Monday, December 11, 2006

Something Fishy This Way Comes

A few considerably huge events took place in Kuching over the weekends. Alright, maybe the magnitude of "huge" in Kuching differs significantly in comparison with other places in the world, but the definition of huge here simply implies the ability of the events to atract and pull in a crowd. There was the PIKOM PC Fair, with nothing to shout about since I am cashless at the moment and can't purchase anything no matter how cheap they are priced with such a cramped restricted venue, with unimpressive variety of goods on sale, and not to mention heaps of people flooding the area as if there was free diamonds and cash giveaway or something. Yeah, I went, and and I was so tempted to buy a new camera and laptop I left the place soon enough.

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Besides the PC Fair, which was nothing in comparison with the ones in KL, there was this cool pet/fish exhibition happening right at the corner of Kuching Waterfront. And so I moved my huge heavy ass and walked (yes, I walked again) all the way down to the venue, and just to discover a few tiny fishes swimming merrily inside mini aqua tanks. I may not be a fish expert, or a fish lover, but I think I have enough knowledge to comment that, the show was such a flop. Well, the fishes on display, are common, and many are kept at houses all around locally. Honestly, I have seen more fishes in the aqua tank of a Fish and Chips restaurant in Perth, Cicerello (click).

Alright, I should probably stop my whining and the unfair comparison between humble Kuching and other places. And I should shut up and just go on with the photographs that I took.

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Somehow, the fishes seemed a little bored..

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Not that they could get to do anything interesting, like meowing or playing with a ball or something...

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



They just swim and swim and swim.. and their eyes stare blankly into no where.

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar






I don't know bout you guys, but all I could think of looking at those fishes...


is plainly this... and this only...


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Maybe I should have eaten before I went to the event. Hmmm... but you gotta admit, the cooked version looks nicer and tempting.

Maybe I should add a little salt-compound into the tank waters, and charge up the electrodes, and submerge them into the water.... and record in video what happens to the fish soon after...

Who knows, maybe their head would explode or something. Now, that could be interesting.

OK, I better stop myself before some fish-lover-addict come chasing me with a chainsaw or something.

Side Note: Sometimes, we can be overly excited to do certain things, but sadly held back, with lack of enthusiasm and willingness from others. It is just odd to have people drifting away from whom we used to know so well. The way people feel about things, can change, like the changing seasons in fashion and body-wear. As for me, as unbelieveable as this may sound, I am now still wearing the same T-shirt I wore since secondary school days. And I am happy about it.

10 comments:

  1. Lol. To think you actually think of that when u see the fishes (=

    Funny cus when i was there i didn't see that many fishes. Must have been half asleep...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey san,
    oh you were there too !!! ahahahaa...
    a little dissapointing right the event.. probably u missed that one corner with all the fishes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wise men think alike! The only fish that I like are those served on a plate!!! Gosh! Those fish and chips look delicious!!! Where was that? Westwood? Or the other place...Richmond??? Must go next time I'm in Kuching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey suituapui,
    whoah... u love fish and chips too.. actually that was from westwood, i prefer the one from richmond.. the meat is less "mushy" from the inside.
    where are u now? when u coming back to kuching?

    ReplyDelete
  5. oo..i love fish but not to eat lah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey wuching,
    ooooo... someone doesnt like fish....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehe I like the fish and chips part LoL

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey merv,
    yeah, fish and chips !! but i havent found good fish and chips in kuching yet.. sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey robin.. i think the junk's fish and chips are pretty good though - as almost everything from the junk is - a tad pricey.

    but nothing, and i mean NOTHING in the entire sense of the word, could possibly beat the fish and chips my dad bought me in edinburgh. jeez. thick breaded deep-fat fried hunks of white fish with fresh chips sprinkled with salt and a dash of vinegar.

    oh man.

    excuse me while i rummage thru my fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey aaron,
    heard that junk is haunted.... never stepped in there yet.. ahahhaha
    the best fish and chips so far i tasted definitely from Perth.... Cicerello.. oh goodness.. now I do miss perth badly..

    ReplyDelete