Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Sarawak Laksa Away from Sarawak

Since I have been away from Sarawak for a considerable amount of time now, many of you would actually think that I am missing the local food desperately, and one of them is none other than the infamous Sarawak Laksa. I am about to prove those people wrong. Who says we cannot have Sarawak Laksa though we are not in Sarawak?

Thank goodness there is Sarah !! She is the gal from Kuching who came to Perth at the same time as I did, and she cooked Laksa from time to time. She invited me and many of her friends over for a Laksa brunch (ok, more like lunch since it was 1pm) which she whole-heartedly put her effort into making sure that the Laksa could measure up to the local coffee shop standards. She started preparing and cooking from as early as 10am. She made enough laksa to feed an entire football team.

Meko helping out Sarah

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Sarah on the Phone

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Enough talking already !! Here is my bowl of laksa. Aaaaaaahhhhh....

Sarawak Laksa. SYOOOKK Habis !!

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Another Angle

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




What is laksa you ask? for Sarawak Laksa specifically, it consists of rice vermicilli served with prawn based gravy and fillings like shredded chicken, shredded eggs, prawns and bean sprouts (taugeh). I prefer my laksa without taugeh, tastes MUCH better that way, not that I have anything against taugeh.

And here are those lucky enough to be there consuming the ever-super-delicious Sarawak Laksa prepared by Sarah.

HENRY from Sabah

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




JONATHAN from Kuching

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




MEKO from China

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




CELINE from KL

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



and of course,

ZHONG YU from Singapore

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




See, now people from everywhere can have a taste of what the mysterious Sarawak Laksa is thanks to Sarah !! I believe everyone thoroughly enjoyed that round of meal. Jonathan gave her Laksa 98%, saving 100% only for Chong Choon Cafe, which is reputed (unofficially by many sources) as the place that serves the best Sarawak Laksa in Kuching. Hah, how is that? Almost everyone had a second helping.

So did I. My second bowl of Laksa.

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Sarah had a new hairdo. So she wanted me to take a picture of her, so she can show that to her mum. And since the picture is captured by my camera, the chances of it being posted on this blog, is well, 100%. Everyone who knows me by now, should know this.

SARAH's New Hair and ZHONG YU

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




A Closer Look

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Don't they just look lovely in those pictures? Sweet ladies with delicious laksa just made the entire afternoon a sweet and beautiful one.

14 comments:

  1. wuah! looks so nice! i want! i want! oh & the laksa also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey wuching,
    waiseh... not good not good !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wah..dammit...laksa!!!! I want!! Does it come with the chick?? hehe. Tidak apa, tidak apa. Soon, I'll be back to kuching.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey chun chow,
    well, its more like the chicks come with the laksa, rather than laksa comes with the chick, if get what that means... ahahahaa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robin..
    I see you got pretty gals and yummie food..
    You lucky b*stard!!! :P
    Wuching jealous lar.. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey cynthia,
    ahahah I know wuching is jealous... he always is !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The laksa seriously looks good and I'm a laksa fan. Do the guys come with the laksa? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey aileen,
    Yes, the guys come with the laksa !! ahahahaha.. come and you shall have it... LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow laksa looks like kch one..not bad eh.. eat laksa wif cute gals...so nice! i wan i wan ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey frank,
    aahahhaa but still.. nothing beat eating laksa in Kuching !! Oohhh... perfect breakfast if u ask me, with or without girls !! ahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey rodney,
    Sarawak laksa is THE BEST !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was in Kuching last month and I had laksa for breakfast at the Golden Arch. It was awesome! I mean, the laksa :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey arth,
    Golden arch laksa is one of the best in Kuching too !! I love their thick gravy.... ohh heavenly..

    ReplyDelete