Thursday, August 16, 2007

Another Birthday Celebration

I know I have been blogging about food continously for quite a number of entries, and I am not blaming you guys if any of you are starting to get sick of looking at food photos here. It just so happened that there was another birthday celebration, so we just had to have food for the celebration !! Every good celebration would commonly involve, good food, it is just tradition that is universally practised. So yeah, please bear with one more entry filled with food, and I promise the following few ones will be free of any traces of food. Promise, ok?

This time, we are celebrating a dual birthday of two gorgeous ladies. Sarah (AGAIN???), and Zhong Yu, both having appeared on my blog on several encounters previously.

So where was the celebration dinner at?

The Famous HOGSBREATH CAFE

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



To be honest I have never been to this place before, it was my first time there tonight. I have heard of the reputation for serving good quality western cuisines, but yeah, back then I was this poor poor student who survived on instant noodles and cheap junk food. Now that I have finally earned my own money, I thought it is time to try out some things I should have tried long time before, and catch up with all the things that I have missed out while I was a student. It was painful rejecting invitations after invitations to go out dinner or anything else with friends and people, just because I could not afford it previously. Without having the cash to spend freely, you can be pretty much left out of many important things in a uni life.

Alright, self-pitying talk aside, lets move on with something happier. Life is supposed to be a happy one, and we should all take joy in that.

Though it was a weekday, the restaurant was packed.

Most of the people there at the dinner I knew from the place I have stayed in previously, a residential college called Currie Hall. It was not just a birthday celebration, but a much looked forward catching up session with old friends. It is interesting how birthdays can bring people together, and do wonders.

ZHONG YU (Birthday Girl) and RETZ

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



RYAN AND SU FEN

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



RYAN, SU FEN and ZHONG YU

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




THEIR SIDE OF THE TABLE

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



MY SIDE OF THE TABLE

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



SARAH (Birthday Girl), ROBIN, MARCO, BUYO

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




I gotta say I was quite impressed with the service at Hogsbreath. the waitress came to our table and started with nice and very inviting chat, involving everyone. I personally love and adore waitresses who are able to spark up conversations and chuck in a joke or two on the spot, creating a very lively atmosphere for everyone dining in. Believe me, it is not something easy to do, and the waitress serving our table did a wonderful job, before starting to take our orders.

With starving stomach, we waited, and of course, the food came. Almost everyone ordered something different from each other, but I could only manage to capture picture of my own plate, plus a victim sitting next to me, Sarah.

SARAH's LAMB SHANK

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



I did try quite a portion of Sarah's Lamb, and I gotta tell you, it tasted so much better than any lamb shanks I have tried in Malaysia (not that I have tried that many). And for Chun Chow's information, its is MUCH larger than Westwood's lamb shank, and Sarah ordered a "medium" size at Hogsbreath!! There was large size, and I seriously wonder how much more larger could it possibly get.


EL GRANDE with FRIED and SALAD

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




OMG OMG OMG !!!! The food was so so so nice. Thanks Zhong Yu for recommending this dish. For a first timer, I truly think that this recommendation ROCKS !!! The meat was medium done, and there was still a hint of rawness in the taste. Just perfect, not too dry, not too moist. And you gotta admit the cheese cream dropping off from the top looks just salivating.


Alright folks, I gotta be cutting this entry short (does this count as short?? Hmmm) since tomorrow is a working day, and I am very very exhausted. It was a great, great dinner, and good to finally meet up and catch up with everyone again. Great food, awesome company, it just made my day. You can tell by their facial expressions in the photos that everyone genuinely enjoyed their time there.

To Zhong Yu and Sarah, Happy Belated Birthday. Many many blessings flowing into your way abundantly from heavens, and all the best in everything you guys are doing !!!

I shall end this entry with camwhoring pictures !! Not, not me, do not worry folks.

Nice pictures of the girls of corse.

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Upcoming entries for the weekends should be something out of the ordinary interesting, Make sure you guys come back and check it out ya?

10 comments:

  1. Give me back my lambshank dammit! Along with the hot babes too... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey chun chow,
    ahaha the lamb shank was not mine, ahaha go claim it from Sarah !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhh! the hogs tail fries!! yumss :P were the sliced jalapenos spicy?? they look so hugee o.O

    ReplyDelete
  4. ey san,
    yeap yeap, everything looked very very HUGE !! ahahaha and the fries was so so yummy too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. woohoo hog's breath! spore has one now but not doing too good. cold rock is also opening soon in spore but i doubt its gonna be as good.

    actually i think hog's breath is over priced. but the service is great! australian style can never go wrong!

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  6. you finally made it to hogs breath! your pictures make me want to go back and have a good ol steak again, but i reckon the prices are a bit pricey for me. maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey samantha,
    That is a secret which I cant give out for free, ahahahahhaa..

    hey marcus,
    yeah, u are darn right, it is over priced, this kind of places wont do that well back in singapore or malaysia, cant possibly put up any fight at all with the local chinese seafood restaurants and such for dining !!

    hey di,
    true true, the price almost killed me, but i figured, i must at least go there once, and try it out. Cant be in perth for so many years and never give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am hungry ... man, I'm hungry! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey fh2o,
    ahahhaha.. im hungry too !!

    ReplyDelete