Monday, February 04, 2008

Of Airport and Chinese New Year

Perth International Airport. I was there few days ago sending a friend off. Somehow, I do feel like, and wishing badly I was the one going off, flying back to my hometown to be present for the ever-auspicious grand celebration of the year: Chinese New Year. This year, will be my first time being away from home for Chinese New Year. This year, will also be the first time I skip the celebration, for the reason that my Grandmother had just passed away few weeks ago.

CHECKING IN

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Being there at the airport did bring back plenty of memories. Memories of my first moments in Perth when I just landed, and memories of leaving this land with turbulent state of mind having many issues unresolved previously. Those are precious memories that I have securely set aside and tugged into some place within my heart, but they all just come pouring out when I was there walking around the airport. It is amazing how being at places can trace back your steps and force you to relive your past in so many colourful ways.

DOME

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




ICED LATTE with Ice Cream

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



My friend originally ordered Iced Chocolate, unfortunately we got served with Iced Coffee instead. It could have just been a minor misunderstanding, but we are so used to blaming the coffee house for such common errors. I for one, would vote for just sticking to the drinks and gulp down the icey drinks since I could not be bothered to wait another 15 minutes for my drinks in such ridiculously hot weather of Perth summer.

TOO MUCH CARBON DIOXIDE?

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



I have heard that Perth International Airport is going to undergo some facelift, and possibly an extensive expansion. It is about blardy time, heck I even think Kuching Airport somehow looks better now after all that renovation going on the past few years.

ELEVATOR or TOILET?

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




For some really strange reasons, I was convinced that the elevator sign was actually…. the toilet sign.

It will be quite some time before I will fly the unfriendly skies and find my way back to Kuching, my beloved hometown again. As much as my heart aches to be home with my family and friends, I will just have to make do of whats best and what I have here in Perth currently.

To all my beloved readers.. Happy Chinese New Year !!

12 comments:

  1. oh goodness what a great blog post! i love perth airport reason being its the first thing i see when i land in perth! even though its such a small one compared to changi airport but its so special in so many other ways. from getting off the plane to lining up at customs to getting sniffed by the cute beagle. but the best part of all is the exact moment when i step out of the airport to see nothing but lovely blue skies filled with clouds and the breeze hitting me in the face. and then there's the taxi ride back to the city.

    i can't believe they make us pay to use a baggage trolley! that's a crime! LOL

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy CNY Robin, even though you are not back in Kuching. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey marcus,

    ahahaa the baggage troleys are now free, ahahaha
    yeah, theres always something special about the airport, being there always make me feel nostalgic somehow.

    Come back to perth !!


    hey dienasty,
    Happy CNY to u too !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gong Xi Fa Cai! Happy Chinese New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey wuching
    Happy Chineese New Year !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you'll have a great chinese new year... it's another experience to celebrate in Perth :D Just that no holiday and fireworks lah...hehe...and no ang pao lah...hehehe... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mark

    aiyoo dun remind me no ang pao lar... very depressing ahahahaha...
    Happy New Year to u too !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. its free??!!! OMG! Another great excuse to return to Perth! LOL

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey marcus,
    aahaha yeah come to perth come come come

    ReplyDelete
  11. wishing you the best this season Robin. come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey akho,
    Thanks !! Happy Chinese New Year to you too !!

    ReplyDelete