Friday, September 21, 2007

Before Graduation: The Camwhoring

The DAY arrived, finally, after much desperate anticipation that unwillingly incurred a serious lack of sleep over the previous night. I am truly glad it arrived.

I purposefully took half the day off from work, rushed right away back to uni to grab hold of the precious graduatiion attire/costume, which comprised of the standard black regalia (gown/robe) and a hood, which has shiny gold accent to it. The different colour of the accent highlights the variety of faculties respectively, and for some unexplainable reasons, engineering is gold. Do not ask me why, but I do think gold is rather cool.

Rushed back home, pushed in lunch forcefully down into my throat, showered, and gathered back with my dear friend, Ruthie, who shares the same passion for camwhoring. Yes, you heard that right, cam-whoring. She was coincidentally graduating with me at the same time.

What happens when a blogger graduates from university?

The blogger shall camwhore to the maximum, of course. Such a simple and straightforward question, if you cant get the right answer, go swallow a bottle of pepper or something.

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



What? You ask why no Murtabak? I mean Mortar Board?

Murtabak is available at any Mamak Stall near you, but obviously there is none in Perth. So hence, no Mortar Board, or more informally known as the Square Hat. Obviously I could not answer all your questions, but if you really want to know, undergrads in UWA do not get to wear the special hats, only the postgrads have the luxury do place Murtabak, erm I mean Mortar Board over their heads. This is fairly odd, but this tradition is only adopted by most of the top universities in Australia, including University of Melbourne. Darn I am getting hungry already.

And guess what, since the graduation ceremony was held at 630pm in the evening, we had plenty of time to go around and camwhore !! Taking pictures have never been so fun. of many places, the obvious place to start would most definitely be the university ground itself. And so we rushed back to university after having freshened ourselves up a little, and started snapping pictures away. Uncounted numbers of pictures.

This, unexpectedly, was the activity and pretty much what we did, prior to graduation.

ROBIN AND RUTHIE OVERLOADED

Pardon me, must I must camwhore, for this was my special day.

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Alright, I think I have involuntarily tortured you innocent souls out there with a little too many pictures I suppose. I just could not help it but put those pictures up, I have so many more, but I believe if I put up more someone will be automatically kind enough to hack into my blogger account and generously delete all the pictures there.

Anyway, I really have to thank Ruthie, the partner in crime for camwhoring prior to the graduation, and for a few other things as well. 1) Thanks for being such a patient, and most importantly, a wonderful and caring friend over the years. I have known her many years back now, since the beginning of my university time, and she has constantly been there for me whever I needed her help. I, like many other guy-jerks out there have always been igonoring her, and under-appreciating her sincere help and gestures again and again. But she never gave up on her friends, and I guess no one can ask for anything more in a friend, and I mean it. 2) Thanks for convincing me to come to this graduation. I know, and I have mentioned a few times before, that I felt strongly to skip this convocation of mine, but I knew also in my heart that, if there was anyone, or anything that could change that decision I have made up in my heart, would only be Ruthie. In the very last minute, after having a long chat, and she finally managed to talk some sense to me. The nearer it wss to the graduation, the more I unexpectedly felt excited about the whole graduation hype. I was excited, and that means, I felt great joy. 3) Of course, thanks for being a camwhoring partner before the graduation ceremony. Not camwhoring alone for once, felt really refreshing.

That was a handful to say there, some pretty heavy stuff too, but all in all, I just wanna thank you Ruthie for being there for me always, and because of you, I attended my own Convocation, and it was one of the best things that happened to me. I just could not thank you enough.

ROBIN AND RUTHIE

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Enough of the mushy mushy dedication to Ruthie, now divert all attention back to ME !!

I am still gathering pictures from other friends who were present during, and after the ceremony. I am planning to compose the subsequent entries as follows:

During Graduation: The Ceremony
After Graduation: The After-Party and Friends
Graduation Conclude: Looking to the Sky

I am not sure if I will stick to those initial plans I have laid out, but for now, those sub-mini-entries seem appropriate to break down the whole graduation celebration into divisions to cover more fashionably on what I want to share with you guys. Nevertheless, changes may occur, and that may happen depending on the situation.

One thing is for sure, expect PLENTY of pictures coming soon. PLENTY of them. Do not say I did not warn you.

If everything goes to plan, the next entry would be:

DURING GRADUATION: THE CEREMONY

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Until I have enough pictures, and some time to catch my breath, I shall share with you the great story of my graduation. I am talking about a few days time, so there will be no update until then. This entry serves as a preview of what is to come. All I can tell you now is that, I did enjoy myself, through and through the whole process, and I just have so much to say and share.

Check back folks, and for now please allow me to tend to my much needed sleep.

16 comments:

  1. hmmm..no murtabak, no big deal..where's the magic wand? sorta reminds me of harry potter. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey plain ian,
    No wand either !! The cert was presented in a folder, LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Robin! Did u find the gown hard to wear? Mine was slipping all over the place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey di,
    Thanks !! Yes, it was sloping all over the place... crazy !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. safety pins to keep them in place ;) congratulations. glad u went. it's an experience that cannot be replicated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey serene,
    thanks !! but, the safety pin is not the only thing, the whole robe is falling all the places !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow robin that gown sure makes u look fat LOL!

    i can't wait to see your future entries on the convo! somehow i think i prefer attending other people's convos than my own LOL! just looking at your shots makes me feel like im over there myself. well...almost heh! nothing beats the real thing u know? and the closest it ever gets is reading your blog! keep it up dude!

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey marcus,
    FAT?? !!!!!
    Ahahahaha.. thanks.. but hey, wishing u were here too. Would be nice to have a pic with u, and post it up this blog !!
    The folowing entries would have to wait, collecting pictures from there and here now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey..
    i was quite surprised there isnt any mortar board..

    wel.. i learnt sometink new from u..

    hahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey iwan,
    ahahaha many people didnt know as well, but yeah, thats the odd things about certain unis in australia.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha! Seen a photo of you wearing a black and gold dress now! :-)

    Actually, I can't wait for the day I get to wear a graduation dress as well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey dabido,
    black and gold, thats a cheap brand of supermarket stuff is it not? LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  13. congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey waterangel,
    Thanks !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. congratulation! how come u guys dun wear square hat wan?

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey wuching,
    Thanks !! uni of melbourne also dun have...

    ReplyDelete