Friday, May 02, 2008

Wackily Crazy Feli

Another fellow awesome cool Kuching blogger who has been away for studies, Felicity (click) is currently back in town. This time, she kidnapped a poor innocent soul with her here, Kristen (click), another blogger who also happened to be her close friend. Kristen was from Sabah, a place which I have not visited yet (I know it is a sad fact for me) but I have heard soooooooo many wonderful things about it. Me, being fortunate as usual, had a night out with those two lovely girls in town !! We were at Bing, Padungan.

THE BLOGGERS @ BING

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us




Feli has always been one of those really fascinating bloggers out there. I remembered the first time i returned from Perth, I was connected to Feli through Charmaine, and in some really unexpected circumstances, Feli managed to whipped up a blogger gathering of more than 10 people in such short notice. That gave me a distinctive impression that, she is the kind of person, that is capable of making things happen, if she really wants it to happen. This is one true rare quality to find in people nowadays. I for one am lacking that quality Thus, there is much to admire in her personalities and characteristics.

FELICITY from http://wackilycrazy.blogspot.com

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us




KRISTEN from http://kristensoong.wordpress.com

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us




One of those personalities and characteristics I have just mentioned... would be the... superbly wild, wacky and crazy side of her. No, I did not come up with the description, she was the one who gave herself that description, even her blog's name is Wackily Crazy Me. Sure enough, armed with my baby camera, I did my best to capture that wackily crazy side of Feli the best I could, and.... Muahahahahahahaahahahha all the pictures will be plastered all over this entry.


There was of course the catching up session, about what has happened to me the past year (which was rather boring, but a little dramatic I must say) and also their university lives and pieces and everything. I would have said that, yeah, I have been there and done that, which may not be entirely true because the environment of university life where I was at was rather different. Nevertheless, listening to their stories made me realized how much I miss my life as a student, which I have left behind for almost two years now.

MISCHIEVOUS FELI

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



THE TONGUE

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us




It was the first time Kristen came to Kuching, and I was very glad to hear that she loved what she has experienced in Kuching so far. Oh she loved kolok mee !! Feli must have been a very good tour guide for her. I was told the next morning Kristen would be trying out Kueh Chap for her first time. I wonder how that would turn out to be. Any feedbacks, Feli?

Worth noting, however is that, all the pictures here in this entry were taken without flash, which was quite a biggie to me. Those of you around Kuching would know that Bing is not exactly an ideal place to take pictures indoor at night, since the lighting was excessively dim, and unevenly laid out. Without filling in flash, it did pose an extreme challenge to pull out a well exposed picture without blurring. I do not have steady hands, and the fact that my camera has no built in image stabilization did not help much at all.

Nevertheless, the great Jasonmumbles barked at me more than once by saying "Do not complain about what you do not have, you just have to find your way and work your way around things to get what you want !!!"

ONE


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



TWO

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



THREE

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



FOUR

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



FIVE

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



True enough, fiddling with the manual controls, I was able to obtain reasonably clear pictures. I checked the shutter speed, they went all the way down to 1/3 - 1/8 secs. Most pictures were taken with 1/6 secs, at the maximum aperture and ISO setting. Surprisingly, even to me, most of the pictures come out blur-free. I guess the countless times of using the camera in tough situations have helped steadied my hands. I am actually quite happy with my shots here, though of course, a lot still can be improved. I am still learning, bit by bit.

And a huge thanks went out to Feli who was soooooo willing to pose for me to test out the manual settings. You have got to admit, her expressions in the photos were.... very very alive and animated !!!


You know, hanging out with a wackily crazy blogger has its consequence as well. Since she posed so much, she asked me to do my own posing. I did my "signature" pose, which she said was BORING. She challenged me to do a different one.....




I know.... it is scary..




Do not say I did not warn you that it is scary....




Scroll down at your own risk....





EEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPP !!!!



Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us





Blame Feli. She made me do it.

All in all, it was a terrifically fun night.

I hoped no one fainted seeing that last picture.

8 comments:

  1. Those pictures are great! I shall tell you more on messenger... LOL I do want to ramble on and on and on here. But yes, I like your new pose!! *LOL* You should do that from now on. Haha... kidding! People will wonder why are you in permanent 'scared' mode all the time. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey elvawenn,

    Thanks !!!!! Ahahaha new pose scary lah !!! dun wan anymore... one time limited edition only. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo.

    Feli: You look good with long hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey cynical-idealist,
    ahahaha yeah she does !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhhhhhhh i wonder how Ollie will feel when she finds out that u are spending your time with 2 other girls!

    *Scandalous* Muahahahaha!

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey marcus,
    Hmmm, maybe I should make ollie a guy !!! Ollie could stand for oliver too u know LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha cos u are not gay!

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey marcus,
    aaahahhhah... yeah.. ollie is soooo sexy !!!!

    ReplyDelete