Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Dinner

I have been away again for some time from this blog, unintentionally, but only because my life has been superbly hectic lately. I was out almost every night for the past week, farewells, dinners and stuff, and two large events happened on Saturday itself: The Wai-Con 2007 (a MASSIVE Anime Convention) and my Company’s Christmas Dinner. I was out for the whole morning till late afternoon to Wai-Con with some friends who were actively involved in some of the competitions and activities, and rushed back home to make myself beautiful get ready for the much anticipated dinner at night. Boy.. I got out early in the morning, and back home after ungodly 1am at night !! Add sleepless nights prior to Saturday.. I am slowly but surely turning into a cute zombie. Do not even ask why cute.

WINE AND APPETIZER

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



I had a tough time deciding on which event to blog about first, Wai-Con or the Christmas dinner. Since there are heaps of pictures of Wai-Con that require heavy editing (because I suck at event photography) I think blogging about the dinner seems to be the right choice.


This was my first Christmas/Annual Dinner with the company. It currently has approximately 150 employees in the main office, and there were 170++ attendees during the dinner that night. The dinner was held at AQWA (I have blogged about this place before, click for the link here) and everyone was pretty much hyped up and excited about it. Who would not be? Free food, free drinks, like, drinks and drinks and drinks….

RUTHIE

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



ROBIN

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




I slept late the night before the dinner, and woke up really early for the Wai-Con which I have spent almost the whole day there, and rushed frantically to the dinner. The consequence of that, extreme exhaustion and lack of mood for photography. I took no less than 300 pictures for Wai Con, my camera batteries and memories may have outlasted me, but I knew my limits, Hence, I just stuck myself around that night, chilled out, and enjoyed myself with a great company of friends. People always seem extra happy when there is good food and UNLIMITED supply of “drinks” around. I just indulge myself in the good stuff, and thought less about taking pictures. Which was a good thing, since I had less pressure on myself, and a bad thing for you guys, because I have less sexy pictures to display on this entry.

DINING @ AQWA Hillary's Harbor

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



BEAUTIFUL SUNSET

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Since everyone is getting tired of seeing food pictures on my blog, I shall skip that for this entry. The whole setting for the dinner was just fantastic, with 17 tables (10 people sitting on each) and full window views overlooking the ocean, just before the sunset. The dinner took place just as the sun set, creating a very saturated orange cast shining on the whole dining hall, creating a very unique mood for the dinner. This is not something you can easily get everyday, especially for a poor guy like me.


UTSAV AND STEPHEN

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



ARMIN AND ROBIN


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Check out how tall Armin is !!! FREAKY !!


One of the things I was worrying about before going to the dinner was the seating allocation. I was told that we could not sit freely with anyone we want, and the places were already planned for each table. Fortunately, I was seated on a table with some really awesome people that I already know, and thank goodness, the whole night turned out to be fun.

CHILLING OUT AT THE CORRIDOR BEFORE DINNER

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



AT THE DINNER....

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



So this is Christmas, and it was a wonderful dinner, with terrific people. It was more fun that I have expected it to be. Towards late night, almost half of the people were either tipsy or dropped motionless on the floor due to alcohol overload. What a beautiful way to obtain happiness. Somehow, there was that Christmas feeling inside the whole celebration. That feeling, is something new to me, and something I have not experienced before.

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




This is the first year of me celebrating Christmas away from my hometown. I have thought that things would get really depressing when friends whom I usually hang out with left Perth to their respective hometowns for the holidays. I hate spending Christmas alone. But hey, having this dinner, somehow I felt that the celebration of Christmas in Perth could never be any less grander than any celebrations in Malaysia. People here regard Christmas very highly, and having the opportunity here to witness, and more importantly to be part of the celebration, is something truly precious.

I shall do my best to document and publish this experience here in my blog.

4 comments:

  1. hahaha robin! u and your camwhoring again! come up with a different pose la! i can tell u didn't get smashed that night. try to cosy up to some of your hot colleagues eh? LOL

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey marcus,
    ahahhhaa no no.... thats my signature pose...
    what cosy up... im a sweet and innocent boy !!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That guy is cute... you should know which one LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey chun chow,
    ahahhh... want me to intro? LOL

    ReplyDelete