Friday, May 18, 2007

Garden City

A little while back ok more like more than a month back, I decided to take a shopping trip down at Garden City with a good friend of mine, Sarah. Since Sandra lived nearby that area, I instinctively called her out for a meet up that I have promised her. Fortunately it was a Friday and she has had most of her work cleared off, hence free for an afternoon coffee.

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Garden City is one of the popular and frequented shopping malls here in Perth. I gotta say, out of many shopping malls out there in Perth, Garden City has the best looking interiors, and the design itself is not repetitive in every corner. If you open your eyes wide enough not too wide or else your eyes may drop off the sockets you can see that every part of the mall is designed uniquely and different from each other. And there is the sense of prestige and class here, just like something that distinguishes shopping in KLCC from Mid Valley.

Natural Sunlight

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Like all shopping malls in Perth, Garden City utilizes plenty of natural sunlight as their lighting in daytime, though the shopping mall is fully indoors. I wonder why the natural sunlighting has become a trend in Australian shopping mall, but I kinda find them rather cool. Plus the fact that the sun here do not get too hot 3 quarters of a year, so it is a feasible concept.

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




I have gotten my old number fixed here. Like most careless mindless ordinary boys out there, I misplaced my old sim-card. Since the place I am staying at is near the city, I went to the Optus shop in the city to get a new sim card with a new number. They asked me to call out their service center, and so I did, followed up with identification and simple instructions. The only setback was, well actually the whole annoyance of the process was that I have tried this process TWICE and none worked !! I saw the Optus shop at Garden City, told them the problem, and guess what? They only asked for my old number, and they fixed it there and then !! In less than 2 minutes. Now this is what I call good customer service. Screw those Optus shops in the city.

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Sandra promised me a cup of coffee in Kuching, which was brought forward to Perth and so I claimed it that day too. Cafe Latte from Aroma Cafe.

Aroma Cafe

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Cafe Latte

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Aaaahhhhh Coffee to wrap off an afternoon of window shopping, with a lovely companion some more, how much better could I ask for?


Man, I suddenly feel like wanting to go to Garden City again, though it is not excatly my favourite shopping spot. My favourites would most definitely be Carousel and Harbor Town. In contrast with that statement, the place that I visit the most often (shopping or just jalan jalan) is the city itself, since it is the nearest to where I stay at the moment.

Garden City shopping, anyone?

9 comments:

  1. hey great pics! i never did realise they used natural lighting. very environmentally conscious! i prefer carousel too cos of its layout and can always highjack the cinema hahaha!

    coffee looks great too! perth still has the best coffee. not like s'pore. lattes and cappuccinos here are all pseudo.

    -Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey marcus,
    I think the shopping mall that uses the most sun lighting is Centro Galleria, but its not exactly my favourite place, ahhhaaha...

    yeah, I have to agree with you, the coffee here in perth beats anything we can get in malaysia and singapore !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. me!!
    i havin holiday...bubble tea or icey ice?? =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey cynthia,
    anytime, just call me !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. heiyei...u should go live in a shopping centre!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey wuching,
    who knows 20 years from now I would own the largest shopping mall in the world !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha...sadly the coffee that day was horrible :x

    i was at garden city yestt :P shopping for stuff to bring back tsk tsk..and yesss im going home in 2 weeks!! :D :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey san,
    waaahh someone getting to go back kuching !!! so fun !! I also want....

    ReplyDelete
  9. [url=http://firgonbares.net/][img]http://firgonbares.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
    [b]2009 Mac Retail, [url=http://firgonbares.net/]you buy adobe photoshop[/url]
    [url=http://firgonbares.net/][/url] place to buy dreamweaver software market discount
    microsoft office 2003 download [url=http://firgonbares.net/]adobe photoshop cs4 extended trial cracks[/url] selling software to the
    [url=http://firgonbares.net/]windows xp[/url] acdsee pro
    [url=http://firgonbares.net/]student academic software[/url] european academic software award
    Mac FileMaker Server 10 [url=http://firgonbares.net/]for sale software[/b]

    ReplyDelete