Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Perth Royal Show 2007

Side Note: Infectioner remembers me. I am touched.

Graduation has ended, and I believe everyone has had enough of me camwhoring in the previous 3-4 entries, with loads of pictures of me me me and me only. Well, you have to admit you will never get sick of looking at my beautiful face, wont you? Alright, in this entry you wont find any pictures of me camwhoring, I promise you.

If you guys think that I have silently taken a short break from this blog by rewardning myself some time to sit back and relax after the hectic graduation, you guys are half right. In fact, I was so busy entertaining myself with a series of events and activities over the weekend, that I could not find much time to blog or even catch up with other blogs at all. It was a long weekend, and I was happy I had time to take things off my mind for a while, and threw myself into happy, delightful things happening around Perth. I deserve to indulge myself sometimes.

On Friday night, I went down to the city with a group of crazy friends to catch the much hyped Musical Ballet Performance at His Majesty's Theatre, entitled Alice in Wonderland. The performance was superbly astounding to say the least, with such perfect arrangements of story telling, orchestral presentation and ballet dancing all organized into a spectacular entertainment night. Too bad, photography of any kind of prohibited, so no photos to show you guys. I was familiar with the story of Alice in Wonderland, and remembered quite a bit of the details from the movies and stories I have absorbed from my younger days. But having the story retold in a ballet performance with A-class orchestra music, this was truly something different.

If I am to tell you one thing I have learned from Ballet (this was my first time watching ballet live) is that.... you have to spin your body a hell damned lot. It is scary how many spins a ballet dancer can do...

Came Sunday, and my housemates and I went down to the Claremont Showgrounds to join in the crowd at the Perth Royal Show !!

PERTH ROYAL SHOW

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




We went to the Show in late afternoon, and goodness gracious, the whole place was flooded with so many people. The whole place was set up for one main theme - FUN FUN FUN. There were so many live presentations, performaces and demonstrations of anything at all going on everywhere. There were games, rides, bumper cars, and haunted mansions. This is like a fun fair, but mixed together with many other elements, like food festival as well. You find plenty of unusual food here too. Since it was on a showground, there were animal displays too, horses, bulls, cows, lambs and dogs. There was even dog tricks and performance show if I was not wrong, and many related activities around too.

I unexpectedly snapped over 300 pictures for that one day alone.

CRAZY RIDES

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



My favourite spot would most defnitely be the ground where all those crazy wacky rides were at. You get so many kinds of rides, those that shoot you up to the sky and randomly spinning you left right top down. Goodness, I would have gladly gone to one of those rides myself, if I was not carrying my camera and tripod around all the time. Nevertheless, looking at the facial expressions of the people, and hearing their croaking screams of thrill and excitement, gosh, I swore I partially experienced what they were feeling up there on the crazy spins. Of course, minus the dizzy part after all that spins.

BUMPER CARS

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



SCREAM SCREAM SCREAM

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



MULTIPLE LEGGED MONSTER

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



My housemates and I stayed on till night, we catched one of the live hypnosis show, which my friends found a little too much to believe to be true. Hah, they never realised the power of their own sub-conscious minds yet.

Night came, and picture taking resumed.

AT NIGHT

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Errrm, EYE ON PERTH?? Not quite...

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



SPIN SPIN SPIN

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



EVEN MORE SPINS

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar





This was my second time to Perth Royal Show, the first one was three years ago, in the year 2004. One thing that I remembered till this day was how breathtaking the fireworks was at the end of the show which was around 9pm. With no camera or a blog back then, all I could record was stored in the memory somewhere in my messed up, screwed up and broken down mind. I remembered it was the best firework display that I have watched in my entire life, and this comes from a boy who has not seen much fireworks (CNY does not count) so cut me some slack ya?

This time around, I was prepared to record the fireworks.

FIREWORKS @ PERTH ROYAL SHOW

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



The more interesting part was that, the firework was displayed with a set of musical backdrop blasted over the whole field. Watching the beautiful dark sky blasting into colourful bright sparks with accompanying music was seriously, a moment that would make you feel like you are actually worth something. Ok, I know that does not make sense, but hey that was how I felt, being honest here.

This was a little something that I bought from the Show. Could any of you guess what this was?

WHAT IS THIS??

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



For those of you who went to the show, please be silent !! Let us all see what people actually think it would look like without knowing what it was beforehand. I bet it should be interesting.

My weekend has been a wonderful one. Just too bad all those glossy sparkly feeling had to wear off once the weekdays arrive. How I wish, weekdays and weekends would swap in the duration of time. 5 Days Weekends, and 2 Days Weekdays. I bet there would be less grumpy people in this world and everyone would be happier should that ever happened.

16 comments:

  1. Was the entire Perth population at the Perth Royal Show on Sunday? Coz I was there too!

    I found myself fantasizing about your '2 weekdays 5 weekends'theory..if only ....(T___T)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey di !!
    Whoah... big head prawn !! Slurrrppp...
    ahahahhahhaa.. i think quite a lot of people i knew went there also on sunday !!
    yeah, my theory rocks doesnt it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. isn't that your diseased KKC?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey wuching,
    mine is waaaaaaaaayyy larger than that ok....

    ReplyDelete
  5. KKC! HaHA so polite?!

    again, i'm gonna say i love your camera and pictures. it really looks like some theme park in some video clip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey samantha,
    thanks.. and thats.. Mr Wuching for you.. ahahahahaha...
    There is only one trick I used for the night pictures... one very obviuous trick, which should not be considered a trick anyway. using tripod.

    ReplyDelete
  7. whoa. those pics! fabulous!!

    teehee~

    is that a chocolate and crushed peanuts coated banana?

    hehehe i was gonna say sausage but sausage and chocolate just sounds.. wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  8. aiyoh! Perth Royal Show still exists ka? Hahaha. At least there appears to be more attractions and rides nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey aaron,
    thanks !! we shall wait and see what everyone says first before i reveal the answer, ekekekkkee

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey millyvanilly,
    ahahahha, of course theres still perth royal show !! I am not sure if its getting better year by year because the last time i was there it was 3 years ago.. so yeah...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a lot of fun. Malaysia's fun fair sucks. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey jason,
    ahahaha, never really been to any fun fair in malaydia yet though.. but this royal show is really something lar. Just being there was a good experience.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'd like to think it's a choc dipped sausage coz bananas aren't atkins friendly. =P

    ReplyDelete
  14. choc coated your KKC lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. its a chocolate banana.. i js saw on tv yesterday hahahaa

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey chloe,
    LOL... answer shall be revealed soon..

    hey Ivan,
    Nah, U have underestimated my KKC.

    Hey Frank,
    what TV show is that?

    ReplyDelete