Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Post Graduation: After-Party and Friends

I believe everyone have had enough of the unintentional moody and emotional tone in the previous entry, during the Graduation Ceremony. Nevertheless, I did want to capture what I truly felt during that moment, and I want it to freeze so I will be able to reflect back and feel it again in the future. It may not be something significant for many of you, but to me, this special occasion holds a special meaning, and I really want to remember it.

OUTSIDE THE GRADUATION HALL

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Lets move on to something lighter, and more inspiring. Right after the graduation ceremony, the Graduands assembled at the front lawn, outside the graduation hall for an After-Party celebration, more like a casual gathering with family and friends over light refreshment. The refreshment included free flow of red wine, juice, and really tempting finger food. Unfortunately, I was so occupied that I did not even have time to stop by the refreshment tables for some nibbles.

Little did I expect people would actually turn up for my graduation. I know some friends would come, and some I have invited personally, but since this graduation was held on a much inconvenient Thursday night, with most people I know who are still studying in uni were pretty much submerged with floods of assignment and mid sem papers, I did not think that any would care to be there with me. I was wrong. More people came than I have anticipated, and half of them I would have thought gone missing.

Here comes the massive load of pictures.

CHARMAINE

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




LOCKLAND

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar





SARAH


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar





ZHONG YU

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar





FARHAN

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar






It is moments like this that I could feel life is not so cruel after all, and not all good in the world is lost. There are still some good people, and people who do care about others, and willing to sacrifice their time and energy just to be there for you, and be happy for you. This is the moment that I can reflect back onto and remind myself that I am truly blessed with friends, and never take them for granted. I have always thought that most of the people I know from uni were gone, since I was supposed to graduate one year ago, and part of me was afraid that I could end up alone. Thank goodness that did not happen, and it turned out to be one of the best nights of my life.


JOSHUA FONG

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




UNIVERSITY FRIENDS

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Kwan Chi, Ivy, Kang Wei, and Jacq.


JON

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



JASON

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




EDMEN AND JAE ANN

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




RACHEL AND JASON

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar





ESTER

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Since I have so many photos taken that night, not only with my camera, but with another good-friend's camera as well, (we are talking hundreds here) I could not possibly upload everything up on this single entry. I could actually, and there is a high chance I could grab myself a unique position in the Guiness World of records for having the most massive sized pictures in one single blog entry. Gosh, that would be so wrong would it not? But on another thought in contradiction, it would be cool too.


RAYMOND AKA LEMON

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




JOY

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



JOSEPHINE

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




THE DOTA KAKI

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Char, Shawn, Bao Jun


OCF-ers

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Lemon, Jason, and Will


RUTHIE

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



MING SEE AND RUTHIE

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



SMALL GROUP PIC

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Raymond, Josh, Jason, Khee Hwa, Ruthie, Glenna, Joy

So guys, if you do not appear on this blog, it does not mean I do not love you, or loving you any less than others. It is probably either the pictures turned out blurry, or badly lit, or simply because I never wanted to take pics with you at the first place or badly composed. I seriously appreciate the presence of everyone there that night, and with this opportunity, I stretch my sincere gratitude for you beautiful people.

No, unfortunately the graduation series have not ended yet. Is anyone tired of my graduation entries already? There have been three entries and .... still counting.

16 comments:

  1. wah, so nice la a lot of people attended your convo. and it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be eh? I wonder how mine will be? I better not hope for anything as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, Congratulations! And I'm so proud for you as a friend. You deserved the priceless scroll you struggled for while at the same time, meeting lots of true friends.

    So, I'll see you in February? Yes, Perth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Wearing that robe reminds me of Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow. heartiest congratulations, dude. you really and truly deserve this.

    and i'm so in love with your tie. it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey chunchow.
    Thanks !! I will try to make it to urs if I can, no promises yet. Would be cool to make it back and celebrate with the inti gang, ahahahahhaa...

    hey jj,
    Thanks !! Looking forward to meeting u here man, ahahahhaa...

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey daniel,
    thanks !! Well the design of the graduation regalia itself is rooted from the medieval era, similar to the robes used by the religious groups of people. So yeah... harry potter does come in mind.

    hey aaron,
    I bought that tie just for my graduation !! ahahahahaa.. thanks dude....

    ReplyDelete
  7. feel the glory! a full time working life is about to start. robes. anticipating the day i get mine. and it's gonna be black black black. ur photo quality is so good that it somewhat sparkles. 2 things to envy about. ur new chapter starting and yes, your camera.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the tie too (^__^)

    Can't believe you didn't have time to eat the nibbles though, I was easily impressed with the finger food during my convo and so were my parents ( could be that we're just a gluttony family)

    I feel that I should say congrats for moving on to the next stage of your life but it feels like the wrong thing to say, working sucks, I want to go back to uni!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey sam,
    thanks so much !! Its not so much of the glory though, its more of the celebration of an ending to an era, and welcoming a new one.
    To be honest half of the pictures were not taken with my camera, I shall blog about this in the coming entry. but yeah, I am loving my camera too !! ahahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey di,
    I wanted to go to the refreshment corner, but everyone else was gathering at another end, so its kinda hard for me to walk through the crowd. But yeah, I have been to my friends' convos and had my fair share of "free food", and of course, juice and wine too. Quite impressive I must agree.
    I have to admit what u said was true, about the working life thats not so looked forward to. Uni was definitely more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! I somehow found your blog looking through the Sports(?) section of BlogCatalog, but it's an interesting blog!

    Looks like you had a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey jayne,
    thanks !! But sports? hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Robin,
    Congratulations on your graduation! Its been eons since I graduated-but the memories are still as vivid as yesterday.
    Despite the negative reviews that people generally would have about UK graduation ceremonies (ask any of your friends who were UK grads), I personally feel that it is a befitting climax to end your university life and just like the important moments of your life, should be treated seriously and with dignity :).
    My mom and my brother attended my graduation for my degree, but not for my postgrad diploma a year later. However, I was fortunate to be surrounded by lovely friends during the occassion (just like you-look at your entourage! *envy) and they made the occassion totally worthwhile.
    Cheers again to your graduation and now, welcome aboard working life which would definitely bring about more trials, challenges, rewards and all the complexity of life's lessons which ultimately moulds us into the best what we want ourselves to be.
    May you be happy and healthy always.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey miracle8,
    thanks so much !!! Yeah, it was defnitely worthwhile attending convo, and the experience would be something truly unforgettable !!
    It was so nice of your family to be able to attend you convo, you must have had a wonderful time back then. Now is my turn to envy u, ahahahaha...
    anyway, i have never heard of any stories about UK graduation, I always have this picture in my mind that portrayes UK grad as being something very traditional and classy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey robin. i think i may know who joshua fong is.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey sam,
    joshua is one famous guy, ahahahahha...

    ReplyDelete