Saturday, September 15, 2007

Perth Fashion Festival: Fashionably LOUD

This week has been quite an unusual one for me, too many things have happened over the past few days that I felt the entire week felt like a whole dreadful miserable month. Is it not questionable why always time sure seems to pass even more slowly in the events of torture and suffering. Lets just say it has not been a good week for me, and I was seriously looking forward to the end of Friday.

And so the end of the week came, and goodness, you have no idea how much relief I could possibly feel right now. TGIF.

I guess stress at work is starting to creep in, and this is just the mere beginning mind you. I simply cannot see how I would be able to move on much longer, and going on many years from now, seeing that things would only get worse and worse and I will just be thrown into a deeper pile of crap the further down I travel this unknown path. Unknown, because I have yet to see any positive outcome. What have I gotten myself into this time?

Oh well, I guess it is something that I have to deal with, one way or another.


PERTH FASHION FESTIVAL

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Since its Friday, lets move on to something more cheerful and less demoralizing. I have found out from the Perth Fashion festival website on the info about the dates and venues of selectable free fashion parades for the public, and the first one I decided to attend earlier this evening was Fashionably Loud at Forrest Chase (just outside Myer, Murray Street). This fashion parade was organized by Myers, to promote their new wing which will be open soon, called the Basement.

This also marked my real attendance to a real fashion show, instead of the previous entries I made on fashion shows held in conjunction with other events such as motorshows and autosalons. Fashionably Loud was only one of the many line-up activities and events constructed to be part of the main Perth Fashion Festival which runs through the month of September. What a convenient time of the year, since summer is coming soon.

THE CROWD

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




FASHION IS FOR KIDS TOO

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar





Since I arrived early, I managed to secure a seat just behind the front row. This certainly enabled me to take close shots, but unfortunately the position I was sittig at was not the best when it comes to the fashion parade, where the models are facing the opposite direction of my camera when they reached the end of the platform for the pause-pose. Darn, i guess I just had to make do with what I have.

The theme for the fashion parade was based on Street wear, Club and Dance.


Here comes the Cats Walking. I mean, catwalk.


THE PARADE

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




I like how the superbly harsh spotlight fall on the models, creating a very deep contrast with the background. Of course it was not easy to take pictures in such situation. The only change I wish I could have made was to walk all the way to the other side of the stage so that the models would be facing my camera directly when they pose !!! Aaggghh, I think that would be asking too much eh?

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar





The parade was very, very well organized, the timing, and the whole presentation was nothing short of stunning. The models were very experienced and professional too, not just any ordinary models you pull out from the crop. Of course, not all the outfits being showcased were that extraordinary, but hey, those are just Street, Dance and Club themed wear. The entire place was jammed with people, and this was undoubtedly expected since the show was made for free viewing !! Who does not want free stuff anyway? And this is free, GOOD stuff !!


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




I believe one of the main element that added to the whole enjoyable experience was definitely the live music. Snowman, one of the local talents, performed live as the centre powering music to accompany the fashion parade throughout the entire show. This was my first time listening to Snowball, and I gotta say, they have very cool tues to their music. the numbers performed on stage were just fitting nicely into the whole picture of the fashion parade. And definitely, thanks to them, it was indeed, Fashionably LOUD !!

A video clip of Snowman performing....




Fashionably Loud was certainly what I needed to kick in some of the positive energy into myself now, after a whole week of disasters. The crowd was amazing, the music was loud, and they somehow drained off part of my sorrow just for the moment as i just give in to the beats of the drum and the strings of the strumming guitar. Of course, the main focus of the event was the fashion parade, which was nothing short of beautiful. An enjoyable and fulfilling Friday night it has been for me.

Now I am seriously thinking of going to the city again tomorrow for a few of other free Fashion Parades. if I do happen to be there, then there will definitely be continuation to this entry.

Now I am starting to wonder when I have taken interests in fashion. Hmmm...

6 comments:

  1. I never identified with TGIFs until I started working so I get what you are talking about.

    When one reaches the bottom, the only way to go is up, so hang in there, I'm sure things will turn better soon, hopefully for the both of us. (^__^) Enjoy your well deserved wkend k?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shots of the flowers are great!

    I was at the shows myself.

    David

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey in times like these, we all need to just take a deep breath and close our minds to everything that surrounds us. rough patches are ever present and we need to just ride the wave. i hope things will turn out much better for the both of us =). and besides, it is times like these that make u treasure your memorable ones like the ones i had in uni!

    anyway your video of snowball/snowman has hardly any sound! i guess thats why the show is called fashionably loud instead LOL!

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey di,
    thanks, hope things will be alright for u too.

    hey david,
    oh u were there?? hmmm...

    hey marcus,
    hmm, the video no sound?? everything seems ok here though, ahahahaha..
    thanks dude... yeah, guess the rough patches will always be ever present, we just have to ride it, no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the shirt "i'm afraid of americans" can be a political issue ey. lol nice top though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey samantha,
    naahh.. I dun think people here would view that as anything politically radical, but more towards mild sarcasm/jokes on what they view in the world today. Some of them can be painfully truthful.

    ReplyDelete