Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A Girl Drinking Bubble Tea in the City

Ah the joy of returning to Perth, and finding almost everything the same as they were before I left. Unfortunately, not everyone I know are still around, some people graduated, some people left, and some people just simply disappeared. I did not have the chance to say goodbye to everyone, since I myself have been suddenly away for so long. Coming back this time, I am even more grateful to see and know that, I still have friends here.

DEVIL owning your SOUL

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




I have spent much time lately visiting and meeting up old friends I knew from Perth, and catching up with the lost times over coffee or lunch. It is interesting to see the progress in peoples' lives, and how they change and go on further in their journeys.

Of all the friends that I came with the first time when I started university education, those friends I have known from Inti who had credit transfers to UWA under the same engineering batch as me, there is only one person left. Her name is Sarah, and you may have heard or seen her enough previously in my blog, both when I was in Kuching and Perth.


Honey Milk Tea with Bubbles

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Watermelon Snow with Sago

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




On a windy and chilly day, we took a bus ride down to Perth city, and walked up to Utopia, Northbridge for a glass of Cold Bubble Tea. Yeap, the weather was cold, and we just could not help it but have a cold drink. It was indeed sad, first Chun Chow left, then Wei Thien, and basically everyone else, and now only left the two of us from the original branch of friends. Of course, our network expanded over the years, and new circle of friends occupy most of the voids, but still, things just do not seem the same without the same people we used to hang out with. I am sure Sarah feels the same too.

This is Sarah

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Sarah Holding up Her Bubble Tea

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Sarah Sucking the Straw


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



On the way back from the Bubble Tea, I suddenly felt a hunger attack, and since it was near dinner time, we decided to stop by Taka, a Japanese Restaurant that we students would love to frequent in Perth due to its low prices but good quantity + quality servings. Who needs Sushi King when there is Taka? Aaaahhhh, this is yet another unfair comparison, but still, when you have good food, you will learn to appreciate it. If only the same applies to friends and people in general, life would be much simpler, and the world, a better place. No?


Eel Don @ Taka

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Salmon Hosomaki Sushi

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




We spent the entire afternoon chatting, and looking back into our past years in university, lamenting on how stressful and miserable our lives had been at times, when everything seem so wrong. Oh well, university life, what would it mean if there is no pain and suffering? Now that both of us are out of studies and academic life, somehow, it does not feel quite right, it is as if I am still stuck some place, and not moving that much further from where I was left.

Career life, are we actually prepared for this next phase after tertiary education? To some people, they afford the luxuries to opt for other alternatives, such as furthering studies to postgraduate level, or starting a business and many other different paths which all start from persistent ambitions. I, on the other hand, do not see much of a choice. Whether I feel like it or not, I have to fight my way to start a career as an engineer. It is foolish to take other paths with risks, knowing well those risks would eventually kill you.

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Career is a challenge. Heck, every single next step in our lives, no matter how small or big, will be a challenge. For those kiasu and kiasi Singaporeans (I did not say all) they would LOVE challenges and they welcome them with open arms. Sadly, or rather thankfully, I am not one, and hope will never be one of those.



Sarah giggled at the idea of how much energy and time being sacrificed, just to obtain that one piece of paper. To some people with more "advanced" brains, they are lucky indeed. For us mere mortals, it was not an easy task. It is unfair how this world works, and gosh, being alive for so long, I can honestly tell my children in the future from young NOT to expect the world to be fair. The amount of work will never be equivalent, and will always be much less than expected in the output. This is just a simple sense, that once the concept is grasped early enough, would save ourselves from too much misery.


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




You see, even when I finished my uni in July 2006, I could not get that one piece of paper. I did not do my industrial training in time.

I had to return to Malaysia last year in September, I got myself an attachment with a company and completed my professional practicum.

And now I am back to Perth, SQUUUUEEEZZZZINGGGG that piece of paper out of that one miserable University !!!

GIVE ME MY BLARDY DEGREE DAMMIT !!!!


Well, after much running around, and fake smiles, finally...

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




And whats inside..

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar





Coming soon, Autumn Graduation in University of Western Australia.