Sunday, September 16, 2007

Perth Fashion Festival 2: Fashion OVERLOAD

Side Note: Warning, LOADS of Massive giant sized pictures coming up !! If you are using turtle speed internet to view this page, prepare to suffer a slow painful death.

Obviously I did not quite get enough of the fashion parade on Friday night, Fashionably LOUD!, hence I decided to charge in for the subsequent lined-up shows the next day. From 1-4pm, in each hour, there were 4 separate parades by different organizers, showcasing their latest fashion and style wear in the market. These shows include:

1) Forrest Chase Retailer Parades - 1pm
2) Carillon City Retailer Parades - 2pm
3) Fashion Central Independent Retailer Parades - 3pm
4) Viviens Perth Model Search Semi-Final Judging - 3.30pm

As I have mentioned in my previous entry it has been a stressful week, and I compensated that with a grand total of 10.5 hours of sleep from 12am, waking up at 1030am, feeling surprisingly refreshed and good !! I guess plenty of sleep can do wonder to ones mood somehow, and lacking of it would just cause the opposite effect. At least this statement is true for me. Not to mention that the following fashion shows in the afternoon were very, very much looked forward to, and being there, witnessing the wonderful parades just made my day.

PERTH FASHION FESTIVAL

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




I could not stress this enough, and I had to say it again, those fashion parades were FREE and open to public !! Woo hooooo...

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



So I got my huge heavy ass down to the city, stuffed in a quick and simple lunch, and grabbed myself a very, very nice position in the parade hall, the Fashion Central Forest Chase. I sat just one row behing the first, giving me much freedom to shoot the models. I also made sure that the spot did not have strong backlighting spotlight to create the harsh background blinding effect, while the subject would be heavily shadowed. Those mistakes I made in the previous entry of Fashionably Loud were corrected, and improved in the following parades.

Since I have not that much background and knowledge on fashion, I shall just let the pictures speak to you. I have taken not less than 300 pictures, of which half turned out useless, and I can only select a few favourite ones to place it here.

FORREST CHASE Retailer Parade

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Since this time the fashion style was more general and covering wider themes, there were more variety of cloths and outfits to view. I believe the general main theme would be Spring-Summer wear, which was the focus of the design and fashion. Like usual, nothing short of beautiful was expected, and the models delivered the performance rather well. I was quite impressed by the standards and quality of the entire show, everything from the cloth designs, the model stage catwalk, the music arrangement, stage lighting, timing and overall organization. I seriously wonder if Malaysians can pull off similar level of standard when it comes to organizing a public event as grand as this. It was all free, might I add that.

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



I have to say that this time I was very satisfied with how the pictures turned out. I guess it all has something to do with experience, being there the night before has made me realize that the position where I took my pictures from can be very crucial, especially concerning lighting. This time, the lights all fell at the right place, and the pictures came out more well balanced. I especially like the intense saturation in the colours, and the deep dark background, which in combination made the subject stood out more prominently. On othe other hand, sitting at the second row did help a lot in composing better pictures, as I was practically much closer to the models.

Sticking around for the next show, I switched my seat to the other side of the stage to get a different angle for the other parades.

CARILLON CITY Retailer Parades

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



I am not sure quite how to describe this, but there is just something attractive and interesting about watching the catwalk. It has something to do with how confident the models walk on the stage, and everyone did it in their own unique ways. Some would smile and show their glittering teeth, while some would just give the emotionless cool face with attitude. Each character portrayed a uniqueness of the models, and even the way they walk and pose with style and confidence, somehow made the whole presentation very, very pleasing. Alright, this is coming from a guy who has seldom been to any fashion parades before.

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Well after looking at the pictures you have to admit that the models sure did look gorgeous.

It was amazing that I had been to so parades after parades the same afternoon, and not feeling any hint of tiredness at all!! Fashion is all new to me, not much exposure have I given into this unfamiliar field, but being there to see it happening live, experiencing the whole thing in front of my eyes and having the opportunity to photograph the event itself, all these just added up to the whole satisfactory feeling at the end of each parade. Man, I need more of this stuff to keep me going in this ever-frustrating life !!

FASHION CENTRAL INDEPENDENT Retailer Parades

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



It was amazing how I was not tired taking picture after picture. Each one of the design being exhibited was truly awesome, though I have not the right terminology of fashion to describe them, but I do think they were fantastic. Well, I had to give in to the main photographers of the event that did not sit, but stood in front of the stage, and they were there actively shooting away unlimited number of pictures since morning till late afternoon !! Man, I wonder how could their wrists take such work, if you have seen the size of their cameras, you would know what I mean.

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Alright, I think you guys have had enough of fashion for two entries already !! You know what, I am going to torment you guys with ONE more entry, after this one. Muahahahahahahahahaaa...

Coming up next would be the Viviens Perth Model Search, Semi Final Judging where out of the 20 semi-finalists, 10 were kicked out, and the other 10 were selected for the final round judging to determine the few winners. In the final event I attended, I also met some beautiful people, all I will blog about in the next entry !!

I hope you guys enjoy the photos as much as I enjoyed the fashion show myself. Have a nice weekend everyone !!

5 comments:

  1. take more bikinis dammit!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey chun chow,
    im so sweet and innocent wei...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow first photography, now fashion! i think u are gonna be the new photographer for Esquire magazine dude! never knew an engineering guy like u can be so artsy! keep it up! i think u make a really good photographer!

    -Marcus

    P.S: looking forward to your next post on fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey marcus,
    ahahhaa, thanks for the compliments, but the pictures are nothing worthy to shout about. Its merely a beginner's attempt if you compare it with other fashion photographs availabe elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. eBambi
    The Models - Photographers (but not only) social network.
    Join now:
    http://www.ebambi.com

    ReplyDelete