Saturday, March 17, 2007

Deep Blue Skies of Perth

It feels darn good to be back in Perth. Though uncertainties and much drama still lie ahead awaiting eagerly for me to stumble upon them, I must confess that somehow, I felt there was nothing much left for me at home, back in Malaysia. I am not talking about family or friends, I am generally referring to life. career and looking at the overall picture in a quick glance. Not that home means nothing, it was an awesome place, and irreplaceable one, and always will be. I just felt that, opportunities are very restricted and well, I just want to dive in into the bigger ocean.

The Landmark: CLOCK TOWER

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



On my first day in Perth, after settling down my old place nicely, and did some errands, I went to my university to tend to a few important matters. As I walked around the place, I could not help but be reminded of my previous years in the uni, my sufferings and pain, as well as the good and memorable times, all mixed up the my journey of pursuing just that one piece of paper. Life in uni has been a bittersweet one. Above all, I think it will be one that would leave one of the most powerful impact on my life, and it definitely has changed my perspective on life, and taught me to be a more open minded, and open hearted person. I have lost a lot, but I have gained much from this path that I travelled.

The Greeneries

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




The Winthrop Hall

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




I have never actually blogged about the University of Western Australia properly before, though I have mentioned about it briefly elsewhere. I do not see the point in blogging about the uni, not that there is much to say about it anyway. I was privilleged to study here, and I do consider myself loving the uni, as much as I hate the engineering life and all the sufferings that I endured thoughout the years. The academic standard and systems are remarkable, though not one of the best in the world, not even in Australia. The campus is large, with good sceneries, but not the biggest and the most beautiful one around. What actually made the university stood out, is mainly because it is situated at Perth, Western Australia, and I do consider Perth as one of the best places to live in the world.

This is just a short intro, and a quick glimpse of what University of Western Australia (UWA) is like. I shall have more pictures and better descriptions in future entries.

Here are the following entries, based on my short trip to KL and Malacca, lining up right after this one in no particular order, coming soon, brought to you exclusively on robinwong.blogspot.com:

Mini KL-Bloggers Meet

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




My First Sushi King Experience

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




My first Malacca Satay Celup Experience

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




I may not update my blog as often as usual these few days, since I am still busy running some important matters and settling down. Of course, in the midst of all, one must take time to look into the mysteriously clear and deep blue skies of Perth.

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



I just love clear, blue, cloudless skies. There is the feeling of limitless distance stretching forever, ending in the hue of impossible blueness. There is so much more up there, so much that I do not even know, or understand. If only a robin could stretch his wings and soar far into the endless blueness.

4 comments:

  1. that pic of u with the gals...u look just like 1 of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey wuching,
    really? which one of them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you're settling back in happily in Perth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey fh2o,
    Thanks a lot !!! When you come to perth do look for me !!!

    ReplyDelete