Saturday, November 24, 2007

Mabel's Birthday @ Ruby Room

It has been a while since I have been to any large scale birthday party celebration, and it was a privillege being invited the celebration of a dear friend who is turning 21 soon, Mabel. She was hosting this lavishly grand celebration at the Ruby Room, Burswood Entertainment Centre. It was the place with loud music, drinks, and crazy people doing crazy stuff filling up all over the places. It was nonetheless, my first trip to the Ruby Room.

RUBY ROOM @ BURSWOOD

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



THE DANCE FLOOR

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar






What, I am truly sweet and innocent *coughs non-stop*

Surprisingly, I arrived early, unlike certain people who got lost 4 times. Meh.

Even as early as 930pm, the place was already getting jammed with Friday Night freaks. The attention tonight was fixed on Mabel, a lovely girl who is interestingly somehow (I do not know how exactly) distantly related to me through my mother side of the family. Is it not cool sometimes to just discover the connections, tracing the family tree and identifying the links?? I just found out about this connection about a year ago when Serene pointed it out. What a small world !! Ok, actually, what small Perth it is !!

THE BAR

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




THE LOUNGE

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



I spent quite some time going around the place, checking it out for this was the virgin visit. I would say this place may not pack the liveliness of any other more hardcore clubs you can find at Northbridge, with music not pumped up sufficiently to drag you to the dance floor and the type of crowd was certainly not that much into the groove of the environment. As laid back as that may have sounded, I did find the place to be very entertaining, mainly because it was more suited for hanging out and socializing rather than banging your head and swaying your butt all night long to some overly amped bass.

The place was dim, but not too dark, the music was rather low in volume, which was in favour for not over-straining your voice and ear-drums during casual conversations.

Alright, I admit, maybe I am getting old. Darn.

ROBIN, MABEL (Birthday Girl) and MEL

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




I got the chance to meet plenty of new people from this party. There was this specific group of friends I have known, through online gaming, but never met face to face yet. We have all been playing games for at least a couple of rounds every week, and somehow, not knowing their faces or who they are just made it a little difficult. As you all can guess it already by now (Hmm, I have mentioned Dota in almost every entry I made these days) the game was indeed DOTA, and in DOTA, we love killing people. I guess I just need real faces, not imaginary ones to visualize better when I want to KILL them in the game.

Vicious, I am.

Now this gathering was not just a grand birthday celebration, but an unoffical Dota Meet too !!

Presenting, the awesome dudes I have met over playing DOTA on Bored Aussie:

SHAWN, JOE, DARYL, Robin and CHARMAINE

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar





Gosh, its finally great seeing everyone.

A little later into the night, there was a live band performance, and the band was playing those radio hits from Blink 182, Three Doors Down, etc etc, engaging the crowd and turning the dance floor into a small concert hall. Man, we seriously need more of these stuff back in Kuching. Pubs and clubs here always feature local talents, performing and entertaining the audience, and I am talking about REAL performance and entertainment.

LIVE BAND

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Alright, the cake time. I still do not quite get it why there were 4 candles on the cake. Hmmm, maybe I should not think so much.

MABEL, THE CAKE and THE CROWD

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



BLOWING THE CANDLES OFF

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Mabel was surrounded by so many good friends, and everyone was there for her, and to share the joy and happiness of long-lived history of life celebration. Mabel, I sincerely wish you a blessed and joyful birthday, and may your coming years be filled with fulfilled dreams and lots of treasures.

Oh by the way, your Bithday Party @ Ruby Room ROCKS !!! Thanks sooooo much for having me there !!!!

4 comments:

  1. hey robin...

    nice pics and place..

    and u looked stuningly dashing there..

    haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey iwan,
    ahahaha thanks !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. more lenglui pic please.. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhahaa.. chun chow, me not so hiaw one larr....

    ReplyDelete