Monday, July 23, 2007

Perth AutoSalon 2007

It is the time of the year again for superbly modified car fanatics to go head over heels and preparing a bucket not to drool all over the floor. On 21 and 22 July, there was the Autosalon, held at Perth convention center. For some odd reasons, I was there. Odd reasons, since I was never a fan of cars to start with. But I was there. Odd enough? Ok, never mind.

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Remember the previous entry not too long ago about Perth Motorshow? This car exhibition is rather different from the previous one earlier this year, the Perth Motorshow was mainly about original stock cars being manufactured, and it was kind of like a promotional event to bring the attention to the public about the new and upcoming cars. However, Perth Autosalon on the other hand is more like a lifestyle show, most of the cars were for display only and not for sale. The cars exhibited were radically modified both for performance and appearance, and basically everything else too.

Since my knowledge on cars is rather limited, I shall save myself from unnecessary embarrassment and just show you guys pictures that I took without much description. I am sure the cars can speak to you through my pictures, and you just chat with the pictures ok? I seriously do not know what to say about the cars.

A LINE OF CARS

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Heck, I do not even know which car is which, and the fact that they were all modified all over just did not make things any easier for me !!! I know I am a guy and it is not normal for me not to have an erection when I see a nice car, but you can just shoot me down if you have a gun. A toy gun I mean.

Ok, lets proceed with the rest of the pictures. For once, I shall talk less.

Upon the entrance, we were greeted by this gorgeous lady sitting in a.... dunno what car.

THE CUTE GIRL AT THE ENTRANCE

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



I think she is rather cute, so I took plenty of pictures of her !!

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Ok, enough of that cute girl. This is a car show, so lets go on with more cars.

CARS CARS CARS

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



I have to admit though I do not have that much attraction towards the cars, I did find some of them rather attractive. I really admire and respect the owners for spending so much, and putting so much thought, creativity and effort into transforming their cars from boringly original look into something stunningly delicious. You have to admit, at least some of the cars caught your eyes, and my photos are not doing much justice either. You just have to see it right in front of your eyes.

MORE CAAAAARRRSSS....

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



There were definitely hundreds of cars on display, taking up a few exhibition halls at the convention center. I took pictures of almost all the cars, but of course it would be ridiculous to post up each and everyone of them here. I only select the few that I think stand out from the rest, and the few that actually managed to scream out my name.

As I was walking around, besides hunting the cars, I was more attentive to the girls hired to model alongside the cars. Yeap.... car girls are always sexy.

Here is one...

CAR CHICK

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Well, of course there are plenty other pictures of the chicks, but I shall save them for the following entry. This entry shall be focused more on cars, and cars only. So to feast your eyes, there shall be a folow up entry soon after this dedicated only for the girls. *cheeky grin*

SOME MORE CARS

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Enough of the exterior look, now lets check out whats happening inside.

Some cars... have really cool stuff installed all over, top, front, bottom, back and even sides. Some of them, are overly exaggerated that you feel they seem rather... weird.

Things like...

LCD MONITORS

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Do you need THAT many??


DOOR LCDS

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Wah lau... doors also need ah?


SIDEMIRROR LCD

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Now this is.... -___- !!!!!

And why the heck would you need a...

WEBCAM !!

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



I know to some fanatics all those special features seem superbly sexy...

Maybe one day I will understand why. Or...

Maybe not.

A little preview of whats coming up next....

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar

Stay tuned folks. *slurp*

15 comments:

  1. coming up next, robin dancing with the naked girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey wuching,
    u wait long long lah

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow hot chicks! a blonde and a brunette! what cute smiles! did u get their numbers?? who the hell cares about the cars anyway???

    oh could u email me the photo of the Louis Vuitton car to my hotmail?? cheers

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey marcus,
    ahahha yeah who care about the cars when there were hot babes running around..
    anyway, i shall send the pictures to u soon, i am now at my workplace as I write this comment, LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those dancing girls look too fit for a car show. I'm sure they jog everywhere or bicycle everywhere ... so they don't need a car, so why they advertise them? lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey dabido, isnt that the only effective way to lure horny guys?

    guys like... wuching??

    Ooppss, I didnt say that..

    ssshhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice photo's!

    I was there, nice cars indeed.

    That pioneer car with lcd's in the side mirrors was a laugh.

    Do you think you could send me a couple high res photo's of the cute entrance girl? She was so pretty, and I need a new background :)

    Thanks mate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That being at darkr[at]iinet[dot]net[dot]au

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey chris,
    thanks !! I will send the photos soon.
    cheers mate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. how is it I could have missed out on this car show? I am surrounded by car buffs and I didn't even hear a peep about this event! Sigh... I'm so out nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey di,
    I must admit though they did not really do much in promoting the autosalon. I did not hear of it, until my friends saw people walking out from the convention center holding autosalon bags !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The yellow RX7 with the side mirrors is actually my car, not Pioneers. lol. The side mirrors are actually functional, there is a rear camera that provides feeds to the mirrors so you can see behind. ;) There is a whole site on the car at http://www.lerx7.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey danr,
    whoah, you own that car?? as much as I have jokingly ridiculed it, I did find it rather amazing. Great job on ur car dude... it was f**king awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. modified cars huh? are the girls the same too? DD cups, lipo jobs, bleach blondes... =P

    haha, i dont think u're there for the cars lah.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey chloe,
    yeah, I wasnt there for the cars alright.... but dun look at me "that way" lar...
    It was a HUGE event, and I just wanna be there to join the excitement.
    Ok I shall stop kidding myself.

    ReplyDelete