Monday, December 04, 2006

Kuching Bloggers Meet Suzie

It was one fine Sunday afternoon that Suzie, who recently returned to her hometown Kuching from Orlando for holidays, decided to have a casual meet up with the Kuching bloggers at her place. Yeap, as unusual as this may sound, the bloggers meet this time was not at any cool awesome cafes or restaurants, but rather at a newly established private residential apartments. I myself have not been to this particular residential spot, hence my first trip there proved to be rather interesting. The view from Sue’s balcony is nothing short of breathtaking, green pastures and blue, blue waters of the pool. Somehow for a moment there I thought I was in somewhere else, a resort far away from Kuching. It was very peaceful there, and the isolation is much sought after by many people who live their lives in such fast paced world nowadays.

The PLACE

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




We (quite a number of us) flooded Sue’s living area, and we chatted from late afternoon till the sun sets. We got to know each other better, and of course, we get to have stories delivered directly from Sue and her precious experiences in the US. We talked about blogs in general too, and why Sue loved food blogs so much. We talked about all kinds of food, and we discovered how well Sue can cook Italian !!! We talked about how small the cakes are in Kuching and how ridiculously expensive the food can be here in comparison of living standards and lifestyle. We talked about career and of course, relationships. We talked about how slow Malaysian Television series (and almost everything else) are in comparison to the rest of the world, and we talked about how much Kuching has changed with the availability of new cafes and restaurants. We talked about a lot of things. I guess we bloggers can talk on FOREVER !!


The PEOPLE

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Above all, we also talked about how much we love our sweet home Kuching, our favourire Kuching Kolok mee and Laksa (oh dear, Sue had laksa every single day till she lost her voice).

Alright, here comes my signature trademark of introducing everyone with individual portraits with the name and blog links.

IRENE LAW of http://www.irenelaw.com

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




ANN aka LUXFERI of http://www.translucent.ws
(Jee at the back)

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




KIM of http://miracle8.blogdrive.com

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




NAOMI of http://www.naomitham.blogspot.com

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




CHUN CHOW of http://chunchow.blogspot.com

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




FRANK of http://frankiecy.blogspot.com

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




ALLEN of http://a2blog.blogspot.com

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




KENNETH of http://www.kenjj.com

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




IVAN of http://talesofagecko.blogspot.com

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar





It was my first time meeting Irene, Ann, Kim, Alan, and Frank. I am a constant reader of Irene and Ann’s blogs, and I was really looking forward for this meet. I have read so much about what they wrote in blogs, and it was like we all know part of each other even before we really meet in person. It was really really great finally having the chance to meet everyone in flesh. And everyone was rather surprised (like usual) to find out that I am much much taller than they expected me to be. Gggaaarhhhh.. do I really look that short in pictures?? Whenever someone pointed their cam at my direction, I would stare at the lens with a smile, and there went everyone saying in unison “Camwhore !!!!” I would not stop myself from smiling wider and eventually broke into bursts of laughters. Yeah, it was that fun and funny the entire afternoon with bloggers I have wanted to meet for so long, with some predictable familiar characteristics, as well as tonnes of surprises.


The FOOD

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




In between conversations, we had sweet stuff to munch and munch. We have got candies and chocolates all the way from the United States, thanks to Suzie and there was Chocolate and raisin round cakes. Yummy.. I think I ate more than I wanted. and I think everyone noticed Ah well, who doesn’t like sweet stuff anyway. And Suzie was rather surprised to see everyone (since all present are bloggers) taking up cameras and start snapping pictures before eating the food. That is what we bloggers do anyway, we snap pictures first, collect the materials, and think later on how to process and compose an entry out of what we already have. Hence the weird habit of carrying cameras everywhere we go, and taking pictures of almost anything, including the food that we eat. A blog may not necessarily contain pictures to make it a good blog, but a picture can describe many things that words can’t describe, thus the importance of photo-taking for bloggers.

Here is a group photo of everyone.


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Sue requested her face to be blurred. And so it was blurred.

To Sue, it was such a pleasure meeting and chatting with you. You have such charisma and enthusiasm that many people nowadays lack, and those characteristics make you such a special person, and a precious blog reader to all of us. It is also refreshing to see another Kuching fellow traveling far out but still having their roots firm back here, and making efforts to keep connections alive, while making new connections. I am deeply honored to have you as a reader, and I believe you have inspired the bloggers at the meet to blog on, and improve further on their blogs. I shall be looking forward for your Italian cooking the next time you come back to Kuching.

To all the other bloggers who attended the meet, heck, we should all meet up again some time soon !!!!

24 comments:

  1. wah, so hard to get into the comment page. walan~ why that picture of me?? so weird..haha. should dapao more chocolates home ya? hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. wah lau... why the picture of me so terrible one? ask me nice nice and I'll camwhore for you lah...*lol*

    emotional damage! I'll sue you! *rotfl*

    You're right, it was very fun. If it's not too much too hope, we should do this again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. did u help clean up the mess u made?

    ReplyDelete
  4. wah.. need to click on so many comment button to post comment one ah? Gosh! I need to lose weight! got portrait intro some more! signature move eh?

    btw.. don't u guys think irene looked pretty greedy digging for the chocolates? :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey chun chow,
    huh?? i thought my blog has always been like that?? click once u are on the permalink then click again to post comment?? ahahhaa i only have that individual pic of u mar.. looks ok leh...

    hey luxferi,
    aahahahaa, u look gorgeous !!! dun worry, i have readers telling me that too. yeah, we must do this again soon !! weekends?? ask irene organize, she is good, ahahhhaa

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey wuching
    im a very clean person and I dont make a mess.

    hey allen,
    huh, i thought only click 2 times????? whats everyone using?? not IE ah???
    yeah, its MY SIGNATURE TRADEMARK, muaahahhahahhaa.... u dun see other bloggers doing that for every blogger meet..
    i agree with u.. she memang pun greedy... ekeekkekekekekkkkeeee

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHEM... talking about me? NO!!! I don't want to organise anything!!! Ask somebody else to do it *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahaha... Irene scared of organizing liau. Cannot blame her, cos she organize our circle of college friends' gathering and they give her a hard time (except me...aiseh!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ROBINNNNNNN, why u put up that pic of me??? lol...got nice pics u put ugly ones. *whacks robin*

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey irene,
    you MUST organize something, must must. You have the skills and everything, ahahhahahaa

    hey luxferi...
    ohh really?? then she is the best person to do the job !!

    hey ivan
    hmm, whats wrong with my choice of photos ah?? everyone seemed cool and nice leh !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. it occurs to me that i'm missing all the fun back home heheh

    ReplyDelete
  12. irene's 'angry' cos we were talking about her being greedy. :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey merv,
    come back quick !! we shall "share" the fun with you.. ahahhahaa

    hey allen,
    awww.. just pulling her legs mar.. ehehehhee, its normal to be greedy mar, right?? arent we all the same?

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow nice post..introduce each of us somemore.... ken's photo is kinda funny haha.. and allen's identity exposed!!! haha... good work dude!

    ReplyDelete
  15. eEee now I'm wishing that I went =(!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey frank,
    thanks, of course must intro everyone mar.. ahahahahaa, bloggers are super cool people. yeah. poor allen, exposed oledy, muahaahhaahahaaha.... but he said he doesnt mind...

    hey sam,
    yeah, you should have come !! can meet awesome awesome people !! and sue was really entertaining...

    ReplyDelete
  17. *BLEK* Me angry? *LOL* It's so funny that Robin manage to capture the time I dig for chocolate ahahaha... I didn't organise anything.. Hmmm... I just sent e-mails out and wait for you guys and gals and Sue to confirm that's all. I didn't do anything :P I just sit back and check my mail. Hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice apartments, Which area in Kuching is it situated in?

    ReplyDelete
  19. hey irene,
    ahhaha, i guess my skill is getting better, can take pictures unnoticed, muahahahahaa...
    anyway, u did a great job getting everyone together. not easy task.

    hey anonymous,
    it is at 4.5 miles area... the new guarded residential apartments.

    ReplyDelete
  20. fuyoh... Robin, my picture makes me look so fierce leh... scary oh..

    ReplyDelete
  21. robin.. i don't mind.. as long as it's not over exposed la. :P hehe..

    well, i just don't post my own photo on my blog.. not just yet. that's all. :)

    making cameo to other site.. is still okay for me..

    ReplyDelete
  22. hey miracle8
    ahahhahaa, u have the "teacher" look that would make students obey ur commands !! just kidding.. ehehhee

    hey allen,
    ahahahaa, cameo eh? but when will u post ur own pic up ur blog?

    ReplyDelete
  23. robin, i guess i will when the right time comes? :P

    ReplyDelete
  24. hey allen,
    ahahhhaha, once u put up ur pic, i think the girls will be all over you man !!

    ReplyDelete