Saturday, March 08, 2008

Sunset Magic



I have been wanting to wake up ridiculously early in the morning to try out for a sunrise photoshoot at Matilda Bay. Unfortunately, as predictable as it can be for a guy who would stay up till ungodly hour playing Dota and chatting with friends over msn, I could never actually wake myself up, or rather pull myself out of the oh-so-comfortable bed. Sunrise aside, the next best thing would be the sunset.

This is my first attempt at sunset with Kodak C875. The colours reproduced are somewhat a litle too saturated, and though the ISO setting was set to only 100, there are noticable noise at the shadowy area of the photos. Oh well, I should not have expected that much from a budget camera anyway. Nevertheless, I do love some of the shots I have taken. They show the sky in a much more dramatic sense, golden touch of yellow/orange sunset.


Here is one shot I have taken at full wide angle mode, with no zoom.

SUNSET @ COTTESLOE

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Of course, to make things more interesting, we want to get as close as possible to the sun. Setting my camera to full telephoto end (5x optical zoom) I managed to obtain the following shots, arranged chronologically to record the stunning effects of a sunset witnessed at a much loved local beach.

ABOVE THE CLOUDS

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




BURIED IN THE CLOUDS

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



BREAKING OUT FROM THE CLOUDS

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



DROPPING INTO THE OCEAN

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




SWALLOWED BY THE WATER

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



AND THEN, THERE WAS NONE

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Anyone wanna come along with me some evening again to watch the sun disappear?

It would be fun, I promise.

5 comments:

  1. Hey find me find me ! haha

    btw..this is my number...

    0434528104 - do call me when u got this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the pictures of the sunset (: lo0ks romantic when u watch it with ur gf next time. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok its official Robin...u are way too good for that camera of yours! time to get a DSLR!

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  4. breathe, aaron. breathe.

    omg robin.

    that. was. the. best.

    ReplyDelete