Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Matilda Bay, Again



Alright I know I have blogged on Matilda Bay like uncountable times before on this blog, and some people would actually get sick of it already. However, I have just come to realise that I have not taken any pictures of Matilda Bay with my new camera yet. Maybe the camera is not so new, since I have had it for roughly half a year now, but all the pictures I have taken on Matilday Bay was with my old Kodak cx7430. Looking back at those pictures now, boy I can say there were plenty of rooms for improvement.

So equipped with the camera I am currently using, Kodak C875 (click), I strolled down to Matilda Bay by myself. I used to walk along Matilda Bay several times a week either before or after dinner long time ago, dating years back since my residential college stay. Back then, the water and sky could soothe my soul, and calm my worries. It was like one of the most effective relaxation method I could ever do to clear my mind and just, enjoy the surroundings. Unfortunately, not even the walk along the river this time could do much in sorting out my pretty messed up mind. Things are different now. Things are a lot different now.

Anyway, the best thing to do while your mind is occupied with so many things, is to occupy it with more things. Shooting pictures by far work wonders. Concentrating on working to get that perfect shot, drew a fair amount of juice from my brain, thus, it was the right diversion I just needed.

And so here are the results. I enjoyed taking these shots splendidly, and I hope you guys enjoy viewing them.


BEACH-LIKE RIVER FRONT

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




The CITY from AFAR

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



I particular love one feature that is included in my camera. For a budget camera (I bought it for only 200 bucks, thats roughly RM600) C875 is packed with a 5X Optical Zoom German built lens, which offers quite a flexible and handy telephoto capability. It may not seem sufficient for those zoom-hungry photographers, but it works decently well for an average user like me. Considering this camera is a budget camera, having anythig more than the standard 3X Zoom is a sure bonus by itself already.

The city in the previous shot seemed too far away?

Zoom in closer then..

ZOOMING in PERTH CITY

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




And the following shot (below) is to the limit of my camera zoom capacity. Not bad for just a 5X Zoom don't you think? If you refer back and compare to the previous Perth City from Afar picture that started from the Wide Angle end.

GOING in EVEN MORE CLOSER

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Having the extra zoom also means having the upper hand in composition of several other shots. I can zoom in nearer to a bird without startling her.


The MARCH of the SEA-GULLS

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



WE STAND TOGETHER

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




On the FLOATING PLATFORM

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




I do not know but I do find those sea gulls rather annoying. Maybe it is because I watched Finding Nemo before I have actually seen on in real life myself.

If you mentioned Matilda Bay to anyone here locally, one thing that pops out from the mind will most definitely be the white boats. Line the floating boats parked neatly on the blue waters of the river, this place has quite a truly unique scenery. White boats, blue waters, overlooking Perth City, and the best part of all, it is just besides the University of Western Australia.


WHITE, GREEN and BLUE

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



WHITE BOATS

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




MORE WHITE BOATS

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Such lovely place must be flocked with people from everywhere. It is one favourite spot for family gatherings, parties, picnics and even birthday celebrations. On warmer days, this place will definitely be packed in the evenings right before the sunset. Unfortunately the sun does not set on the city landscape view from Matilda Bay, it was actually on the totally opposite side.


PEOPLE on MATILDAY BAY

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



It was a good round of photo-shooting. Gosh it does get depressing sometimes taking pictures alone. I so need to find myself shooting partners that could go with me everytime my photography self runs amok and starts to point the camera at random things. Nevertheless, alone or not, it was still a tremendously fulfilling session. The reward comes when I view and edit the pictures on my computer later on the day.

5 comments:

  1. is that a group of people having a bbq? i miss aussie barbies! big ass sausages and burnt onions!

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey marcus,
    ahaha yeah BBQ, in fact it was a bithday celebration, heard them singing the birthday song !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just the other day I stopped by Matilda Bay for a quick picnic lunch, no one was around and it was so relaxing. Perfect for some me time away from the office.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey di,
    yeah, its the place to get away from anything for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. dim sun was fun. hope this message finds you smiling. the weekend was cool :) you?

    ReplyDelete