Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Story of a Camera Bag

I know I have been away, but it was not that long of a break anyway, so yeah, now I am gladly back to blogging like usual, again. Not only was I not blogging when I was on the "hiatus" mode, I stopped myself from visiting and commenting on any blogs completely. Hence, I was indeed, really away from the world of blogging for roughly 2 weeks. I needed a break. I had my break, and it was indeed satisfying.

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Things were not working that well for me, and things were getting rough. I just needed some time off to sort things out, and reflect deeply into my own life. The break has been fruitful and now I am back, and refreshed. I will revisit all the blogs I usually visit out there as soon as I finished this entry. Do forgive my absence, but I promise I will make up for it.

Last Sunday, I tagged along Jae Ann who gave me a ride to church down to city after the morning service. She and Edmen invited me over for lunch with other friends, I refused at first but gladly joined later when my stomach started to grumble uncontrolably towards the later afternoon. Yes, stomach speaks louder than my mind, and when my stomach speaks, nothing can stop its command.

We had Korean food for lunch. Seoul BBQ Cafe was the place, which was situated very near the immigration department which bears plenty of unpleasant encounters for me. Nevertheless, the lunch turned out to be very pleasant. Just add the two important elements, good friends, and good food, and you sure will enjoy yourself anywhere, and anytime.

Adelina and Jae Ann

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Edmen

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Edmen and Robin

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Tabitha

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




I had Chilli Squid with rice, a dish which I had before. I was going to try the Fried Chicken, but considering the fact that the pricing on the menu was the same for both the squid and chicken, having the conventional calculative mind from Kuching, I opted for squid. Chicken is too common, and cheaper, and so not worth the price.

Bi Bim Bap

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Chilli Squid

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Fried Chicken

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Just as I was snapping away happily with my camera, suddenly Jae Ann pulled something odd looking out of her bag, and surely it had caught my attention. I did not quite recognize what it was, until a camera came out of it !!

I mean, look at that thing, its white, and rather shapeless !!

The White Bag

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Jae Ann proudly claimed that she made the bag herself !!! Now all you people who spent a fortune on fancy camera bags, eat your own pants ! What material was the bag made of? It was made of a type of cosmetic facial mask very common by Japanese people. Though the material seem fragile, but it does its job holding in the camera securely in place.

I asked her, what if the bag breaks? She said, she has MORE ! Hah....

How cool is that?

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Jae Ann and Edmen shared the same opinion with me that a camera should be brought everywhere we go to. Sometimes, there are just things that would happen there and then, and if you do not have the medium to capture and record it, that moment would disappear out of trace. Photography is not just an art, it is a source and powerful tool of preserving rememberance.

People, if you do not have a camera, get one !! You will NEED it, in one way or more. If you have one, why are you letting dusts piling up on the cover? Take it off the shelves and use it. Life has so much to offer, and you can share it through your photos.

10 comments:

  1. welcome back! you've been missed ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. besides the korean food, met any interesting korean people there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. that the same material you can find layering babies' cloth diapers!

    your friend super creative lah.

    good luck in everything rob.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey di,
    Thanks !!

    Hey sam,
    In fact, I do have a Korean as a classmate in uni... hmmmm..

    hey chloe,
    she is indeed very creative ! Thanks for the well wishes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. huh? sorry..i was too busy oggling your friend holding the camera instead of the camera, she's a hottie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wah wuching,
    not good not good !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanted to oogle your friend, but Wuching was in the way! :-)

    They're all cute friends. Introduce them to me one day. Bring them as dates to my Burpday party once I get it planned! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey dabido,
    errmm.. sure... but when is your burpday??

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the small camera bag your friend made and yes, it true that everyone who has a camera should take it along every time.
    You'll never know what coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey arth,
    A very creative mind she has !!! And of course, a camera MUST be used and brought along everywhere !

    ReplyDelete