Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Glenananananaaaa

I know I have mentioned in my previous entry that I will be blogging about the Sorrento Quay, which is situated just next to AQWA. I felt that I just needed to blog about this event that happened one week ago, a huge celebration for a very well loved and special friend, Glenna. It was her 21st birthday, and I was invited to her costume party. The dress code was.... occupation !!

As expected, heaps and heaps of people turned up for her birthday bash. Did I say HEAPS??

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Glenna is really a wonderful person. Though I have only known her for a little over a year, she has surprised me on several encounters, each and every one of them has become meaningful and memorable !! I shall share one encounter, which I have already blogged about last year. It was my last day in Perth before leaving on Saturday, I met Glenna on the bus in the afternoon. I told her about my sudden departure, but I also told her that I would be there for my last OCF meeting with everyone the coming night.

Guess what she did? She managed to organize a simple farewell party for me that very night, and she baked a cake that I liked very much, the chocolate mud cake !! Imagine I only told her in the afternoon, and she managed to pull everything off. I felt deeply touched by her quick and really thoughtful response, and it was the first time I had a cake baked with my name written on it. I just could not thank her enough for that. For the event of my farewell, go to this entry.

Ok, enough about me, lets talk more about Glenna's Party.



There were weird games involving balloons and people....

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




The Birthday Girl, The Outlaw and the Cops

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Who is the cop and who are the prisoners?

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




You sure you know who is who?

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



The Sheriff, the Florist, and err....

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




A Frame of You and Me

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



The Medical Gang... Nurse, Doctor, and Surgeon

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Arent their Occupation Obvious? PHOTOGRAPHERS !!

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



The NINJA !!! Too bad she doesnt have a turtle back.

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Ok for the rest of these pictures, I have no idea about some of the occupations...

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



GIRL power..

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




In case you are wondering, I dressed myself as a Civil Engineer (which is who I really am now), or more appropriately a construction worker, with a safety vest and a helmet. I did not camwhore with my costume because the safety vest is reflective, and well, pictures just do not come out right with flash. Pictures would not come out right without flash too, dark indoor shooting.

I am darn sure everyone there had a blast for the entire night. The party started with some odd games, then with the interview with Glenna where Glenna gets to interview some unlucky randomly picked folks with some very random and hillarious but at the same time deep and meaningful questions. Right after all those crazy and wild stuff to heat things up, things moved a little further and more sentimental when three of Glenna's best friends gave their testimonial of Glenna in front of the HUGE crowd. Listening to the stories, one after another, through the funny ones and sad ones, and some really really touchy ones... I gotta admit I was nearing tears myself. I believe that Glenna is blessed with good friends, no.. GREAT friends around her, and the same goes likewise... herself being an awesome blessing to everyone around her.

The Hawker Gang, Glenns and Me

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



I guess what I liked most about the party was little to do on how fun it was or how we laughed till our stomach hurts. I get to know Glenna much better, through the wonderful and priceless stories that I do not think people will just tell over casual times. There came a time when the father himself shared two shockingly stunning story which involved the matter of life and death, and by God's mercy and undying love, things worked out fine in the end. Listening deeper to their stories, opening not only my eyes but my heart as I listened, I found myself seeing the hand of God working in this blessed family Glenna belongs to.

MISS UNIVERSE/BIRTHDAY GURL - GLENNANANANAAAA..

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



To Glenna, I wish you a Happy Belated Birthday. I pray that the Lord will always be with you, and you will continue to grow in faith, and the blessings of heaven be always with you and your family. As a friend, I wish you all the best in everything, and thanks for being such a caring and beautiful friend !!

You ROCK Glenna !!

19 comments:

  1. hey! i'm going to cali this weekend and won't be back until september...here is the website i was talking about where i made extra summer cash. Later! the website is here

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa.. that looks super fun. i want. heheh!!

    anyhoo, happy day glenna. god bless :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was hoping to see u dressed up in leather gears & chains! potong stim la..

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey aaron,
    it was super fun !!!

    hey wuching,
    ermm ermm.. u wait long long lar..

    ReplyDelete
  5. what??!! you're leaving perth?? not for good i hope! perth is so so so so wonderful! don't make the same mistake i did robin!

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey marcus,
    i think u are a little bit confused !! or maybe what i wrote was confusing, aahhahaahha
    either way the leaving perth part was last year lar... and i came back oledy. so no harm.. ehehhe

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh phew that was close! ya my bad hahaha! don't even get any ideas on leaving perth ok! biggest mistake u will ever make!

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  8. robin, senang nia. just use shorts and flowery shirt with camera hanging round your neck & straw hat. occupation: tourist. hee..hee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey~ you know rachel chew kah??? her pic is in the 2nd girl power picture! :D

    it's so nice of you to celebrate you friend's bday like that...she must be very blessed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. aiyo...wrong occupation liaw robin.. should go there then strip nia!! and become stripper!! i tell you, sure famous till all the girls there wanna....ahem... hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey marcus,
    ahahahha, yeah no worries, I will be staying here for a long time !!!'

    hey serenity,
    ahahahha but the problem is.. I do not have a shirt with flowers !! And its winter.... cannot wear shorts lar !!

    hey silveraven,
    yes yes, I know rachel !! She is my bible study group leader !! Small world eh? how you know her?

    hey chun chow,
    aiyooo, cannot lar !!! If its only all girls then can lar.. got guys ler... eeewwww..

    ReplyDelete
  12. robin is the girl in the kimono's name Jasmine? nice kimono. looks like a familiar Teresian face. what course is she doing now?

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey samantha,
    oh her name is rachel, and yes she is an ex-teresian... now in the same uni as me, doing dentistry. She has a younger brother your age, a josephian, quite hot too. ahahahhaa.... ok I do not know what I am talking about...

    ReplyDelete
  14. o, so what's her bro's name? Rachel Chew looks hot there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey samantha,
    The bro's name is Jason. Yi Hong knows him as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. rachel was an ex teresian band member ler! =) looking so beautiful now eh ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey water angel,
    aahhahha, yeah, the world is so small !!

    ReplyDelete
  18. heyz,
    how i knew rachel? choulyin just answered your question. :p she was one of my seniors in band. ask her if she remembers me!! hoho~

    dunno her bro though...did her family migrate to perth?

    ReplyDelete
  19. hey feli,
    ohhhh I see, im not too sure if the whole family migrated, but I will surely ask her if she remembers u and choulyin !!!

    ReplyDelete