Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Birthday Chun Chow


During the long weekend, a quiet but dramatic plan was placed in motion, involving a small circle of my closest friends. Frederick made a trip all the way from Malacca to KL just to meet up with us, and complete the circle. It was Chun Chow's Birthday on 19th May, but we made an early celebration since almost everyone would be swarmed by work and life's what nots. Hence we made a spontaneous celebration with Chun Chow at Sunway Pyramid on last Saturday. Tonnes and tonnes of great times awaited us there.

BIRTHDAY BOY, CHUN CHOW

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



FREDERICK

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



I guess I have been away in Perth for so long, coming back to Malaysia now, meeting up with people whom I have been hanging out with since college days (so many freaking years ago) was somewhat, refreshing. Life has been a bitch, I am sure everyone agrees with that, but yeah, life seems to be less painful when you travel it along with good friends. We have had countless moments of fun times, so many uncontrollable laughters and yeaahhh... it was just kind of sad at one point of life that we all went separate ways to pursue education/career.

Anyway, I am currently back in Malaysia now, just flown to West Malaysia, and the physical distance between all of us original members of that circle has been greatly reduced. I am foreseeing more frequent future meet ups and fun times. I am looking forward to those times.

CHUN CHOW & FREDERICK

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us




So it was planned for Frederick's visit to be a small surprise, since Chun Chow was gonna think that from the old circle of friends, I was the only one there in KL at the moment.

A lot of planning was involved for quite some time before the actual turn out on Saturday, I managed to get both Fred and Chun Chow to go to Sunway Pyramid, and when everything that you have planned for (no matter how small the scale of the plan is) comes together, and the pieces fit perfectly into a beuatiful picture, the joy and satisfaction that comes out of it was purely indescribable.

It was one beautiful moment being remembered for the rest of our lives.

CARLS JR BURGER???

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



Since me and Fred have not tried Carl's Junior before, hence we had our lunch there to check out the oversized burgers. I know there must have been countless reviews written about this place, mainly describing their burgers. To me, I strongly believe that, for just burgers, the pricing was seriously over the extreme edge.

Though the serving portion was considered huge, even in stark comparison to the size of standard burgers served in Perth (or anywhere in Australia) it can be sadly concluded that this fact does not justify the overly hiked pricing.

THE FACE BEHIND THE FRIES

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



DOUBLE CHEESEBURGER

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



Sorry, I was too hungry I had to eat off some of the fries before taking this picture displayed above.


I had the Double Bacon Double Cheese Burger. When I opened the food wrappings, the burger appeared to be one of the most horribly looking burgers I have ever seen in my life. Even the roadside burgers selling at RM1.20 is presented in a much stylish way. Alright, I am being cruel here, but hey, paying such hefty price for a meal does warrant it to at least look good, no?

Taste wise, I think the beef patty inside could have been done better. It was rather dry, and sadly, a little plain.

I have not exactly tried the Burger King in Malaysia, but I would assume the quality of the beef patties used in their Whopper would be the same as produced in Hungry Jacks (aka Burger King) in Perth. If you want a GOOD beef burger, the Whopper beef patties KICK ASS. No kidding here.

It was on the whole, a hearty meal, and we enjoyed ourselves nonetheless.

Moving on, of course, with a camera in hand, more camwhoring would be expected from us, right?

Here goes:

ROBIN & CHUN CHOW

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us




ROBIN & FREDERICK

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



I know some people are fans for large celebrations and gatherings. To me, a simple and toned down get-togethers beat everything else hands down. It only truly matters, if people really want to be there for you, and be genuinely happy for you. There is no point engaging a large number, but people coming together not having better intentions, but just to have fun. Hanging out with people you truly know, and shared your lives with... is something really irreplaceable.

No of course, we did not just walk around and eat. What else did we do at Sunway Pyramid? Find out soon !!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Chun Chow! What does ur name mean? Sounds like sumting I owes hear in Chinese restaurants, "Siao jia lan chun chow" or was it "chin chow"? Sorry...my Mandarin is very very poor!!! LOL!!! Hello, Frederick...and hello, my old friend, Robin!!! Already become KL nang now hor!!! Hope u're getting on fine there!!! Now can torture u with pics of Sarawak food!!! LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey suituapui,
    Ahahaha, yalor, become KL people... life here starts to seem scary oledy.. haiyoooo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man that burger looks like it was scraped off someone's foot! i absolutely LOVE carl's jr burgers in spore. come down to spore and i bring u makan at carl's jr and u can compare!

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey marcus,
    I know !!! It was one of the most horrible looking burger I have ever seen. Disappointing indeed.
    Yeah, looking forward to travel down to singapore, but not so soon lah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had the Carl's Jr in Singapore. Not that great lah. It's just bigger than your normal Maccers one, that's all.

    Shit lah, I want to eat burger now can?

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey slackalmighty,

    Aahahahhaa, oh well, it was worth trying out, but yeah, Mckers would have been good enough, portion wise.
    I thought Maccers in barrack st (or was it william st, damned those street names) is open 24 hours? LOL GO GO EAT !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. suituapui: Thanks! er.. I don't really know what my name means as well coz my Mandarin is poor too -_-''' Chin is my surname btw =P

    "oh man that burger looks like it was scraped off someone's foot!" my gosh, that description fits it perfectly, marcus..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey chun chow,
    LOL... i also dun even really know what my Chinese name means ahahahahaaaa
    Poor burger...

    ReplyDelete