Friday, August 10, 2007

Birthday @ Little Creatures

There is this girl that keeps popping up on my blog from time to time. She was the one who cooked laksa to serve our recurring cravings for that local Sarawak dish.... she was the one who loves bubble tea... and above all, she is the one rare good friend that I have here in Perth. Knowing Sarah for many years now, I publically profess that she is one true gem, an awesome friend just to say the least.

It was her birthday, and we celebrated her precious day at Little Creatures, Fremantle.

THE ENTRANCE TO LITTLE CREATURES

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Do not let the outer look fool you, for those of you who have not been there yet. It may look like a factory/warehouse from the outside, but the whole structure holds a huge dining/drinking area that is usually flooded by humans on weekends, no execptions. If there is any special occasion, the flood would have been even worse.

Now take a look inside..

THE INTERIOR

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



OUR TABLE

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



We had a simple dinner, followed by a cake session. We chatted and basically just relaxed and unwind to the atmosphere of the place. It has been a busy week for everyone, I guess I just needed a time and place to escape to and just not worry so much about whatever that has happened and just letting all the burden down for a while. It was a celebration after all, and everyone was being cheerful and joyful. Making the birthday girl happy, is the ultimate satisfaction for everyone there that night. Seeing the smile in Sarah's face, I believe we all felt warm-hearted.

And oh goodness... the food was FANTASTIC !!!


STEAK, COOKED WELL DONE

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Actually the steak has a very long name, which I could not recall. My steak came the last, and everyone has either finished their plate or almost halfway done already. Therefore I tried not to take too much time taking pictures, as a result, all the pictures of the steak had very odd looking angle. I was in a rush to not make everyone wait for me, and after a few quick snaps, off I dug into the meat.

DELICIOUS !!!!! OMG....


After squeezing all the food down my ever bloating stomach, we had the cake session, where the waitress took out the cake lit in candles and as she headed to our direction, we started singing Happy Birthday to Sarah. I handled my camera to the waitress to have a video clip taken for Sarah as she blows the candle, but unfortunately, I do not think the waitress knew quite how to press the shutter button, and no video was recorded !! So so so so so sorry Sarah.... Yikes... never knew this kind of thing would happen. I must remind myself not everyone is camera literate.

THE BIRTHDAY CAKE

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




The cake was HELLISHLY yummy too. Chocolate overload.


Alright, lets move on to more pictures of the beautiful people who was there at the dinner.


SARAH AND MIKO

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




SARAH AND MELISA

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




SARAH AND CELINE

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




THE GIRLS

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




THE BOYS

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




SARAH AND ROBIN

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




To Sarah, I hope you enjoyed the night as much as we all did. It is always great celebrating birthdays with a terrific friend, and I just hope that you had a great time with us.

I wish you again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY !! Many blessings flowing your way my friend.

11 comments:

  1. ooh i've always wanted to try the food at little creatures, are the prices very high end ?

    the cake looks fantastic too, which cake shop is it from? must visit next time.

    Anyway, happy belated birthday to Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice dining place...You wont see anything like this in Malaysia.

    Was that a new camera you're using and did you use a slow shutter speed for these pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey di,
    yeah, the price is very high end, but for a good friend, its worth it. I guess people dine there for the unque atmosphere. To be honest I had no idea where the cake came from. Her other friends bought the cake, LOL.. and it would be rude to ask that in front of the birthday girl right?

    hey arth,
    yeah, this is something i find rather interesting.

    Anyway, yeah, I used my new camera for the pictures in that entry, and yeap, i used slow shutter speed. Full manual control rocks !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow robin. that steak is grilled to pefection. i love looking at the criss-cross effect on the meat. i mean, i doubt it contributes to the taste but it sure makes the food look a whole lot more appetising.

    and the cake looks so sinful. waduh. you and your food pics. i'm going to rummage thru the fridge after this.

    and again (not that you need reminding), the photography is nothing short of fabulous.

    keep it up dude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey aaron !!
    thanks for the compliments on the photos, but honestly they did not quite turn out to be what I expected, ahahaha, well, could have been better if I was not rushed. BUt yeah, the food was really GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. those big tanks behind the bar they put bodies in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey wuching,
    I know, thats why the beer they produce is very full-bodied !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. argh!!!!! all those food! and the glorious looking yummy cake! can die just looking at it =p

    I love your pictures lar...really captures the essence of the place *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey water_angel,
    thanks, but u exagerrated lar.. my pictures were not as good as I wanted it to be also, ahahaha... still need to practise more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you thank you thank you for posting an entry on Little Creatures! *slits wrists and dies*

    Little Creaures is like the ultimate hangout for me in Freo! Don't quote me on this but in the day its a real brewery and by night it converts into a restaurant. great place to work in cos u know u have to knock off sharp everyday in order for it to transform into a restaurant. interesting concept! i love its atmosphere with its super high ceiling and industrial decor. its a great place to go to more so in the winter nights!

    oh and don't even get me started on the people who work there. service is extraodinary! notice that they all wear party hats to distinguish themselves as staff. which frees them up to wear anything they want at work! no wonder they are so happy working there with that much freedom given to them!

    thanks once again for this kick ass post!

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey marcus,
    Waahhh. Little creatures.. I must admit they have something rather unique, the atmosphere and everything we just cant get else where.
    The staff.. Superbly sporting !! They are all cheerful and very very nice. Seems like everyone has the happy and joyful feeling, definitely the right place to go to destress. I must go there again sometime soon, ahahaha considering the amount of stress I am accumulating. LOL...

    ReplyDelete