Sunday, March 25, 2007

Cottesloe Sunset

Oh dear, I think I may have blogged about my short trip in KL a little stretch too lengthy, considering the fact that the trip was an unexpectedly short one. I departed KL on the evening of 15th March, and safely landed on Perth on the following day, early morning of Friday, 16th March. That marked yet another beginning of a life, which I have eagerly anticipated, and fought this hard to come this far. Perth, here I am.

People Everywhere @ COTTESLOE

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




View from a Distance

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Coming back here does feel a little unusual, because I have spent a great deal of time back in Malaysia since my return last year, developing a much deeper connection with the place this time around, and as much as I love it here in Perth, Kuching will always have a special place in my heart for it has been my hometown. Being heavy hearted as I was, I travelled, and found my way back to this life which is full of the consequences caused by my previous choices. Choices that I have made, knowing fully that not everything will go as planned, and dealing with them has become somewhat a challenge that I should not run away from. Of course, whatever outcomes that may turn out to be, are not for me to determine and change, but rather to embrace and just walk along with an open heart, and learn to deal with whatever consequences that resulted from that choice no matter where it leads me to. I made the choice. I got myself here. So I just have to keep on walking.

Sometimes, I do wonder what it is like on the other road which I have not chosen.


There are times in life that you are so burdened with many thoughts and worries that your mind has been stringed to its widest limit, you just wish you could get away sometimes, and forget everything for a while. Take a pause. Take a break. screw kit kat Breathe in some fresh air, empty your mind, no worries, no troubles, no traumas, and no dramas, just plain peace, and quiet that everyone so deperately yearns for.

More People @ COTTESLOE

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




HOUSE on Sand

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




I do admit that my past 3 years in Perth was not a smooth sailing experience. I was on the verge of quiting uni, and giving up the entire opportunity more than once, and things were looking pretty horrible back in those times. Hopelessness was what I have gone through unwillingly, and such feeling of helplessness was not doing any good in shaping up who I have become today. I was never proud of many choices and decisions I have made, or the things I have done. Neither did I deserve the torture and pain I was going through. I admit I went through episodes of severe depression, and suicidal thoughts accompanied me to sleep night after night. Being in an entirely strange new place, with not many people I could trust and talk to openly around, things just seemed dark, very dark.

It was in those times of heavy thinking that, I have discovered the joy of going down to the beach.

Deep BLUE Waters

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



From the place I stay, Cottesloe Beach is just 20-30 minutes bus ride away, and the beach is opened to the public. I find rest, and often let all my worries fade away as I just lay down on the soft white sands, listening to the thundering waves, watching boobies and looking to the impossibly deep blue skies, which is clearly reflected on the waters of the ocean that stretches as far as your eye can see. I do not know quite how to explain, but beach does have a healing effect on the mind, and it does good for me, refreshing me and somehow I do feel energized even just by being there doing nothing at all.

Is it not odd that the edge of the land, the opening to the waters can be such a popular spot for people to flock and flood into, making it such a popular place for all sorts of activities. Each and everyone of the activities result in so much fun and excitement, and just observing them from a far I could not help it but smiling not only on my face, but also from the inside.

Lazing off on Sand

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



I have sought comfort at the beach, and find temporary peace, in which I gathered every bits and pieces of strength that is left in me to move on in this fast faced life. The beach means a lot to me, and it has reminded me of how I survived and triumphed over the tough times. It has this element of serenity and perfection that are just beyond description of any words. By just looking into the sea and the skies, I can actually feel, and I know that there are so much more in this world, and there are greater things, and greater powers out there than just who and what I am. There is so much that I could do, but there is so much more that I could not. There is so much I know, but even more that I do not know.


SUNSET @ Cottesloe

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Sunset Catch

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




I guess the lesson that I gained would be accepting the weaknesses, setting aside the pride, learn from the mistakes, and do what I can within my power and capabilities to deal with the current situation. Things will usually find their way around, one way or another, and if we have done enough, there is nothing more we could do. The waters will always remain blue, and the waves will always crash on the shore. The birds will still fly high and scream like there is no tomorrow. The world goes on, so must we.

Looking to the sky @ COTTESLOE

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



I would stay at the beach, all the way till sunset, watching the sun dropping into the far end waters. It is such an awesome view, and for those of you who have never watched sunset on waters before, you will be surprised on how fast the sun drops into the water. It was as if the ocean swallows the huge almighty sun, in just the matter of seconds. It also signifies how fast time moves, and how things can change in a small time frame. Day gives way to night. Nothing lasts forever.

So, anyone interested in joining me on looking to the skies of Cottesloe?

10 comments:

  1. hot chicks and hot sun :P

    have yet to go there!! perhaps one fine day later into autumn hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey sandra,
    wow.... i have just updated the blog like.... few minutes ago.. u are FAST !!
    u must go there !! Its my favourite beach, ahahahahahaa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice place, hot sun and blue water. Not only is the moon bigger overseas but the beaches there too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey daniel,
    well, the beach isnt exactly that big, but at least it is quite accessible by the public, and not that far from the city. that is why you see that many people there !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. where's the naked bathers?

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey wuching,
    I am so sweet an innocent one lar weeeii....
    I where got so hiaw one,ahahhahaa of course, some of the more interesting pictures are kept in my own private collection...

    ReplyDelete
  7. yo.. got some wonderful pics there.. especially the fishing rod wif the sun background.. and the palace by the sea.. hahahha

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey jason,
    thanks !! if u come to perth will sure bring u there !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cottesloe is a beautiful beach... with hot beach babes..more bikini pics pleaseee hahahahaaa ....enjoy while u can b4 start working. perth looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey frank,
    Both of us know that pictures can look better than real life, aaahahahhaa, but its a nice beach, and its open to public.
    waahh bikini pictures, cannot lar !!! Later those girls come sue me susah leh..

    ReplyDelete