lol!

    looks like the pancake lens is performing very well. keep it up :)

    been posting on the forums recently. great feedback from other members. my recent hdr here:

    http://forum.fourthirdsphoto.com/showthread.php?t=39887

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey brandon,
    yeah the pancake is performing well indeed !!!
    Well, not that I purposely look for fashion shows, it just, happened in front of me, so I figured why not see what my pancake lens can do...
    aahahha... yeah there are people nudging me to post my pictures up on the forums...
    aaahh playing with HDR again eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. *with hands resembling their feet* LOL

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Blink*
    I guess I haven't been back here from a long time because the last time I was here I'd never heard of Ollie. [Which is a cute Nickname btw =P )
    Nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey marcus,
    LOL....

    Hey sam,
    yeah Ollie is not just a cute name, it IS cute too !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Entertainment industry and other business establishments have seen a heavy growth with the
    number of online applications developed. But if you are not careful, you can foolishly spend
    money and gain little or no return on your investment.

    Broadcast your first radio show to the world and enjoy the interaction with the listeners of the online radio community.


    Have a look at my page; http://www.online-radioportal.de

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has led to an explosion of new radio stations and new ways to
    access existing radio stations with new facilities.
    But if you are not careful, you can foolishly spend money and gain little
    or no return on your investment. Shoutcast, Live365, and Yahoo Launch - Cast are some of the renowned Internet radio networks.


    Take a look at my web blog - Get the facts

    ReplyDelete
  8. It bears mentioning that there are also games and simulations available to those wanting to learn to trade stock index futures.
    Imagine never having to worry about what to wear to work, and
    even the infuriating traffic jams that never seem to end. But what happens when a player runs out of race tokens.


    Feel free to surf to my blog post; http://www.gossipcity.org/Uncovering-Major-Details-For-Game.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. In most cases they are, but when it comes to updates, patches, etc to the
    mmorpgs. While having a passion for playing games is important, getting a rewarding career in game
    design will require students to be a cut above the competition.
    Next Jim Deacove developed a few of his own board games
    based on the principles of cooperation, group strategy and joint problem solving.


    Also visit my blog Kostenlos spielen - www.samuelpeacock.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Much like Safari, the Camera app, the App Store
    and i - Pod, Game Center has no option to be deleted when editing
    your apps. Aside from the obvious difficulties of pitching so
    brilliantly in such a high pressure situation, Larsen's feat is even more impressive when one considers that the Dodgers had four future Hall of Famers in their lineup: Duke Snider, Jackie Robinson, Roy Campanella and Pee Wee Reese. The most unique thing about Ouya is that it is said to be "open" -- although what this means is up for interpretation.

    Also visit my web page :: Highly recommended Resource site

    ReplyDelete
  11. If your flight is canceled you can search for other flights which may still get you to
    your destination. They get their revenues only from the
    commercials and hence, they charge nothing
    from their customers. It statistically learns which music genre the user prefers to
    listen.

    Here is my web-site - internetradiosender

    ReplyDelete
  12. This has led to an explosion of new radio stations
    and new ways to access existing radio stations with
    new facilities. One thing about conventional radio that’s gotten quite annoying over the years is that the networks have switched
    around trying to find programming so often that you
    don’t even know where to go for your musical preference
    anymore. So you can imagine how much your choice has increased from before.


    Here is my blog post ... http://multimedia.stisitelkom.ac.id/read_blog/190035/clear-cut-internetradio-advice-considered

    ReplyDelete
  13. Upon examining some etymological dictionaries, one can conclude that games
    are a creative expression of the human spirit through the creation
    of an activity that has an entertaining, instructive and competing element.
    they simply need to learn that you will not be able to appease everyone of your player-base.
    You can also customize the car including retractable hanggliders.



    my web blog :: kostenlos spielen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like any game, when we stay within the rules,
    we score, and when we play outside the rules there of course is a penalty.
    The only downside of it in a lot of people's eyes is the fact that there is no multiplayer content. t love the unself-conscious little boy or girl, the undaunted miniature explorer who moves with unbridled enthusiasm to experience life.

    Feel free to surf to my blog post; Click This Link

    ReplyDelete
  15. In addition to this, now you can listen to the radios
    online, which is already getting to be pretty popular.

    In addition to music, there is a wealth of other audio and informational materials out there to investigate.
    This is a fantastic app for people who travel and it now supports multitasking.


    Also visit my homepage: http://www.online-radioportal.de

    ReplyDelete
  16. Facebook has groups, applications, and many of the exact
    same features of My - Space, delivered in just about the same way.

    You don;t have to be fake, just forgive yourself for the bad pictures taken at
    a bad moment and praise yourself for the ones that give you
    respect. The challenge with being on top is that it can get lonely.


    my website: http://www.sheridangroupdc.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Once the game is 80% complete you will need to work on the sound. Finding good outsourcing companies is the key, as naturally you do not want to lower the quality of the service. It can go as far as ruining their experience since it is the last interaction they have with a game.

    my web-site ... click through the next web site - jira.openolat.org

    ReplyDelete
  18. Multiplayer versions is more exciting as in this, you'll be able to team up or even contend with other participants to defeat the enemies. t want to forget to buy your all star game tickets at Angels Stadium from an independent ticket broker that cares more about customer satisfaction than the bottom line. We carry R4 SDHC, DSTT, R4i SDHC, Acekard 2i, EZFlash Vi, M3i Zero, and now the i - Edge.

    Also visit my web-site :: http://goodwill.or.kr/290001

    ReplyDelete
  19. In the four tournaments since his first of the season, he.
    While having a passion for playing games is important, getting a
    rewarding career in game design will require students to be a
    cut above the competition. It fizzles as
    the lights go out, and she says it's been great talking to you.

    Feel free to visit my web blog - Recommended Internet site

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kino has several editing features that give it an edge over NVRec including crossfading support, multiple color
    balance, and various transitions. When it is in the Viewer
    you can go to the Filters tab and make corrections
    to change it between horizontal and vertical if you want.
    In this ending, James walks into a control room that's being operated by a dog.

    Take a look at my web blog :: mouse click the next article

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kino has several editing features that give it
    an edge over NVRec including crossfading support, multiple color balance, and various transitions.

    99 as of January 2011, Corel Video - Studio Pro X3 is one
    of the most price friendly video AVCHD video editing software packages
    available on the market. Lack of contacts and
    financing can make producing great documentary films
    very difficult.

    Visit my site; videos downloaden

    ReplyDelete
  22. If your flight is canceled you can search for other flights
    which may still get you to your destination.

    There are quite a few to choose from such as the Roberts
    stream 83i or the Tangent Quattro which are both good examples of internet radios.
    One of the very best reasons to include internet radio as part of your online marketing plan is because of the search engine optimization opportunities.


    My blog post ... visit the following internet site

    ReplyDelete
  23. Part 2 of this series on marketing your small business using Facebook offers social
    media marketing tips and guidelines for how to attract fans
    to your Facebook page. You might not allow people to write on
    your wall, however, when you share a thought, a link, or comment on someone's else wall, people can definitely also leave a comment. Anyone with a fire in the belly can achieve something through Facebook marketing.

    Also visit my site :: visit the next internet site

    ReplyDelete
  24. Similar to the cue ball that is shot in pools;
    this game involves coins and strikers that are essential
    to play carrom game. At the same time, web games seemed like the future of gaming, and we wanted to be a part of it.
    The most unique thing about Ouya is that it is said to be "open" --
    although what this means is up for interpretation.


    Look at my blog :: Recommended Reading

    ReplyDelete
  25. Like any game, when we stay within the rules, we score, and when we play outside the rules there of
    course is a penalty. Aside from the obvious difficulties of pitching
    so brilliantly in such a high pressure situation, Larsen's feat is even more impressive when one considers that the Dodgers had four future Hall of Famers in their lineup: Duke Snider, Jackie Robinson, Roy Campanella and Pee Wee Reese. In this addictive puzzle game, catch that damn fly and avoid those tricky obstacles.

    my blog post: please click the up coming website page

    ReplyDelete
  26. Like any game, when we stay within the rules, we score, and when we play outside the rules there of course is a penalty.

    Aside from the obvious difficulties of pitching so brilliantly in such a high pressure situation, Larsen's feat is even more impressive when one considers that the Dodgers had four future Hall of Famers in their lineup: Duke Snider, Jackie Robinson, Roy Campanella and Pee Wee Reese. For the purposes of this game, a "set" is at least three cards of equal value such as three Jacks or three fours and a "sequence" is made up of at least four cards that are of the same suit and run sequentially such as three, four, five, and six of spades.

    My web page; www.nexusclash.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just how easy is the channel display to read
    at certain angles. So stations stepped up
    the amount of events they did per year. Using a little exploration (which you happen to be clearly working on proper now),
    expenditure in your business here is exactly the instructions
    to use the medium to your benefit.

    Also visit my web-site; visit the following post

    ReplyDelete
  28. In addition to this, now you can listen to the radios online,
    which is already getting to be pretty popular.
    If you want to know what folks are listening to and talking about on
    the opposite coast, Fly - Cast is terrific. " Many of these people knew that drugs were wrong, but elected the easy route of following the popular opinion.

    Also visit my website: online radio

    ReplyDelete