Friday, September 07, 2007

I Saw Shannon Noll LIVE !!

I was on my way home with a friend from work, as I was almost dozing off already listening to the drowsy tone of the radio lame music playing on the Australian airwave, suddenly it woke me up like ice water being poured onto my crotch as the DJ announced an event coming up that same evening. Shannon Noll was going to perform at Centro Galleria at 630pm, and as I checked the time, it was nearly 530pm already !! Dammit, if only I knew earlier, I would have gotten out of office earlier and rushed to the spot to secure a more auspicious position.

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



For those of you not from Australia, or anyone else who do not know who Shannon Noll is, well, he is the first Australian Idol runner-up, and has produced several number of albums over the years. To be honest I do not know much of Shannon as well, I am not exactly a huge fan of his, but I have to admit that his work can be outstandingly fabulous. Some of his older tracks have become my favourites, "shine" and "now i run" are constant looping tracks in my Winamp playlist even until these days. I think he has gorgeous vocals, and great talents in presenting power and emotions into his numbers. You can't really go wrong when you almost win the Australian Idol, can you?

THE CROWD

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Thanks to the last minute knowledge, I was rushing like mad to Centro Galleria, and the after-work evening traffic was not helping either. I was late, I reached the place at 645pm, hoping the event would be anything similar to something that can be found in Malaysia, but that was just wishful thinking on my part. People here are seldom late, punctuality is the way things work here. I missed out a huge chunk of Shannon's performance, but I managed to catch his final 2 tracks.

SHANNON NOLL @ CENTRO GALLERIA

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



How was it? It was absolutely fantastic, his vocals somehow is more vibrant being performed live. Though this was just a promotional feat and nothing near a concert quality set-up, but the show was surprisingly great. the crowd was deeply immersed in Shannon's voice. I forgot the tracks of the songs he performed, and the songs are new anyway, from his album that has not yet been released.

GETTING CLOSER

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


I was standing rather far from the stage, and the dim lighting was quite annoying to take decent photos. Nevertheless, all I could do was to crank up the ISO level and that resulted in some undesirable noises in the photos I took. Well, at least it was better than blurry and unusable photos. Man, if only I knew about this earlier and went there to secure a spot at the front row !!!!

AT THE END OF THE SHOW

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



All in all, it was worth rushing from after-work to the performance, though I only managed to catch the final two songs. I did not get to capture any videos, because I thought there would be another song coming up, and was going to record that in video, if there was ever the "next" song. For a non-Shannon fan, I did enjoy myself. Imagine how freakily crazy the fans could have been.

SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



On a separate note, on my way back from Galleria to the City Busport, there was this Japanese lady that boarded the bus, but she spoke not a word of English !!

The driver asked out loud: "Does anyone here speak Japanese?"

For some odd reasons, half of the heads turned towards my direction.

FUCKK!!!!


Then when I looked around swiftly, I realised that I was the only other Asian besides that Japanese Lady who cant speak English, and I replied in equally loud tone: "No, I am Chinese, sorry".

That was purely a mistake man, I should have just kept quiet. Now the other half of the heads turned and looked at me. I swear all eyes were on me for that particular unfortunate moment.

DOUBLE FUCCCKKKK !!!

Man, what am I supposed to do in such situation?????

Come to think of it, if that lady was a Chinese who cant speak a word of English, things would have gotten worse. I am one of the purest banana you can ever find in this planet.

Thank goodness she was Japanese.

12 comments:

  1. Ah, which part of Aus are you in?

    Lol, when I did part time at the hospital, I always got Viets and some colleagues asking if I could communicate in vietnamese.

    For some reason, it appears my face has this "charitable look" that all the chinese turn to if they're not fluent in english wtf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey jean,
    I am currently in Perth, WA. I take that you are in Aus as well? Well, at least u can speak Mandarin. I cant, so I would have been a worse victim !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! everyone in aust thinks that as long as u are asian u are japanese! well believe it or not there are americans who actually think that aussies go to work/school on kangaroos!

    shannon noll kinda reminds me of robbie williams. im not a fan but i guess i'd just go to the show for the heck of it rather than do the usual routine like zone out in front of the telly or read Robin's blog and thank him profusely for putting up photos of Perth. LOL!

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey marcus,
    aaahaha exactly, dunno why on earth would they generalize asians as Japanese... maybe its the impression they made in the WW2...
    ahahah yeah shannon is more entertaining than my blog !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOOL this is another of those "big sweat drop" anime expression scenarios. Hey remember to cam whore to support blog culture! Your argument in my blog made even me, myself speechless. it's the best point that could shut that weirdo up mainly because it's true. that person sounds like he or she is in somewhat denial. the word enough can mean "stop all together". gosh..

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey samantha,
    Thanks !! I just felt so awkward keeping silent not saying anything, so in the end i blurted them out !! Could not help it, ahahahaha...
    yes, you will expect more camwhore pictures from me, muahahahahahaha !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you know that you are famous now on the Shannon official forum shannonnoll.com.au cos they love your blog? lol..It came up on Google btw and me I was brought up in Asia but been here for years. I can tell you a few stories about being a banana!! LOL..
    Now I've been a total fan since Shan's Idol days and he rocks live! And Shannon is trying to break into US! Good luck but I always believe he will do so well over in the East too. He has a really humble down to earth nature that Chinese people subsribe to but most importantly his music is always meaningful and heartfelt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey anonymous,
    thanks for pointing out the links to the official forum !! I didnt know this entry would get such attention, ahahahahhaah....
    Yeah, im starting to love Shannon's songs more and more. Awesome vocals he has.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahahahaha.....that's funny!!! I remember there's once when i go Japan and not one person speak english. We ended up spending half an hour to 1 hour just to find a bottle of mineral water in the airport! But that was a decade ago.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey mark,
    wow, u've been to japan !! I wanna go too !! ahahahaa...
    that was an interesting situation too... just to find a bottle of mineral water ! LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  11. 'Does anyone here speak Japanese?'

    Osaka Ben Ga Wakara Hen!!!! :-)

    - Dabido! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey dabido,
    Errmm errrmm...
    watashiwa no understand what anatawa speak-oooo ahahahahhha

    ReplyDelete