Saturday, April 07, 2007

Eating Ice with Cynthia

Side note: The mystery of Faith - Christ has died, Christ is risen, and Christ will come again. May Easter be the time to refresh, renew and reflect our faith thoroughly. Happy Easter everyone! Praise the Lord for He was risen. Halleluia Halleluia.

It was a miserable desperate Saturday night, that Cynthia and I made plans to meet up to Northbridge for a bubble tea session. We were supposed to meet up at 9.30pm. You see, I assumed that another friend of mine was delighted about the idea of seeing Cynthia and having bubble tea, hence he could drive me down. Unfortunately, last minute decision he made not to tag along, since he had a long day and was franctically exhausted. Bad. Really bad. I had to take a bus down, and it was already passed 9pm.

At the bus stop, viewing the bus schedule, things got even worse. The next bus going to Northbridge was at 10.08pm. I called Cynthia up, and asked if she was ok with waiting for a bit. Well, actually, more like waiting for more than an hour. She was cool with everything after I explained my situation. So we went on with the plan.


The Wall Going Up

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




I supposed by the time I got to Northbridge, Cynthia would have finished her glass of Bubble Tea. Darn me and my bad timing !!! Oh well, proud to be a Malaysian, to say the least eh?


We met up at approximately 10.30pm (yeap one hour late) and thankfully Cynthia did not turn into a lioness to chew my head and swallow me. Off we went along to one shop not too far away, the ICE SHOP.

The Place: ICE SHOP @ Northbridge

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar





I believe this place was newly opened, but it has definitely earned some reputation already. This new ice desert thingy is slowly making waves around the world, even in the humble town of Kuching, and some bloggers already blogged about the ice shops. The entire interior of the place was built on simplicty, and it gave out this whole feeling of neatness and plenty and plenty of space. At a glance, you will notice that the design was supposed to bring out the coldness and icy feeling which is well suited for the Ice Shop theme, serving ice based cold deserts.

Snow Flakes on the Wall

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




They have this really huge snow flakes hanging on one side of the walls. The giant snowflakes were lighted with deep shade of blue, something similar to sterilizing blue!! An odd choice of colour if you ask me, I would definitely go for baby blue, or something softer in tone.

The ICE

I had Mango

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Kian had Peanuts

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Cynthia had Green Tea

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




We tried sample each others bowl and I would say, we all agreed that peanuts stood out from the rest. My Mango was good too, and Cynthia's Green Tea was not too bad. However, there is something about me craving for cold stuff during cold weathers, like winter. I would go nuts for ice-creams during winter. No Kidding. It was rather cold that night, so yeah, having Ice was a good thing for me. Apart from that, there is nothing exactly that fancy about eating flavoured ice, but trying out something new, and doing so with a good company of friends made the whole thing a worthwhile experience.


Cynthia and Kian

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Cynthia is the Perth blogger, yes, "the" Perth blogger that organizes most of the meets and events happening around here. She is the one with the contacts and constantly making things happen. Unfortunately this time around, she is in her final year of studies, being as busy as she is now, I foresee not that much activity amongst us bloggers here, since the organizer had her hands full.

It was awesome catching up with Cynthia again. We could chat on and on for the whole night long !! We had not met each other so long that we just had too many things to say, and I guess the whole night was just not enough. She travelled to Melbourne, and went back to Malaysia too. I had so many tales to tell from the Kuching Blogosphere. We shared and traded plenty and plenty of Gossips of course, and that is the best part of all througout the night.

Cynthia Looking at the Menu

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




I got hunger attack suddenly, and we shifted to a nearby restaurant, and I ordered a plate of something to fill up my ever expanding stomach. Man, I gotta do something about this soon. But Cynthia said I lost a considerable amount of weight since the last time she saw me. Oh dear.. this is a good thing, is it not? Darn, but my tummy is not shrinking either way!!

Enough about the guilt trip, lets look at something sinfully oily.

Beef Fried Rice

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Lovers Beyond a Glass of Water

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Thanks so much Cynthia for waiting for one hour meeting up that night. I certainly had an awesome time catching up and the best of all, gossiping !!!! We must, must must meet up soon, and maybe this time with other Perth bloggers too ya? Man, can't wait to see everyone again. I miss you all !!!!

Cynthia and Kian

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




They look so happy together eh?

It feels good to be back and blogging in Perth again. After all this blog was started here in Perth, and being the birthplace, it does have some significant meanings to this blog. Perth has become a special place for me, and all I can hope now is for everything to go smoothly.

15 comments:

  1. cynthia had a new hair cut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey wuching,
    ahahhaa and believe it or not she wants to make it even ahorter !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wah sai! those photos are very nice. Yeah..might get another hair cut after my clinical placement.

    im hell busy at this stage. we catch up after placement ..we go icey ice again! it is yummie. icey ice is the new black!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey cynthia,
    Thanks !!! Yeah, I wanna have the whole bowl of peanuts for myself !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah... The ice! You didn't manage to visit the one in Kuching and manage to visit the one in Perth eheheh...

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey irene,
    yeah, i did not even know there is one in kuching until i read some blog entries about it !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ice shop does resemble the Igloo Ice shop in Kuching. I went there for green tea ice which looks a lot like the one in your pictire but not in a glass bowl. The rice looks yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey creart,
    yeah, i notice the way they serve the ice in kuching was different also, ahahahaa....
    oh well, i hope by the time i get back kuching the igloo thing is still up and running !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the green tea looked like cabbages. seriously leh. i think we, Malaysians should start adopting the whole punctuality thing. it's not good leh to make people wait. hehe.

    cheng sim

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey cheng sim,
    sometimes got unforeseen circumstances mar... ahahaha
    wah lau eh.... cabbage???? U have better get your eyes examined !

    ReplyDelete
  11. The ice looks amazing, hope we get it here in Auckland!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey lengx2,
    Hmm... i think this ice thing is still new, maybe they will slowly spread and you will have it everywhere like bubble tea !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. my goodness the ice cream looks sooo good!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey nicktay,
    yeah it is GOOD !!! But its not ice cream though.. just plain ice with flavas !!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The article was very interesting and informative for me. weight loss Read a useful article about tramadol tramadol

    ReplyDelete